Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Cable TV's "The Bible"

Mar 31st 2013 new

Under the category of "entertainment," have any of you been watching the series on The History (Cable) Channel? I have, and have found it to be quite good ... what do you think?

A very blessed and Happy Easter to you all!

hug rose Sunrise

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Under the category of "entertainment," have any of you been watching the series on T...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Under the category of "entertainment," have any of you been watching the series on The History (Cable) Channel? I have, and have found it to be quite good ... what do you think?

A very blessed and Happy Easter to you all!

--hide--

bump!

Apr 2nd 2013 new

I just saw the crucifixion and resurrection. It was handled well, I thought.

Roma Downey from (Touched by An Angel) looks like she's been Touched By a Plastic Surgeon! Not so natural looking any more. boggled

Apr 2nd 2013 new

I was very hopeful about the series, but I became quite turned off by the violence. I certainly am aware that this violence did take place, but perhaps it could have been depicted somewhat differently.

I tend to be very picayunish about details & quite often as I watched a scene, I wondered, "Did it really happen that way?" & had to reference my Bible to check accuracy. This kind of set me off the series--but that's only my personal opinion. Most of my friends really liked the series.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4