Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Okay. Per CM request I sign on now using my favorites, rather than a sponsored link. Didn't mind doing that, but how much longer do I have to go through the instructions asking me to do that before I can get into CM?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Okay. Per CM request I sign on now using my favorites, rather than a sponsored link. Didn't...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Okay. Per CM request I sign on now using my favorites, rather than a sponsored link. Didn't mind doing that, but how much longer do I have to go through the instructions asking me to do that before I can get into CM?

--hide--

The reason existing members shouldn't use a sponsored link to fign in to CM is that each click on the link cost CM money.

I'm not sure what instructions you are referring to, but I suspect perhaps you may have saved saved the favorite when you were on the login page after clicking on a sponsored link. Save the URL below, logout of CM, paste the URL in your browser, and see if it makes a difference. If this one works OK, save it in your favorites and delete the old one.

www.catholicmatch.com

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The reason existing members shouldn't use a sponsored link to fign in to CM is that each click on the...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: The reason existing members shouldn't use a sponsored link to fign in to CM is that each click on the link cost CM money.

I'm not sure what instructions you are referring to, but I suspect perhaps you may have saved saved the favorite when you were on the login page after clicking on a sponsored link. Save the URL below, logout of CM, paste the URL in your browser, and see if it makes a difference. If this one works OK, save it in your favorites and delete the old one.

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Thanks. Hadn't thought about that. I was just getting frustrated because I tried to do as asked - but still getting that screen before I can log in.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

At the risk of sounding stupid (I know I'm ignorant), what is a sponsored link?

I just type http://www. c______m_____.com into the search bar on my browser. eyebrow

Apr 3rd 2013 new

I often have 3 windows up and operating at the same time. So typically, I will type in catholcmatch into a Google window to bring me to the site. I guess a link I was using to get in here was a sponsor link - and so I started getting this page upon entering asking me to put Catholicmatch into a favorite link, whatever, so as not to use a sponsored link that cost them more money. I did that - but am still getting the screen asking me to not use a sponsor link before I get into the site. The sponsor links are what you see if you type Catholicmatch into the Google screen - the list of links into the site.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I often have 3 windows up and operating at the same time. So typically, I will type in catholcm...

I often have 3 windows up and operating at the same time. So typically, I will type in catholcmatch into a Google window to bring me to the site. I guess a link I was using to get in here was a sponsor link - and so I started getting this page upon entering asking me to put Catholicmatch into a favorite link, whatever, so as not to use a sponsored link that cost them more money. I did that - but am still getting the screen asking me to not use a sponsor link before I get into the site. The sponsor links are what you see if you type Catholicmatch into the Google screen - the list of links into the site.

--hide--

I use Chrome and it takes a screenshot of the site so all I do is click on the picture of the site.. I have 8 sites I visit daily and it's really convenient to have that shortcut.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: I often have 3 windows up and operating at the same time. So typically, I will type in catholcm...

--hide--

I beat you.. I have 7 windows open right now.. laughing

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I beat you.. I have 7 windows open right now..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I beat you.. I have 7 windows open right now..
--hide--

Hey, I get it!. Actually I flit in and out of here all day while I'm working. I allow myself like a little 5 minute break every hour or so to relieve the tedium. I have Chrome, too, but I can't operate in the county and parish courthouse and taxing sites with Chrome. Jerry's suggestion was good, and I'm still trying to make it work - just not cooperating somehow.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: www.catholicmatch.com
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Hey, Jerry - I've been putzing with this thing all afternoon. I still can't get it to work. Come down here and fix it for me, will you?

Apr 6th 2013 new

I got it to work when I used a link from a message to my email that I had an email!

Posts 1 - 10 of 10