Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Profiles

Mar 30th 2013 new

Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what's a man to do.
I wish these frauds would at least learn how to speak english
I will say they do find some pretty women to fillout the profile with.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what's a man to do. I wish these frauds would at...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

--hide--

And what is wrong with contacting the women who post in the Forums pray tell? They are all good Catholic women and not a fake among them..

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Rob-593818 said: Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Rob-593818 said:

And what is wrong with contacting the women who post in the Forums pray tell? They are all good Catholic women and not a fake among them..

--hide--

PS... They are all paid members too.. Just can't figure out what's wrong with you guys ignoring all these incredible women.

Mar 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Alas so many fake profiles so little time, what's a man to do. I wish these frauds would at...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

--hide--

Honest question, Rob...not meant to be argumentative...why do you think there are so many fake profiles? Are you speaking of CM? scratchchin Chelle

Mar 30th 2013 new

I think that you should check out the chat rooms too. I have met many wonderful people both men and women in there. You can really get to know someone during chats. Many of us meet there each night and we are like family. It is just another way to get to know people and not just scanning profiles.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: PS... They are all paid members too.. Just can't figure out what's wrong with...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

PS... They are all paid members too.. Just can't figure out what's wrong with you guys ignoring all these incredible women.

--hide--

Good point, Donna! wink Posting on the forums never did a thing for me. *shrugs* Maybe I should stop and see my luck change? laughing

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Honest question, Rob...not meant to be argumentative...why do you think there are so man...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Honest question, Rob...not meant to be argumentative...why do you think there are so many fake profiles? Are you speaking of CM? Chelle

--hide--
Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, that write their introduction in broken english "Ams looking for sincere and honest mans, to have beautiful family with. This from someone from Indiana or Ohio ect.. Then if you write them a message they immediately want to take the conversation off site to private emails which is the big tip off. So my first message to them is "You ams fake profile turn back to Jesus and quit trying to scam honest people, and wallah the next day I get "this profile no longer available".

So I know managemant is aware of these frauds and they probably can't do anything about it, just wanted to give the fellers a heads up.
(yes I'm bringing back the word "fellers" it's long overdue

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, ...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, that write their introduction in broken english "Ams looking for sincere and honest mans, to have beautiful family with. This from someone from Indiana or Ohio ect.. Then if you write them a message they immediately want to take the conversation off site to private emails which is the big tip off. So my first message to them is "You ams fake profile turn back to Jesus and quit trying to scam honest people, and wallah the next day I get "this profile no longer available".

So I know managemant is aware of these frauds and they probably can't do anything about it, just wanted to give the fellers a heads up.

--hide--

Rob I am sorry you ran across some "fake profiles" but I have to challenge you on two issues.

1. That there is "many fake profiles" on CatholicMatch - When fake profiles in order to try and "scam" people they have to subscribe in order to communicate ans when they do that they 99% of the time are using a stolen credit card and I would say 95% of those are flagged within our system within 48-72 hours. I am not saying they don't get on our site I am saying that when they do few people interact with them before we catch them and remove them.

2. If we ware aware of "fake profiles" on the site we remove them IMMEDIATLY, there is no benefit to having these profiles on our site. While it is true they have become more sophisticated so to has our screening methods. Our security screening check for several different kinds of behavior and rarely does on of these "fake profiles" not trip one of the screens. The kind of profiles that can be hard to detect are the ones that are created and simply abandon. Without activity or credit card usage there less to screen and thus harder to detect but we still screen the profiles.

If you are aware or even suspect a "fake profile" you should send in a ticket to our customer service team we can generally confirm quickly if the account/profile is legit. If it is not then we will remove it. I would put our fake profile screening system up against any online dating website including the big secular sites with huge development teams and millions to spend. Nathan and our customer service team do an incredible job. We believe it is important because we this the experience on CatholicMatch is a differentiator from other sites Catholic or secular.

Also I am moving this to Community Support.

Now I am off to get ready for Easter Mass. A Blessed Easter to everyone!

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Rob-593818 said: Yes many fake profiles on here from overseas scammers with only one or two professional pictures, t...
(Quote) Rob-593818 said:

--hide--
Rob -- not correct. In the instances you cite as personal experiences, have you submitted "Help" tickets to Admin?

It should be apparent that CM can and DOES do something about it. You've seen the results of their actions yourself. How do you think "this profile no longer available" got there?

You can send a message if you wish, but for the safety of others, contact Admin and they will definitely take prompt action.

A little PS --- some of the "fellers" that come to this cite are frauds, too. Scamming attempts are gender neutral.

Mar 31st 2013 new

Ok Brian my apologies. I was more directing my lament at the people behind these frauds and their motavation, then the way the site is run.
You gentleman or "fellers" do an excellant job. I see how my post sounded like I was complaining about the staff here at CM.
God bless and have a Happy Easter.

Posts 1 - 10 of 15