Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

the Executive branch not enforcing/defending a legitimate, legal law.

If a federal or state executive branch can pick and choose what laws it will enforce, why do we need legislative or judicial branches of government?

Should we go straight to a dictatorship? What ever happened to the checks and balances of the three branch government?

Why isn't somebody (state and federal), in jail or impeached?

Mar 27th 2013 new

Tom, you really picked up on something here, that is rather buried in all the rhetoric about the cases before the Court this week.

I was struck by it too as I listened to the transcript of proceedings, how messed up both of these situations are in that regard.

I would not be surprised to see the Court decide there is no standing in one or both of the cases.

Mar 27th 2013 new

The US is going over more and more to the corporate fascist model. One way to control people is to make them into perverts. Do we need any more evidence that the drive for "gay marriage" is really just a massive brainwashing operation?

Mar 27th 2013 new

I bet Justice Roberts will be a surprise vote in favor of gay marriage. He caved on Obamacare and I fear he will do the same on gay marriage.

Just remember, liberals see the govt as being God. To them, the state is the highest power. Thus they believe that anything the govt says is just like a commandment from God. Obama is their saviour!

I can guarantee that we will be on the road to the govt trying to force religious institutions to perform gay marriages or be shut down by the govt if the homosexuals have it their way. Checks and balances only matter to liberals when it is a conservative that tries to propose or pass legislation. Liberals want blind acceptance of their agenda and will try to silence any attempt to counter their agenda.

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-935996 said: I bet Justice Roberts will be a surprise vote in favor of gay marriage. He caved on Obamacare a...
(Quote) Matthew-935996 said:

I bet Justice Roberts will be a surprise vote in favor of gay marriage. He caved on Obamacare and I fear he will do the same on gay marriage.

Just remember, liberals see the govt as being God. To them, the state is the highest power. Thus they believe that anything the govt says is just like a commandment from God. Obama is their saviour!

I can guarantee that we will be on the road to the govt trying to force religious institutions to perform gay marriages or be shut down by the govt if the homosexuals have it their way. Checks and balances only matter to liberals when it is a conservative that tries to propose or pass legislation. Liberals want blind acceptance of their agenda and will try to silence any attempt to counter their agenda.

--hide--

Good to see that Texas is still producing young people who are religious and conservative. America would be a lot worse off if it weren't for you Texans.

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-935996 said: I bet Justice Roberts will be a surprise vote in favor of gay marriage. He caved on Obamacare a...

--hide--

I couldn't agree with you more, Matthew! It is a sad, sick situation that we're finding ourselves in right now. If they rule in favor of gay marriage now, then that could very well decide the entire gays being admitted into the Boy Scouts deal. And yes, it would come to the point that all churches would be forced by the government to "marry" gay couples or be penalized for it.

As far as Chief Justice Roberts is concerned, I think he'll cave too after what he pulled with Obamacare. I never thought he'd do what he did.

Mar 28th 2013 new

--hide--

The northeastern establishment is showing its stranglehold over the government, media and financial powers in the United States. It's no coincidence that rights to deviant sexual behavior are being spoonfed to the brainwashed masses at the same time that the American middle class and poor are being deprived of a decent standard of living. Sodomy is about brutal repression. This country is turning into a fascist corporatist state.

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: I couldn't agree with you more, Matthew! It is a sad, sick situation that we...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

I couldn't agree with you more, Matthew! It is a sad, sick situation that we're finding ourselves in right now. If they rule in favor of gay marriage now, then that could very well decide the entire gays being admitted into the Boy Scouts deal. And yes, it would come to the point that all churches would be forced by the government to "marry" gay couples or be penalized for it.

As far as Chief Justice Roberts is concerned, I think he'll cave too after what he pulled with Obamacare. I never thought he'd do what he did.

--hide--
Hi Jessica, Roberts actually drew some sharp lines. papers.ssrn.com www.forbes.com

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: the Executive branch not enforcing/defending a legitimate, legal law.If a federal or sta...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

the Executive branch not enforcing/defending a legitimate, legal law.

If a federal or state executive branch can pick and choose what laws it will enforce, why do we need legislative or judicial branches of government?

Should we go straight to a dictatorship? What ever happened to the checks and balances of the three branch government?

Why isn't somebody (state and federal), in jail or impeached?

--hide--

Homosexual "marriage" "rights" are a curse in all Western countries at the moment not just the US. Australia, New Zealand, France, UK, Ireland all have Homosexual "marriage" "laws" in some stage in their legislative process. The only places you dont hear about it is Moslem, Jewish and Africa. I wonder why?

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Jessica, Roberts actually drew some sharp lines. papers.ssrn.com.
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Jessica, Roberts actually drew some sharp lines. papers.ssrn.com www.forbes.com

--hide--

Hi Bernie,

I heard this argument when the whole thing actually came out, and I understand where they're coming from, but that is to suppose that Obama will abide by the Constitution. Honestly, I don't think it matters whether or not Obama can impose a prison fine for not buying health insurance, what matters is that Obamacare itself passed. Now the liberals can twist it to mean anything they want it to.

Posts 1 - 10 of 36