Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Moving on...

03/23/2013 new

Folks,

I joined CM early last summer, and was contacted by a woman in late summer. We met three weeks after we started messaging each other on CM, and we have been in a committed and exclusive relationship ever since. It no longer makes any sense to keep my membership up, and I will be canceling later this evening.

It's hard to say why we clicked....but we did. I suppose we did have some things in common...we had both been married for twenty-five years, both had had happy marriages, and had both lost a spouse.

One other thing we had in common....we were both happy with where we were, and we had both put ourselves in God's hands with respect to a relationship...or not. I had promised God, when I joined CM, that I would accept whatever He willed for me, and that if He willed that I would be single for the rest of my life, that I would embrace that, and embrace with as much vigor as I could bring to it.

We were open to love, we were open to dating, we were open to meeting new people....but neither of us was *looking* for love....we had let go of love, let go of expectations, let go of wanting, let go of needing...

James Branch Cabell said, "Love is, I think, an instant's fusing of shadow and substance." I have always thought that by "shadow" Cabell really meant grace. We find love only by becoming a channel for God's grace. And so love finds us, we do not find love. If you seek to fall in love then you must look away from love, and look towards life, your own life....look away from love and towards God, look away from desire and towards prayer....look away from love and towards laughter, look away from love and towards purpose in your life...alone....

It's all about fear in the end...fear of being alone keeps us alone....only by conquering that fear of being alone do we truly live, and only by conquering that fear can we become a channel of God's grace....let go....let go....and breathe again....

Oh, yes....I forgot. God has a sense of humor. Both of us, in our profile, had indicated we were not interested in a long distance relationship. We live nearly four hours apart. Don't ask me how this happened, but it did. We are both rooted deeply in place because of children and careers. Neither of us can move at this time, so we are feeling our way along, trying to figure out how to merge two homes, two careers, a total of six children, two dogs, four cars, and a three-legged cat. We have no answers to any of this at this time. But we continue to move forward. We see each other about once a month. And we talk every night, and text constantly. Video chats once or twice a week. Somehow we are muddling through.

Don't give up....pray constantly.

All my best,

Andrew

03/23/2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said: Folks, I joined CM early last summer, and was contacted by a woman in late summer. We met ...
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said:

Folks,

I joined CM early last summer, and was contacted by a woman in late summer. We met three weeks after we started messaging each other on CM, and we have been in a committed and exclusive relationship ever since. It no longer makes any sense to keep my membership up, and I will be canceling later this evening.

It's hard to say why we clicked....but we did. I suppose we did have some things in common...we had both been married for twenty-five years, both had had happy marriages, and had both lost a spouse.

One other thing we had in common....we were both happy with where we were, and we had both put ourselves in God's hands with respect to a relationship...or not. I had promised God, when I joined CM, that I would accept whatever He willed for me, and that if He willed that I would be single for the rest of my life, that I would embrace that, and embrace with as much vigor as I could bring to it.

We were open to love, we were open to dating, we were open to meeting new people....but neither of us was *looking* for love....we had let go of love, let go of expectations, let go of wanting, let go of needing...

James Branch Cabell said, "Love is, I think, an instant's fusing of shadow and substance." I have always thought that by "shadow" Cabell really meant grace. We find love only by becoming a channel for God's grace. And so love finds us, we do not find love. If you seek to fall in love then you must look away from love, and look towards life, your own life....look away from love and towards God, look away from desire and towards prayer....look away from love and towards laughter, look away from love and towards purpose in your life...alone....

It's all about fear in the end...fear of being alone keeps us alone....only by conquering that fear of being alone do we truly live, and only by conquering that fear can we become a channel of God's grace....let go....let go....and breathe again....

Oh, yes....I forgot. God has a sense of humor. Both of us, in our profile, had indicated we were not interested in a long distance relationship. We live nearly four hours apart. Don't ask me how this happened, but it did. We are both rooted deeply in place because of children and careers. Neither of us can move at this time, so we are feeling our way along, trying to figure out how to merge two homes, two careers, a total of six children, two dogs, four cars, and a three-legged cat. We have no answers to any of this at this time. But we continue to move forward. We see each other about once a month. And we talk every night, and text constantly. Video chats once or twice a week. Somehow we are muddling through.

All my best,

Andrew

--hide--

Wonderful story Andrew! Congratulations and Keep the faith Praying Praying Praying

What you said about love reminded me of a wonderful book THE PROPHET by Gibran Kahlil Gibran he says about love:

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

I can't say better than what he said that's why i sent you this link.

www.katsandogz.com

TKC rose

Therese
03/23/2013 new

God Bless and God Speed. Thank you for sharing and providing a ray of hope!

03/25/2013 new

Best wishes and thanks for the input it was very enlightening.

03/25/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-865848 said: Folks, I joined CM early last summer, and was contacted by a woman in late summer. We...
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said:

Folks,

All my best,

Andrew

--hide--
Enjoy your new challenges, Andrew. At least a 4 hour drive isn't unbearable so you can meet often. You'll no doubt have fun figuring out living arrangements, the animals, cars, and myriad of other things, but that will be a good learning experience for both of you.

Best wishes, Andrew!!!

03/25/2013 new

Wishing you and your lady all the best!

03/26/2013 new
So happy for you my brother!!
03/26/2013 new

All the very best to you and your lady, Andrew. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It is beautiful how things happen when we place our lives in God's hands. biggrin wave clap clap clap God Bless

03/26/2013 new

God speed Andrew! God borught you two this far and he will see you through the rest. It will all work out! Praying hug

03/26/2013 new

Congrats heart You get a Gold Star! .Thanks so much for the insights.It's really helpful.

Wishing you'll all the best in this area of your journey. theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 20