Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

SPEAK UP

03/26/2013 new

I know that this particular issue has been addressed before, but I feel like it needs to be discussed again.

It does no good to pretend that the Church since Vatican II is living up to the standards set by the Church of the past 1950 years. It is not. Anyone who denies this needs to take a good look at the world and the complete silence on the part of faithful Catholics to stand up for Truth.

We as a Church have allowed modernist and liberal "Catholics" to hijack our faith and turn it into a protestant clown show. People have made the Church out to be a field of dandelions and lolli pops, where everyone goes to Heaven and God wont send people to hell, if hell is even talked about any more.

If you try to rebuke someone on an act they are committing, you become "too judgemental"

If you tell a person if they reject the Church teaching on contraception that they are not Catholic, you become "uncharitable"

Well I have news for all of you. Hell is real, and letting people continue in errors like contraception, pre maritial sex, not going to confession, skipping mass for a Sunday football game, is as much a sin on their soul as it is on yours if you remain silent. Silence is a way to engage in sin. And the people that continue to do this these, the longer it is promoted, and the more cowardice and silence we have is another victory and another soul for Satan.

I am going to criticize Catholic Match for this, I am paying and I have the right to express my opinion and feedback. By allowing people who reject Church teachings such as contraception and pre marital sex to come on to this site you are allowing a grave error to continue, namely; it is ok to reject these things and still be called Catholic. Here is an idea, I guarantee you that if you as a website reject those people, and instead flash a message that says something like "by rejecting this teaching you separate yourself from the body of Christ, the Church. Here are some links to help you learn more about this topic. Even if you cant overcome this sin immediately, you can still accept, understand, and work towards it", people will listen and think.

Dont let money drag you to hell. Stand up for what is right, make a stand for these types of acceptances, and take a step to educate our brothers and sisters who reject out of ignorance and not rebellion (I hope). If you do not make them uncomfortable, then they will keep doing what they are doing. If you tell someone that contraception is a mortal sin and they will go to hell if they continue to use it, then I promise you they will think twice about it.

The only way to take the Church back, to fight back the heretical protestant sects and educate those involved is to speak up. When the Arian heresy in the 4th century was widespread in the Church, one Bishop stood up for what he believed. He was excommunicated 5 times, put on trial several times more, and ridiculed. But he was right. This is a quote from Athanasius writing on the Arian heresy. Out of the whole Church, he was the only Bishop to stand up against the arian heresy, was even condemned by a weak Pope, Liberius.

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ"

We must be true to Tradition and not let the freak show Church running around continue to trample on the teachings of Christ. We as laity have to be more vocal and stand up for what is right. The Popes can order Bishops around all day but it will do no good if the bishops and priests do not heed their words. They have to be pressured from both sides.

We need to speak up, which is why i am posting this topic. Some of you might have better access to visibility, to spreading the message, etc, but it needs to be spread and we need to begin teaching the faith not only to others, but to uninformed Catholics.

03/27/2013 new

True love means not being politically correct and I agree that it is important not to dance around issues as if saying "I disagree but I'm not going to tell someone that they shouldn't" is actually correct. If anything our silence speaks volumes and it encourages the growth of more problems. We have a responsibiity to stand up for the traditional teachings of the Church and to guard ourselves and others from the "protestant show down."

03/27/2013 new

(Quote) Marissa-900716 said: True love means not being politically correct and I agree that it is important not to dance aro...
(Quote) Marissa-900716 said:

True love means not being politically correct and I agree that it is important not to dance around issues as if saying "I disagree but I'm not going to tell someone that they shouldn't" is actually correct. If anything our silence speaks volumes and it encourages the growth of more problems. We have a responsibiity to stand up for the traditional teachings of the Church and to guard ourselves and others from the "protestant show down."

--hide--

bingo :P

Posts 1 - 3 of 3