Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Do you refrain from contacting/respondingn to CM members in your town/local area? If so, why?

Mar 29th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Do you refrain from contacting/respondingn to CM members in your town/local area? If so, why?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Do you refrain from contacting/respondingn to CM members in your town/local area? If so, why?

--hide--

No. I would prefer someone local.
Mar 29th 2013 new

Local lady? Hasn't happened in eight years on CM. I just did a quick search, "free to marry ladies 50-59 within 50 miles, active in last 60 days", nada. Despite years of church bulletin ads, it is rare that anybody my age joins around here. Now if I joined Lutheran Match rolling eyes

Location is everything to answer this question... what are your options? I've been able to meet several ladies in the Twin Cities area, about 150 miles away, and even took a couple stabs at long distance. I'm finally at a point in life where I have nothing tying me to staying here, so I'm thinking along those lines, Minneapolis versus even moving to another state... biggest worry, though, is will anybody hire a slightly worn out 55-yo HR generalist.

Mar 29th 2013 new

I avoid the guys if I already know them. If we see each other on here, we don't say anything to each other about it in real life. It's kind of funny, there's this unspoken rule. I think it's because we already know we aren't going to date and if we bring up the fact that we saw each other on here, we're automatically fishing for a date. It's just taboo.

My girlfriends who are on here, on the other hand, I talk to all the time.

Mar 29th 2013 new

Where I live in Indiana, I can be to KY, IL, or OH in about 90 minutes or less. They don't call Indiana the Crossroads of America for nothing. I-70 cuts the state in half side to side and I-65 from top to bottom. All roads intersect in Indianapolis.

There are lots of men in the Indianapolis metro area, but no one in this state has ever shown any interest whatsoever. I don't get it. Of course, if truth be told, no man from any other state has shown any serious interest either.. weeping

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Where I live in Indiana, I can be to KY, IL, or OH in about 90 minutes or less. They don't cal...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Where I live in Indiana, I can be to KY, IL, or OH in about 90 minutes or less. They don't call Indiana the Crossroads of America for nothing. I-70 cuts the state in half side to side and I-65 from top to bottom. All roads intersect in Indianapolis.

There are lots of men in the Indianapolis metro area, but no one in this state has ever shown any interest whatsoever. I don't get it. Of course, if truth be told, no man from any other state has shown any serious interest either..

--hide--

Awwwww Donna sad

Mar 29th 2013 new

I honestly have no preference one way or the other. I would sort of prefer someone local, but my job is easily transferred to just about any major city so I would have no issues with a long distance relationship either.

Mar 29th 2013 new

I have responded to matches and view of men within a 200 mile range - no responses back. There are no matches for me in immediate area (say 50 miles).

Mar 29th 2013 new

I ask out, or at least message ALL the local gals. One gal had to be messaged 9 times before we met.

Why the reticence ladies?

Mar 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Where I live in Indiana, I can be to KY, IL, or OH in about 90 minutes or less. They don't cal...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There are lots of men in the Indianapolis metro area, but no one in this state has ever shown any interest whatsoever. I don't get it. Of course, if truth be told, no man from any other state has shown any serious interest either..

--hide--

Checkout meetup.com/cincinnati-nky-30-catholic-singles .. and bring an Indy carpool ...

... for their Dance on Saturday April 13th. 160 people were at their March 9th Dance, including me. Only danced w/ 6 women. Should be 7 of us Central Kentuckians there.

Posts 1 - 10 of 119