Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

CM Events and Meet-Ups

Mar 27th 2013 new

Have you been to one? If so, why? If not, why not?

Mar 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Have you been to one? If so, why? If not, why not?
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Have you been to one? If so, why? If not, why not?

--hide--
wave Hi, Lucy. I'm organizing my second event, and made 3 meet-ups apart from the events. I enjoyed each one, and feel blessed to have met the people I have at them. Wish I could afford to go to one out of state, but my limited funds need to be dedicated elsewhere at the moment.

How about you?

Mar 28th 2013 new

Donna from Indianapolis is the Queen, I think, but I've done okay.

Lovefest 2006 (NYC)
CM San Antonio 2006
CM Philadelphia 2006
CM Harrisburg, PA (aka "The Quiet Man" fest) 2006
CM Memphis 2006
CM Boston...2007???
several meetups in and around Boston 2008-2010
CM meetups in Portsmouth, NH...2011???

Mar 28th 2013 new

I have not gone to one but would like to. There's never any event close to where I live.

Mar 28th 2013 new

Yes, about 8 or so. Horseback riding, corn maze, and zoo, once each. Arlington Race track several times. Brought my kids to all of them, except the first Arlington I attended. All were local, and most were during the summer when I was not working (except for being a mom). All the events were arranged by two CMr's, both of which aren't active members anymore (I believe).

For those looking to get out and do something, I highly recommend attending an event. thumbsup If you can travel, do so then. I've found that evenone who attends them are friendly, and if you have kids, they are very welcoming of them.

Mar 28th 2013 new

CM Phoenix in the Fall 2012, and excited to go to CM Phoenix in the Spring 2013--thanks, Lina, for such a great time!!! clap Bow

I want to go to more of them, and hope to help organize one for California in the future. It is THE BEST WAY to meet others, have Christian fellowship, and have FUN!! So many interesting and fun, diverse people to meet and begin friendships!!! Do it, do it DO IT! thumbsup

Mar 28th 2013 new

off to 2 events this year
will be my first experience

time to take the plunge!

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Hi, Lucy. I'm organizing my second event, and made 3 meet-ups apart from the events. I enjoyed...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

Hi, Lucy. I'm organizing my second event, and made 3 meet-ups apart from the events. I enjoyed each one, and feel blessed to have met the people I have at them. Wish I could afford to go to one out of state, but my limited funds need to be dedicated elsewhere at the moment.

How about you?

--hide--

Thanks, Lina, for organizing the events you've done! I'm not an organizer of the full-scale events. I'm just not the talented! wink I've only organized one Meet-Up at my place for New Year's Eve in Dec. 2011, though I'm second in command for a couple Helen 407474 technically heads up . As for attending:

CM St. Louis - 2x

CM Ireland 2011

CM Indy events - too many too count, though I don't make them as often as I'd like

CM Chicago - 2012

several small meet-ups within a few hours drive from me

one meet-up organized by the NY/NJ peeps when another CMer and I came to town

Like you, Lina, my funds are limited, as well as timing due to teaching. I'd LOVE to travel to some of the events that have been listed over the years. I've not been to Phoenix, but I believe the OTHER Peoria is nearby... wink

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Donna from Indianapolis is the Queen, I think, but I've done okay.Lovefest 2006 (NYC)...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Donna from Indianapolis is the Queen, I think, but I've done okay.

Lovefest 2006 (NYC)
CM San Antonio 2006
CM Philadelphia 2006
CM Harrisburg, PA (aka "The Quiet Man" fest) 2006
CM Memphis 2006
CM Boston...2007???
several meetups in and around Boston 2008-2010
CM meetups in Portsmouth, NH...2011???

--hide--

And don't forget CM St. Louis! You and I got a chance to meet at the tail end of one of those, and I think that may have been your second one in St. Louis

Mar 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: I have not gone to one but would like to. There's never any event close to where I live. ...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

I have not gone to one but would like to. There's never any event close to where I live.

--hide--

Hi, Susan! wave I hope you get to attend one, too! Have you thought of trying to host a small meet-up for Mass, followed by a meal? Get in touch with Mary 25961. I'm not sure how far you are from the NYC area, but I know once upon a time, they had a crew that met monthly there. I think they've slacked off, but they might still get together occasionally.

Posts 1 - 10 of 49