Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

What do you want on your Tombstone?

Seriously. What epitaph do you want?

Mar 30th 2013 new

Beloved Wife and Mother

Not very imaginative, I know; I've never thought of anything funny to put on. ..

Mar 30th 2013 new

I wouldn't mind: "Saint Matthew of______: patron saint of composers and jazz musicians" I might have to leave space at the top since the beatification process takes a while ;)

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-928862 said: I wouldn't mind: "Saint Matthew of______: patron saint of composers and jazz musicians...
(Quote) Matthew-928862 said:

I wouldn't mind: "Saint Matthew of______: patron saint of composers and jazz musicians" I might have to leave space at the top since the beatification process takes a while ;)

--hide--

You're only going for beatification?? I'm shooting for canonization, all the way!

Kidding, kidding. :P

No, but seriously, I imagine it will end up being my name and the dates if my family can even afford to bury me. Sheesh. This whole funeral business is so expensive.

Mar 30th 2013 new

I heard about a writer once who had a difficult time writing plots for her stories. She said she'd want her gravestone to read, "Finally, a plot!" I'd be tempted to put that... :)

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you want on your tombstone?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

What do you want on your tombstone?

--hide--

"I'm up here, not down there" cloud

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you want on your Tombstone?Seriously. What epitaph do you want?

--hide--

You only go round once. Do all the good you can, when you can.

Mar 30th 2013 new
Unlike a local politician who has already on his tombstone EVERY elected office he EVER held -- and there are several including U.S. Senator, I think I will keep mine simple-- name and dates. Of course unless I engrave it now, it will be in the hands of those who bury me, so like the saying goes .... Be good to your kids they decide which nursing home to put you in .... HAHA -- LOL. They also take care of the headstone, and may or may not follow my wishes ( unless I meet someone special who happens to outlive me)
Mar 30th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: What do you want on your Tombstone?Seriously. What epitaph do you want?

--hide--
I don't know if I will have a man in my life but if I died tomorrow, I would like "Best Sister, Kind and Caring Mother, Loyal Friend, Angel of God
Mar 30th 2013 new

......is sitting with the Lord Jesus Christ! theheart cloudnine angel Dove Bow

Posts 1 - 10 of 66