Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Prayers for mentally ill

Apr 1st 2013 new

Hi everyone,

Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross, and also know many others who do. You would be surprised how many people struggle with this without you noticing it. But I wanted to ask all of you to pray for those who bear this cross, that Christ gives them all the grace to offer up their sufferings for the salvation of souls. I also encourage asking the intercession of St. Dymphna, patron of mentally ill and family harmony and other nervous diseases.

Personally for myself, please pray that those helping me:psychiatrist, psychologist, spiritual director; help me to make the most of the gifts I have been given. I also need prayers for a good solid spiritual director. But pray for everyone affected by mental illness, because you will most likely be praying for everyone, considering that if you are mentally healthy, you still know people who have mental illness. Pray for acceptance and charity of all people.

God bless you all,
Joshua

Apr 1st 2013 new

Jesus, we trust in You... Praying rosary theheart

Apr 1st 2013 new

Hi Joshua-St. Dymphna please pray for those with mental illness and those who help them---Most Compassionate Merciful Jesus touch those with mental illness with Your healing tender touch-by the power of the Cross and Resurrection set each free--thank You ------theheart rosary

Apr 1st 2013 new

Joshua,

As you know you are not alone. I have someone very close in my life who carries the same cross. It's been a difficult road, but after 8 years of different doctors, different but incorrect diagnoses, and many many different medications, we might actually be seeing light at the end of the tunnel. At times it's been difficult to help carry the cross with him because sometimes it was hard for anything spiritual to get through the darkness to reach him. Getting good spiritual direction by someone who understands is important and hard to find. But luckily we have a parish priest who has struggled with his own related cross and it's been his guidance that has been essential.

St. Dymphna prayers are offered daily by me to all struggling and I will include you by name now. Praying rosary Praying

Apr 1st 2013 new

Praying

Apr 1st 2013 new

rosary Praying rosary

Apr 1st 2013 new

Praying

Apr 1st 2013 new

Praying Hang in there Joshua, there is hope!

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Joshua-957650 said: Hi everyone,Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself ha...
(Quote) Joshua-957650 said:

Hi everyone,

Please pray for all who suffer and struggle with mental illness. I myself have this cross, and also know many others who do. You would be surprised how many people struggle with this without you noticing it. But I wanted to ask all of you to pray for those who bear this cross, that Christ gives them all the grace to offer up their sufferings for the salvation of souls. I also encourage asking the intercession of St. Dymphna, patron of mentally ill and family harmony and other nervous diseases.

Personally for myself, please pray that those helping me:psychiatrist, psychologist, spiritual director; help me to make the most of the gifts I have been given. I also need prayers for a good solid spiritual director. But pray for everyone affected by mental illness, because you will most likely be praying for everyone, considering that if you are mentally healthy, you still know people who have mental illness. Pray for acceptance and charity of all people.

God bless you all,
Joshua

--hide--

Praying for you and all those so afflicted- I pray you will be able to feel better! Dove Sunrise

Apr 1st 2013 new

Joshua~~you are not alone at all! There is mental illness and afflictions in every single family. There are statistics for those that want to research. Most people won't admit to it or just don't know it yet. That distant uncle that was always a little different or that cousin that is a little cooky, or maybe a sister that is quiet. It is all there. Anyway there are some programs you can get in touch with your mental health board in your area. Some doctors forget this part of the plan for you. Also, your family members can join a family class and this is abundant information. They can also go to the website NAMI and read more. You may already be aware of all of this. There are not enough programs or attention put on the menatlly ill that should be. There are many more prayers needed. And understanding of society is much more needed. My prayers go out to you! St. Dymphna pray for us. Remember...you have more intelligence than most, more mentally ill patients have intelligence abundantly. Maybe there is comfort in that for you. Take care, Jane Praying rosary theheart hug

Posts 1 - 10 of 39