Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The Book the Changed Me

Mar 30th 2013 new

I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I realized what made me grow a whole lot better. It was understanding the way people communicate love. The book or idea about the 5 love languages has always helped me be a great date and all that and to be honest with out knowing it I met someone who I started dating and found out she has read it as well. It's like being with a best friend with out trying. It doesn't tell you who to match with but it tells you how you liked to be love and how to understand the language of others love which may be different than your own. Has anyone else had success with this book?

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggle...
(Quote) David-622846 said:

I am sorry if this has been talked about before. But I see a lot on here of people's struggles and I realized what made me grow a whole lot better. It was understanding the way people communicate love. The book or idea about the 5 love languages has always helped me be a great date and all that and to be honest with out knowing it I met someone who I started dating and found out she has read it as well. It's like being with a best friend with out trying. It doesn't tell you who to match with but it tells you how you liked to be love and how to understand the language of others love which may be different than your own. Has anyone else had success with this book?

--hide--

I have heard that this is an absolutely great book! It has toold in it to keep in mind and I think I would benefit from reading it too. THAnks for sharing.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: Has anyone else had success with this book?
(Quote) David-622846 said: Has anyone else had success with this book?
--hide--

Do you happen to have a title and author of the book in question?

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: Do you happen to have a title and author of the book in question?
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

Do you happen to have a title and author of the book in question?

--hide--

www.amazon.com

I have also heard it is a great book! people express love in a different way! some people are affectionate, some people give you time, some people gifts, etc. theheart

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: www.amazon.com I hav...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

www.amazon.com

I have also heard it is a great book! people express love in a different way! some people are affectionate, some people give you time, some people gifts, etc.

--hide--

-words of affirmation.
-recieving gifts.
-acts of service.
-physical touch.
-quality time.

Mar 30th 2013 new

Exactly, wish I spelled my topic right tho.. Anyways its about what people treasure and how to tell and understand compared to your own love language. I'm a quality time person and its helped me understand how to appreciate people who are not. Especially gift givers which I always had the most trouble with before this book.

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: www.amazon.com I hav...
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

www.amazon.com

I have also heard it is a great book! people express love in a different way! some people are affectionate, some people give you time, some people gifts, etc.

--hide--

Mar 30th 2013 new

I find it very interesting that my mom finds love in Letters and cards. She will sit and write for hours and she loves opening mail. I remembered sending a thank you note a few years back and she even responded to it. I know for every holiday I usually get a note and card. It is her ministry and her knowing that people care to write her back.

Mar 30th 2013 new

I really enjoyed the book and found it to be very valuable.

Mar 30th 2013 new

I have read the Five Love Languages book (did so at a personal, silent retreat this past December.....wow!) Great read and great information. I also followed up with the online test - very informative. I now know I am personally one who craves both Quality Time and spoken Affirmations. It puts all the "puzzle pieces" together for me.

Mar 30th 2013 new

Yes, I bought the book and found it to be very valuable in understanding both myself and others. It really is important to give to the other person what he or she needs to feel loved, if showing our love is our goal. It's really amazing how our best intentions can fall so flat. For instance, I had a boyfriend who often said complimentary, supportive things to me...and it bugged me as I thought, "Why don't you help me around my house when you know I need help?" Turns out, after we both read the book, that HIS second love language was Affirmations, and MY first language at the time was Acts of Service.

Posts 1 - 10 of 26