Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Sorry that a 30 years of friendship had to end, this is sad, i wish there was anything to be d...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said:

Sorry that a 30 years of friendship had to end, this is sad, i wish there was anything to be done to save it.

What they say about friendship

Friendship is basically when two people spend time together, or write to one another, tell each other secrets, fears, worries, trust one another, help one another, forgive one another.

Friendship is lovely! It is something which one should never lose. It is precious to everyone.

Friendship is about mutual respect, affection, help, and providing comfort in times of crises. Friendship is a mutually supportive relationship between two or more people.

But Chelle if you had these things in your friendship it shouldn't lead to what happened!
--hide--

Hi Therese! Thank you for your kind words. I hadn't thought about it that way, but there was definitely a lack of mutuality, especially toward the end. I appreciate you bringing that to light for me! Chelle

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes -Never let a man know everything. H...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes

-Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

-Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and your always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.

Do you agree?

I personally think differently. Your thoughts?

TKC

Therese
--hide--

I LOATHE these kinds of nonsense. Not all women think alike anymore than all men think alike. Grouping together an entire sex like that makes them into "the other" and creates disconent between those that should be acting as brothers and sisters. Everyone thinks differently. Everyone has different personalities. We are all special little snowflakes - each one different and unique yet we all had bad quirks and good quriks. To lump all women together, to me, is revolting and suggest that one woman is interchangable with the next - which demeans all women to nothing more than objects.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Men of this type generally can be detected by close observance of how they talk about thei...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Men of this type generally can be detected by close observance of how they talk about their family, friends or cutting remarks about a passer by. They usially portray that outlaw image with knuckles dragging on the ground. It is sad when someone is betrayed at that level, men with these traits tend also to view their partner or wife as goods owned. I encountered an individual like this giving his wife a hard time. I asked him whether he had paid his annual registration for her. He looked at me strangely and said What do you mean??? I replied well you treat her as if you own her and you bark at her as if she were a dog, naturally I would presume you must have registered her with the local council. He mumbled and muttered and sheepishly walked away.We have a priest here that was at a wedding reception and one of the guests hit his wife in the face knocking her to the ground. The priest went over immediately and punched the guy out! Now that was a sign of peace with attitude!! I personally don't is any ones business in regards to the past. If God were to use the same criteria as is often used in abusive relationships, we would all be stoking coal in the furnace below. Men whom do this act of betrayal of a confidence can pretty well be relied upon to be abusive spouses, in the physical and mental sense. Shell, I tihink you were saved by the bell, thank God you never married him. My mother had a saying which went this way,"When a man or woman display a bad trait before marriage, multiply it by ten and that's what you can expect if you marry them."

--hide--

Con, this reminds me of a quote a friend sent me the other day, "God sometimes removes a person from your life for your protection. Don't run after them." - Rick Warren

Mar 26th 2013 new

Great advice, Marge! When you bury the hatchet, make sure it stays buried. Especially if it's an in-law. wink

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said: (Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-384374 said:

Quote:
Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes

-Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and your always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.

Do you agree?

TKC

Therese

I LOATHE these kinds of nonsense. Not all women think alike anymore than all men think alike. Grouping together an entire sex like that makes them into "the other" and creates disconent between those that should be acting as brothers and sisters. Everyone thinks differently. Everyone has different personalities. We are all special little snowflakes - each one different and unique yet we all had bad quirks and good quriks. To lump all women together, to me, is revolting and suggest that one woman is interchangable with the next - which demeans all women to nothing more than objects.

--hide--

I agree, I don't like these kind of ideas and quotes designed to create division between the genders or designed to lump people into separate predictable pools of thought. I would do neither thing. I just hope to meet someone sincere who is open and will get to know the man as an individual.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: (Quote) Therese-668052 said: Sorry that a 30 years of friendship had to ...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Quote:
Therese-668052 said:

Sorry that a 30 years of friendship had to end, this is sad, i wish there was anything to be done to save it.

What they say about friendship

Friendship is basically when two people spend time together, or write to one another, tell each other secrets, fears, worries, trust one another, help one another, forgive one another.

Friendship is lovely! It is something which one should never lose. It is precious to everyone.

Friendship is about mutual respect, affection, help, and providing comfort in times of crises. Friendship is a mutually supportive relationship between two or more people.

But Chelle if you had these things in your friendship it shouldn't lead to what happened!

Hi Therese! Thank you for your kind words. I hadn't thought about it that way, but there was definitely a lack of mutuality, especially toward the end. I appreciate you bringing that to light for me! Chelle

--hide--

I am sorry that you had that happen Chelle. I lost a longtime friend after some evidence of lack of mutuality too.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes -Never let a man know everything. H...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: I was surfing the internet and stopped by these two quotes

Do you agree?

TKC

Therese
--hide--
I, too, unfortunately have found those to be right on. Men are of a completely different mindset and need the mystery as we women are communicaters and want to know and share everything.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-146273 said: I was surfing the Internet and I saw the same thing.. except it said "Women" in...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

I was surfing the Internet and I saw the same thing.. except it said "Women" instead of Men.. maybe they want us to use it against each other.

--hide--
I like the balance. wink laughing cool

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Men of this type generally can be detected by close observance of how they talk about thei...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Men of this type generally can be detected by close observance of how they talk about their family, friends or cutting remarks about a passer by. They usially portray that outlaw image with knuckles dragging on the ground. It is sad when someone is betrayed at that level, men with these traits tend also to view their partner or wife as goods owned. I encountered an individual like this giving his wife a hard time. I asked him whether he had paid his annual registration for her. He looked at me strangely and said What do you mean??? I replied well you treat her as if you own her and you bark at her as if she were a dog, naturally I would presume you must have registered her with the local council. He mumbled and muttered and sheepishly walked away.We have a priest here that was at a wedding reception and one of the guests hit his wife in the face knocking her to the ground. The priest went over immediately and punched the guy out! Now that was a sign of peace with attitude!! I personally don't is any ones business in regards to the past. If God were to use the same criteria as is often used in abusive relationships, we would all be stoking coal in the furnace below. Men whom do this act of betrayal of a confidence can pretty well be relied upon to be abusive spouses, in the physical and mental sense. Shell, I tihink you were saved by the bell, thank God you never married him. My mother had a saying which went this way,"When a man or woman display a bad trait before marriage, multiply it by ten and that's what you can expect if you marry them."

--hide--
Amen to that brother!! clap i agree with ya 100%

Mar 27th 2013 new

Not sure how to respond to #1 but #2 is very true. Not only is it healthy for a woman to have outside interests , it keeps the man from being bored in the relationship if he is constantly discovering new sides to his beloved.

Posts 21 - 30 of 54