Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.
Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael
Don't give up, be patient. I've been doing online dating on and off for several years now. I've met a couple wonderful men. Unfortunately it didn't ork out. I've started to look at this site in particular as a tool for growth and a way to make some friends. It takes time though, to find a man you are interested in, who responds etc etc. My other piece of advice is to give them all a chance, if a guy messages you respond unless its totally inappropriate, you never know what will happen. I was bad about that in the beginning and there are a couple of guys that I now regret having not really responded well too. It's not a fast journey, but one that I think will be worth it.
Hopefully these will help...
Welcome! Pray for patience... lol I'm still trying to master that virtue!
1. Put God at the center of it, and don't lose that focus.
2. Remain open and positive. No one is going to take a chance on someone with huge walls to break down and a negative attitude.
3. Develop a tough skin. You have to be able to take a good deal of rejection and not take this too personally. This, combined with step 2, is a great challenge.
4. Guard your heart-- it is a treasure that must be deserved, earned, and protected. Choose wisely who you allow close to it; measure out access.
5. Take a chance on people! God made them and loves them. That in itself should be incentive to give them a shot.