Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Last night I was in mass and noticed two little girls who were wearing black floral print dresses. I feel sad because so many persons think black is a color and seem to think it is wearable on Easter Sunday. Some adults and their mom was wearing black in her ourtfit too.

These children will never know the beautiful dresses we girls grew up wearing that were made of beautiful fabrics and that have colors like light yellow, light blue, pink chiffon, and other beautiful linens and so on. OK maybe theyr will, but not like some of us from an earlier time did.

I can't believe how black is in so many boldly colored outfits and seems to be fashionable for many people. I will always love ditsy prints(small florals) and pastels in spring. I wore a light yellow top with a light pastel paisley skirt. I did nto buy it for the easter holiday, I already had it but I just wish some of the most feminine clothes would make a full comeback. I know some are trying to return. You get a Gold Star!

There is a lot more feminine dresses that are back, now that I think about it- but I can't wrap my mind around dressing a child in black, even if there are flowers on the fabric.

Apr 1st 2013 new

I would've simply been ecstatic that they were wearing dresses...and floral print dresses at that!

It was chilly here yesterday, so my girls were in darker colors--but their fanciest dresses for the weather. I even got my 12 year old tomboy to do her hair! eyepopping

Apr 1st 2013 new

I dunno why the preference against the colour black during spring-time. I wear black almost all year round and find it a very pleasant colour. While I can understand that some people associate pastel or bright colour with the vernal season renewal, I don't think that should make us sad if someone prefers not to wear those colours in favour of the darker ones, namely black. Besides...my colouring doesn't look good in pastel... laughing

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: I would've simply been ecstatic that they were wearing dresses...and floral print dresses at...
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

I would've simply been ecstatic that they were wearing dresses...and floral print dresses at that!

It was chilly here yesterday, so my girls were in darker colors--but their fanciest dresses for the weather. I even got my 12 year old tomboy to do her hair!

--hide--

I agree and understand. I was trying to imagine how as a 4 year old it would have affected me to wear that print with the back groud in black. That was how I managed to get it onto a personal level. Otherwise they looked very cute. Gils are wearing black all of the time now. I don't take notice but thought about how it was when I was yong in ANCIENT TIMES where we wore beautiful shades like yellow. I was blessed to have some beautiful yellow and pastel dresses. In 8th grade I had a VERY awesome yellow dress that was very flattering. I still have it. I just have great memories of wearing pretty pastels.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I dunno why the preference against the colour black during spring-time. I wear black almost all...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

I dunno why the preference against the colour black during spring-time. I wear black almost all year round and find it a very pleasant colour. While I can understand that some people associate pastel or bright colour with the vernal season renewal, I don't think that should make us sad if someone prefers not to wear those colours in favour of the darker ones, namely black. Besides...my colouring doesn't look good in pastel...

--hide--

I am very sensitive to light, color and how it is used visually (and psychologically how it may affect persons) since I am an artist. I look forward to being able to use it more in teaching art again soon. I just love teaching it... and loved it last summer.

Apr 1st 2013 new

I have no fashion sense. None. I only ever wear black, and the only colour in my outfits is usually the prints on my teeshirts - all bar one are Transformers related [the bar one is a zombie one ^__^]

I know the basics, don't mix primary colours, don't wear different prints top and bottom, don't mix horizontal and vertical lines, don't wear tights as pants, don't wear socks with sandals.

Plus, its hard to find good, modest clothing in my size. I mean, who thinks an outfit that looks great at size 10 would translate well to someone who's a size 26. [I'm not that big, I'm just using as an example, because that seems to be the trend, at least down here, common splice.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Personally I'm just happy the children were in Church, and don't think the color of their dresses should be the focus. There's enough peer pressure in society/school without adults critiquing their clothes. Just my humble opinion.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Personally I'm just happy the children were in Church, and don't think the color of their...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Personally I'm just happy the children were in Church, and don't think the color of their dresses should be the focus. There's enough peer pressure in society/school without adults critiquing their clothes. Just my humble opinion.

--hide--

UM.. I am sorry but I specifically was not directing this at the children but back at myself wondering what I might have thought had I been wearing black at church as a child. That is ok. Of course it was wonderful to see all the children there and I did not care about how they were behaving either. I WAS happy they were there. I think you missed my particular point, OH Well.

Apr 1st 2013 new

Little kids should never be dressed in black, IMHO.

I think there is nothing cuter than sweet little girls in flowery pastel dresses at Mass on Easter!

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Little kids should never be dressed in black, IMHO. I think there is nothing cuter than sweet ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Little kids should never be dressed in black, IMHO.

I think there is nothing cuter than sweet little girls in flowery pastel dresses at Mass on Easter!

--hide--

That was one of my points. Thank you. I love when they are all in pastels and we even used to wear hats!

Posts 1 - 10 of 104