Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I have no fashion sense. None. I only ever wear black, and the only colour in my outfits is usual...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I have no fashion sense. None. I only ever wear black, and the only colour in my outfits is usually the prints on my teeshirts - all bar one are Transformers related [the bar one is a zombie one ^__^]

I know the basics, don't mix primary colours, don't wear different prints top and bottom, don't mix horizontal and vertical lines, don't wear tights as pants, don't wear socks with sandals.

Plus, its hard to find good, modest clothing in my size. I mean, who thinks an outfit that looks great at size 10 would translate well to someone who's a size 26. [I'm not that big, I'm just using as an example, because that seems to be the trend, at least down here, common splice.

--hide--

This year there is a really strange thing happening where there are mixed prints in some outfits. I do not get how to do it and I would nto try but some places are showing it as a statement.

Apr 1st 2013 new

This is how little girls should look on Easter (IMHO)

www.catholicmatch.com

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: This is how little girls should look on Easter (IMHO) www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

This is how little girls should look on Easter (IMHO)

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

YES. And I know those little girls. I had a dress or two like those!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

I bought my granddaughter the cutest pink floral dress and pink mary-janes to match for Easter I am just sorry I wasn't there to see her in it. This was the first Easter I missed being with her. I had a hard time finding a dress I liked. She is only 5, but she is tall and wears a larger size. It was so hard finding something age appropriate, but I finally found one on line at Macy's. I remember too I was always dressed in pretty pastels, but the new generation is not all into that. There were not too many really dressed up yesterday. I am always amazed at the people who wear jeans to church. Maybe I am old school, but I just can't wear jeans to church.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I bought my granddaughter the cutest pink floral dress and pink mary-janes to match for Easter I...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

I bought my granddaughter the cutest pink floral dress and pink mary-janes to match for Easter I am just sorry I wasn't there to see her in it. This was the first Easter I missed being with her. I had a hard time finding a dress I liked. She is only 5, but she is tall and wears a larger size. It was so hard finding something age appropriate, but I finally found one on line at Macy's. I remember too I was always dressed in pretty pastels, but the new generation is not all into that. There were not too many really dressed up yesterday. I am always amazed at the people who wear jeans to church. Maybe I am old school, but I just can't wear jeans to church.

--hide--

Thank you for sharing and I only wear jeans when I don't feel very well, I ususally try to wear a dress or skirt to mass for Jesus. YES you remember when we wore pastels! What speciric memories do you have? I had an awesome hat that I hope still exists in my moms closet, but I don't know if it does.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: That was one of my points. Thank you. I love when they are all in pastels and we even use...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

That was one of my points. Thank you. I love when they are all in pastels and we even used to wear hats!

--hide--

Did you also have little white gloves and a tiny cute purse with the hat and pastel dress? What nice memories!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: That was one of my points. Thank you....
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

That was one of my points. Thank you. I love when they are all in pastels and we even used to wear hats!

Did you also have little white gloves and a tiny cute purse with the hat and pastel dress? What nice memories!

--hide--

For holy Communion I did have gloves and had a veil. Later I had a lovely white hat with pink roses on it and I still think it is the most beautiful hat. What about you? Do you have any of these memories? THIS is why I can't imagine wearing black.... ashamed

I also chose to wear short ivory gloves to my senior prom!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

Two dresses stand out in my memory one was a pale yellow dotted swiss and the other pink rose floral with a pink satin belt. I never cared much for hats, but I wore gloves a lot. I do remember having this one dress and I had a pill-box hat to match. For as far back as I can remember I have always been a clothes horse.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: ... one was a pale yellow dotted swiss ...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

... one was a pale yellow dotted swiss ...

--hide--

Is a swiss dresss one with holes in it ? smile

Apr 2nd 2013 new

no it is material with little white dots on it I don't think they even make it any more

Posts 11 - 20 of 104