Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

From the book "The Seven Stories of Love," by Marcia Millman:

"People who accept themselves do not demand perfection in others, and therefore, they don't have as much trouble making a commitment to love. But a person with low self-esteem who can't face his own insecurities often projects his self-hatred onto other people and constantly focuses on the other person's flaws. If he could find a partner who ws flawless, he coul escape hisself-hatred by merging with that perfection, nd he may search the world for that perfection. But no one is perfect, and haating himself, he sees only flaws all around him and despises what he can't bear to see in himself. No one is ever good enough for such a person, and he cruelly reminds them of how they fall short. For these people, it's never the right time or the right place or the right person."

Of course, I see myself in this, or I wouldn't have brought it up. Thoughts, anyone?

Mar 24th 2013 new

Absolutely. Not just about male/female love. I'm having a hard time right now finding foregiveness for what I perceive to have been a real outrage directed to me. I hate myself for it, and the more I hate myself for it, the more I angry I am at the person who wronged me. I am asking for foregiveness and charity - but not feeliing it yet.

Mar 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Margo-404841 said: From the book "The Seven Stories of Love," by Marcia Millman: "People
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

From the book "The Seven Stories of Love," by Marcia Millman:

"People who accept themselves do not demand perfection in others, and therefore, they don't have as much trouble making a commitment to love. But a person with low self-esteem who can't face his own insecurities often projects his self-hatred onto other people and constantly focuses on the other person's flaws. If he could find a partner who ws flawless, he coul escape hisself-hatred by merging with that perfection, nd he may search the world for that perfection. But no one is perfect, and haating himself, he sees only flaws all around him and despises what he can't bear to see in himself. No one is ever good enough for such a person, and he cruelly reminds them of how they fall short. For these people, it's never the right time or the right place or the right person."

Of course, I see myself in this, or I wouldn't have brought it up. Thoughts, anyone?

--hide--
This is so true, and very succinctly said.
Mar 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: This is so true, and very succinctly said.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: This is so true, and very succinctly said.
--hide--
Margo-- didn't mean it was true about you-- just that the quote is very true. Oops
Mar 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Absolutely. Not just about male/female love. I'm having a hard time right now finding foreg...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Absolutely. Not just about male/female love. I'm having a hard time right now finding foregiveness for what I perceive to have been a real outrage directed to me. I hate myself for it, and the more I hate myself for it, the more I angry I am at the person who wronged me. I am asking for foregiveness and charity - but not feeliing it yet.

--hide--

Oh, Beverly, I will pray for you to find peace, whatever the origin of the disturbance may have been.

Sweet dreams, my friend!

Mar 25th 2013 new
Beverly , when we become angry there is feeling we bypass & that's call hurt . With that said ask yourself how do get past this. What ever the situation is do you want to fester in you & go round & round with no closer . Try not to let it win over you by handcuffing you. Or it will be like a ball & chain. Offer it up & pray to forgive it . Then true peice will come to you !
Mar 25th 2013 new
[quote] Beverly, I find myself in the same boat, knowing that forgiving is necessary to my own well-being and closeness to God and wanting to forgive, yet not feeling it at all. I'll be mentioning that in Confession tomorrow and will pray for you as well. I confess I do not know what else to do.
Mar 25th 2013 new

Thank you, all of you, for your thoughts and prayers. I too will be marching myself to confession this week. This is destroying my peace, and I don't like it. I appreciate your all.

I apologize Margo for hijacking your thread. Not what I meant to do, but when I read your post I went, Ah Ha! that is exactly what I am feeling.

Mar 25th 2013 new

I can relate... cuz I am perfect !!! tongue

Mar 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: when I read your post I went, Ah Ha! that is exactly what I am feeling.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: when I read your post I went, Ah Ha! that is exactly what I am feeling.

--hide--
Beverly, you certainly didn't hijack this thread. I feel proud that it hit the nail on the head for you!

Posts 1 - 10 of 32