Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: but women need at least six. www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why.

--hide--
As many things as grandmas know, I think yours wasn't quite on target with this belief. While there may be strong feelings and attraction, a person needs time to really get to know another, especially if it involves a lifelong commitment. Wanting to mess around? There might be some truth in that, but I think most men (not including boys here) will respect a woman and help keep her virtue intact. There are exceptions, of course.

Mar 31st 2013 new
(Quote) Sol-496426 said: but women need at least six. www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why.

--hide--

Yes. I agree, although it seems to be antiquated to express that during dating in this day and age.

Many married men I know say " I knew she was the one when I saw her" or "I Knew on our first date".
Mar 31st 2013 new

The love sick feeling on average goes away after two years (First chapters of the book I mentioned show a study about it) Its not bad to be love sick but not everything. I don't talk about marriage right away because I believe in discernment using faith and reason. Reason to me should be longer than 5 dates.. Just my thought :)

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) John-917143 said:.....in general men do move a lot faster than women. Haha.
(Quote) John-917143 said:.....in general men do move a lot faster than women. Haha.
--hide--
"Haha" is right. I'll believe it when I see it. irked

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Hmm...how interesting. Perhaps this is why the man most often does the woeing and the winning? He...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Hmm...how interesting. Perhaps this is why the man most often does the woeing and the winning? He's got to work for the prize.

--hide--
They do?

Mar 31st 2013 new

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Discernment takes time. I've been on plenty of first dates (and my intention was certainly NOT to "mess around"), and I can tell you from experience that this is patently not true.

Mar 31st 2013 new

I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former husband definitely pursued me and was "LUSTstruck" but he didn't have the capability to "love" as St. Thomas Aquinas defines love ("to will the good of the other in every instance"). LOVE is a committment, LOVE is a process, LOVE is NOT a feeling; LUST is a feeling.

NO wonder the divorce rate is so high and continuing to climb.......the world is filled with a bunch of lust-filled men who do not know how to love.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) James-870182 said: I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Discernment takes time. I've been on plenty of...
(Quote) James-870182 said:

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous. Discernment takes time. I've been on plenty of first dates (and my intention was certainly NOT to "mess around"), and I can tell you from experience that this is patently not true.

--hide--

Hello James, in my opinion, you have been in plenty of first dates and you have realised she was not the one for you, and that is a valid point, that is why it did not progress. If you are into a girl I am not saying you go to mess around, I just mean you are not that into that girl, otherwise you would have continue seeing her (as long as she also wants, of course). When a man knows she has found a one, he lets you know inmediately. It is obvious. If he continues looking, you can certainly know you are not that into him, so you better not focus on him. When men are interested in one particular woman they let her know. Of course, some relationships come after a friendship with that person, that is another story. Many times, the man knows before the woman, as you can see in many success stories that women after the 3rd date werent sure at all of continue dating.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former hu...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former husband definitely pursued me and was "LUSTstruck" but he didn't have the capability to "love" as St. Thomas Aquinas defines love ("to will the good of the other in every instance"). LOVE is a committment, LOVE is a process, LOVE is NOT a feeling; LUST is a feeling.

NO wonder the divorce rate is so high and continuing to climb.......the world is filled with a bunch of lust-filled men who do not know how to love.

--hide--

Yes, this article focus on lust , it is very secular, but for me what caught the attention was the title and the fact that it can also be applied when men are serious about finding a woman to marry.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Quote) John-917143 said:.....in general men do move a lot faster than women. Hah...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Quote:
John-917143 said:.....in general men do move a lot faster than women. Haha.

"Haha" is right. I'll believe it when I see it.

--hide--

Yes, they do, when they have found the deal.

Posts 11 - 20 of 49