Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/02/2013 new

The link says the average woman falls in love only once - intresting.

Was just playing Roy Orbison's "A Love So Beautful" and noted this comment ....

"I remember a special boy from the early 50's when I was young and so very in love. It never came to pass that we would be together and I have always regretted it. My very first love and it, I know now, was the only true love I would ever have. Now in very old age, I can, at least remember him as 21 years old and not 78, which would be his age today. Memories can be nostalgic and sad, but also very beautiful."

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: The link says the average woman falls in love only once - intresting. Was just playing Roy Or...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

The link says the average woman falls in love only once - intresting.

Was just playing Roy Orbison's "A Love So Beautful" and noted this comment ....

"I remember a special boy from the early 50's when I was young and so very in love. It never came to pass that we would be together and I have always regretted it. My very first love and it, I know now, was the only true love I would ever have. Now in very old age, I can, at least remember him as 21 years old and not 78, which would be his age today. Memories can be nostalgic and sad, but also very beautiful."

--hide--

I do believe that this is why most women do not remarry after divorce or the death of a spouse, whereas most men do. I know that I never loved anyone other than my former spouse and he said that he never loved anyone other than me. HOwever when he sold his soul to the Devil he suddenly "fell in love" (lust) with every woman he met; true story.

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former hu...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I would call it the "LUSTstruck male" not the "LOVEstruck male"!! My former husband definitely pursued me and was "LUSTstruck" but he didn't have the capability to "love" as St. Thomas Aquinas defines love ("to will the good of the other in every instance"). LOVE is a committment, LOVE is a process, LOVE is NOT a feeling; LUST is a feeling.

NO wonder the divorce rate is so high and continuing to climb.......the world is filled with a bunch of lust-filled men who do not know how to love.

--hide--
Hey,take it easy! eyebrow laughing

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I do believe that this is why most women do not remarry after divorce or the death of...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

I do believe that this is why most women do not remarry after divorce or the death of a spouse, whereas most men do. I know that I never loved anyone other than my former spouse and he said that he never loved anyone other than me. HOwever when he sold his soul to the Devil he suddenly "fell in love" (lust) with every woman he met; true story.

--hide--

Is that why my attempts to talk w/ my first and possibly only love (when I was 27 and she 21) .... why she has not communicated w/ me? I think I was her first true love, and I know she married another not long after we broke-up. I do not know her current marital status, but I believe she would still love me - we had such a wonderful Christian Chaste Courtship.

I'm NOT trying to re-establish our romantic relationship, but would like to communicate w/ her.

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I have found, over the years, that there have been several people with whom I had that "I ju...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I have found, over the years, that there have been several people with whom I had that "I just knew" feeling. But it merely means that you will have a significant effect on that person's life, or that he/she will have a significant effect on yours.

"Love at first sight" it is not.

--hide--

This TOTALLY makes sense to me. I think I can move past previous disappointments because of this epiphany. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! heart

04/04/2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Wow. Lately, I keep hearing people say, "I just knew when I met him/her." I just find th...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Wow. Lately, I keep hearing people say, "I just knew when I met him/her." I just find that interesting.

--hide--

Tara, it does happen! I remember very fondly the first date wtih my late-wife, in a word AMAZING! I knew before the date ended that she was someone special, and someone I wanted to spend a lot of time with. Did I know I was going to marry her, No, I wouldn't go that far. I do remember that I was 100% more worried about the 2nd date then the 1st because the 1st went so well. Anyway, the 2nd went even better ... and we eventually got married. I took 2 years before I proposed but I was waiting for the perfect moment.

04/04/2013 new

Does any woman on here just want to get married to me right now? Someone? Anyone? lol.

04/05/2013 new

Wow! Too bad your so young! lol.

Love at first sight---online?? I don't think that's how it works!

04/05/2013 new

(Quote) Sol-496426 said: but women need at least six. www.dailymail.co.uk.
(Quote) Sol-496426 said:

but women need at least six.

www.dailymail.co.uk

My grandma used to say if a man has not talked about marriage within 5 dates, he wants to mess around. I can see why.

--hide--

I think that your grandma is giving you good advice smile

04/05/2013 new

My husband always said he knew right from the first time he met me. Unfortunately, the first time I met him I thought he was a real sleaze. He tried to take me out a couple of times but I always had some nonsense excuse why I could not go. He would just say, "OK, maybe next time." I would think, "not in this lifetime."

Three years later, I moved 2 counties away (75 miles) to the 'country'. I went to the store early one morning and this man came running up to me, saying, "Don't I know you?" It was him! He was living in a house one street over from where I had bought a house!

I did not see him again for 3 months and one morning (6:45) I took a ride down his street and he was standing in the driveway looking up at the sky scratching his head. I stopped and he said he just had the craziest and strongest feeling to come outside. Go figure! We were together 21 years until he passed.

Posts 31 - 40 of 49