Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Mar 30th 2013 new

Thanks for posting this.

People don't realize how liberating NFP is. No health risks. No worry about "did you do that" or "you were supposed to". You are in it as equal partners.

If a baby comes unexpectedly, you laugh together and say, "God had other plans for us!"

And when one of you dies, the discipline of periodic abstinence was good preparation....

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Thanks for posting this. People don't realize how liberating NFP is. No health risks....
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Thanks for posting this.

People don't realize how liberating NFP is. No health risks. No worry about "did you do that" or "you were supposed to". You are in it as equal partners.

If a baby comes unexpectedly, you laugh together and say, "God had other plans for us!"

And when one of you dies, the discipline of periodic abstinence was good preparation....

--hide--

Whenever I talk about this, the woman is like, Yeah, right, my husband would never go for that.

"Well, that sounds like an awesome, unselfish man that you married" is what I want to say, but I just smile sympathetically.

Mar 31st 2013 new

1. An woman who marries a man who isn't awesomely unselfish is asking for trouble. mischievous

2. Most "nice" men I know find it perplexing that a woman would be willing to mess up her body with chemical birth control.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. An woman who marries a man who isn't awesomely unselfish is asking for trouble. 2....

1. An woman who marries a man who isn't awesomely unselfish is asking for trouble.

2. Most "nice" men I know find it perplexing that a woman would be willing to mess up her body with chemical birth control.

--hide--

That's great, and I'm on your side! I wish I could say that most people I know are on the same page as you, but they're not. It really is a shame. Wives openly discuss their husbands being "snipped," any woman who gets pregnant more than once in about 3 years seems irresponsible, and lately I've heard comments like, "Well, the church isn't raising my children!" It's crazy how much I hear, and they know my viewpoint on it. Imagine if they didn't know how I felt; I think they'd be even more "candid"! Many teen girls openly talk about birth control and brag about being "mature and responsible" for using it. It really is another world. I've also heard women tell me "good luck" in finding a guy who won't "make" me use birth control. I just smile and say I know men like this. Ignorance is bliss, right?

Mar 31st 2013 new

Kinda ironic. I sent this exact same clip to a guy I dated when I realized his "yes" to accepting the church's teaching on contraception wasn't really a "yes". I was in awe of this couple reversing the vasectomy and becoming NFP instructors; I also thought it was awesome how they practiced NFP while the husband was still sterile just to practice self-control for when he would have the vasectomy reversed. Total love. biggrin

Mar 31st 2013 new

My former spouse and I practiced NFP exclusively and were blessed with 4 children here on earth and 2 in heaven. All were conceived during the first 6 years of our marriage. He was very supportive of NFP and even subscribed to the Couple to Couple League organization. Unfortunately, while I was pregnant with our youngest child, his mother had a "fit" about us having yet ANOTHER child (she had 4 children herself). She even suggested to him that I have an abortion (she is a survivor of an attempted abortion by her mother before abortion was legal). Her mother (my former spouse's grandmother) wrote me a letter, telling me about how she attempted to abort my mother-in-law. To appease his mother, my former spouse had a vasectomy. His choice took away so much from me; I was only 30 years old and unable to conceive more children because my former spouse played "GOD". Our life as a couple was never the same again; he no longer respected me as his wife, I was nothing more than a sex object to him. And the rest is history. Divorce rate amongst couples that practice NFP is practically nonexistant so if you want a sure fire way to remain married, practice NFP, exclusively.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. An woman who marries a man who isn't awesomely unselfish is asking for trouble. 2....

1. An woman who marries a man who isn't awesomely unselfish is asking for trouble.

--hide--

I can believe that. I have a hard time thinking that a man who loves a woman & knows all the risk the birth control pill entails is going to encourage her to take it and lead her to cervical cancer. rolling eyes

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: My former spouse and I practiced NFP exclusively and were blessed with 4 children here on earth an...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

My former spouse and I practiced NFP exclusively and were blessed with 4 children here on earth and 2 in heaven. All were conceived during the first 6 years of our marriage. He was very supportive of NFP and even subscribed to the Couple to Couple League organization. Unfortunately, while I was pregnant with our youngest child, his mother had a "fit" about us having yet ANOTHER child (she had 4 children herself). She even suggested to him that I have an abortion (she is a survivor of an attempted abortion by her mother before abortion was legal). Her mother (my former spouse's grandmother) wrote me a letter, telling me about how she attempted to abort my mother-in-law. To appease his mother, my former spouse had a vasectomy. His choice took away so much from me; I was only 30 years old and unable to conceive more children because my former spouse played "GOD". Our life as a couple was never the same again; he no longer respected me as his wife, I was nothing more than a sex object to him. And the rest is history. Divorce rate amongst couples that practice NFP is practically nonexistant so if you want a sure fire way to remain married, practice NFP, exclusively.

--hide--

Joan, thank you so much for your testimony, flower I truly appreciate it and I wish more people like you spoke about all the consequences it has on a couple. I was surprised to see how easy it is to get it (a vasectomy), it is as if the governments encourage it and how hard it is to get it reversed. I am sure your testimoney is going to help a lot of people. hug Praying

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: My former spouse and I practiced NFP exclusively and were blessed with 4 children here on earth an...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

--hide--

HEARTBREAKING. sad

I think a lot of it has to do with being unselfish. If you're already being unselfish by using NFP, then you're probably being unselfish in other matters. You treat sex as a gift, not as something owed to you. I think you just view everything differently. I have read forums on Catholic.com by people who think NFP has ruined their marriage, but since "less than 5%" is the divorce rate for NFP couples, the proof is in the pudding.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13