Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Back when places first started advertising FREE WIFI, my mom said, Free Wiffy. She's so freaki...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Back when places first started advertising FREE WIFI, my mom said, Free Wiffy. She's so freakin' cute.

--hide--

laughing

Reminds me of a local radio commercial I heard while living in western NY state. A local restaurant had just started their free WiFi, but the DJ called it "wee-fee". I couldn't stop laughing. laughing

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Thanks for letting me know Jerry. I'll starting going exclusively to the Caribou across the street--...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Thanks for letting me know Jerry. I'll starting going exclusively to the Caribou across the street--they have an awesome tasting Mahogony dark roast.
--hide--

We do not have a Starbucks in Peru, but that is no big deal, Le Cirque is across the street from St. Charles and they are in the buisness of making coffee, not taking over the world like Starbicks is. Here is a thumbsup to the Mom and Pop coffee shops.

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Reminds me of a local radio commercial I heard while living in western NY state. ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Reminds me of a local radio commercial I heard while living in western NY state. A local restaurant had just started their free WiFi, but the DJ called it "wee-fee". I couldn't stop laughing.

--hide--

laughing WIFI sounds funny all in itself, too!

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: We do not have a Starbucks in Peru, but that is no big deal, Le Cirque is across the...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

We do not have a Starbucks in Peru, but that is no big deal, Le Cirque is across the street from St. Charles and they are in the buisness of making coffee, not taking over the world like Starbicks is. Here is a to the Mom and Pop coffee shops.

--hide--

And a thumbsup to Nightsky in Troy, Ohio. They are local, have good coffee and good food (they need to get their Italian line up back though).

Mar 28th 2013 new
Coffee Bean is good to and they have WiFi
Mar 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I guess my Gold Card will be revoked. That's a shame.
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I guess my Gold Card will be revoked. That's a shame.

--hide--

no no no--what is needed is buying more shares...and a hostile take over!!! flood them with pro-lifers
Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Elizabeth et alia, I get my coffee from Gevalia. James :-) <...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Elizabeth et alia,

I get my coffee from Gevalia.

James :-)

--hide--

Are you a poet, and don't know it?

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Elizabeth et alia, I get my coffe...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Hi Elizabeth et alia,

I get my coffee from Gevalia.

James :-)

Are you a poet, and don't know it?

--hide--

Nay, in STM, I'm a troublemaker instigator.

wink

James ☺

Apr 2nd 2013 new

I avoid Starbucks as much as possible. Thankfully, there are other places to go for coffee (better tasting and cheaper) and many different places offer free internet access these days. If businesses really are concerned about supporting diversity, they shouldn't take political positions on divisive issues. Just serve the coffee at a reasonable price with good service. I don't need a political agenda from my coffee provider. I feel sorry for the people who work there who are uncomfortable with the employer's political views.

Posts 61 - 69 of 69