Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

"VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has won over many hearts and minds with his simple style and focus on serving the world's poorest, but he has devastated traditionalist Catholics who adored his predecessor, Benedict XVI, for restoring much of the traditional pomp to the papacy.

Francis' decision to disregard church law and wash the feet of two girls — a Serbian Muslim and an Italian Catholic — during a Holy Thursday ritual has become something of the final straw, evidence that Francis has little or no interest in one of the key priorities of Benedict's papacy: reviving the pre-Vatican II traditions of the Catholic Church."

www.wfaa.com

Mar 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: "VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has won over many hearts and minds with his simple style and focus...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

"VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has won over many hearts and minds with his simple style and focus on serving the world's poorest, but he has devastated traditionalist Catholics who adored his predecessor, Benedict XVI, for restoring much of the traditional pomp to the papacy.

Francis' decision to disregard church law and wash the feet of two girls — a Serbian Muslim and an Italian Catholic — during a Holy Thursday ritual has become something of the final straw, evidence that Francis has little or no interest in one of the key priorities of Benedict's papacy: reviving the pre-Vatican II traditions of the Catholic Church."

www.wfaa.com

--hide--

If Pope Francis is following Jesus, then that is who you will see.
Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: If Pope Francis is following Jesus, then that is who you will see.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

--hide--
I'm with you, Cindy. theheart

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: If Pope Francis is following Jesus, then that ...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I'm with you, Cindy.

--hide--

I am with you and Cindy.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: If Pope Francis is following Jesus, then that is who you will see.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

--hide--

Amen!

Lk. 10:16
Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

Mar 31st 2013 new

I lean a lot more towards the Traditional elements of the faith, and I can be far from "moderate", certainly not liberal.

But these shenanigans? Seesh!! He washed the feet of a few girls, if that's what counts as "scandal" in our Church presently, some people have their blinkers on to some larger problems.

How about we clean out those paedophiles and homosexual clergy before we start pointing fingers at human beings who wear their reproductive organs on the inside getting their tootsies washed.

There's doctrine and there's Tradtion and then there's stupidity. The Law is meant to serve mankind, not marginalise portions of it.

This whole thing is assinine.

Mar 31st 2013 new

".....recalling the dream of St. John Bosco who foresaw our times, we know that those who remain in the barque of Peter with the Eucharistic and Marian Pope will be secure, whereas as those who act independently, even if on the winning side, risk being swamped. This may apply to men of good will in other religions, but it probably also applies to those in the Church who do not fully embrace the teaching and discipline of the Roman Pontiff, but want instead to decide for themselves the direction of the Church (i.e. be their own pilot). They do so at their own risk."

www.ewtn.com

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I lean a lot more towards the Traditional elements of the faith, and I can be far from "mode...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I lean a lot more towards the Traditional elements of the faith, and I can be far from "moderate", certainly not liberal.

But these shenanigans? Seesh!! He washed the feet of a few girls, if that's what counts as "scandal" in our Church presently, some people have their blinkers on to some larger problems.

How about we clean out those damn paedophiles and homosexual clergy before we start pointing fingers at human beings who wear their reproductive organs on the inside getting their tootsies washed.

There's doctrine and there's Tradtion and then there's stupidity. The Law is meant to serve mankind, not marginalise portions of it.

--hide--

If only more people of any age demonstrated the wisdom you display, not only would the Church be better off, but society as a whole as well.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: If Pope Francis is following Jesus, then t...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Amen!

Lk. 10:16
Whoever listens to you listens to me. Whoever rejects you rejects me. And whoever rejects me rejects the one who sent me."

--hide--

I absolutely agree with Cindy. I beleive Pope Francis is doing a beautiful job so far. We can only wait and see where and how he will humble us in his actions next. He is doing as Christ did. His words on how much poverty and hunger there is in the world and asking his supporters in Argentina to stay home. Use their monentary funds for traveling to Rome to go to places that truly need help, is remarkable.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I lean a lot more towards the Traditional elements of the faith, and I can be far from "mode...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

How about we clean out those damn paedophiles and homosexual clergy before we start pointing fingers at human beings who wear their reproductive organs on the inside getting their tootsies washed.

--hide--

Right on, Naomi!! You take the words right out of my mouth, from half-way around the globe.

Posts 1 - 10 of 78