Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

I recently became an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist as we have great need in our parish and not enough willing. So -- I always dress modestly in my best dresses, usually longer than just to the knee, especially when I am to be EMHE. But the problem is, as I'm up there giving Jesus to everyone, I feel like God's Love for them is pouring through me and I feel so tender and loving to each soul as they come forward and I know I get an 'in love' sort of look on my face too. And -- some of the men seem to get the wrong idea! and take it personally, like I'm, you know, personally interested in them. In fact, even Easter Vigil I was again winked at! It's very unsettling! I can't seem to control these feelings of intense love or the expression on my face. I have a good friend who also has this happen to her. All I can figure is that I have to no longer serve in this way! Any other ideas??

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I recently became an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist as we have great need in our p...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I recently became an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist as we have great need in our parish and not enough willing. So -- I always dress modestly in my best dresses, usually longer than just to the knee, especially when I am to be EMHE. But the problem is, as I'm up there giving Jesus to everyone, I feel like God's Love for them is pouring through me and I feel so tender and loving to each soul as they come forward and I know I get an 'in love' sort of look on my face too. And -- some of the men seem to get the wrong idea! and take it personally, like I'm, you know, personally interested in them. In fact, even Easter Vigil I was again winked at! It's very unsettling! I can't seem to control these feelings of intense love or the expression on my face. I have a good friend who also has this happen to her. All I can figure is that I have to no longer serve in this way! Any other ideas??

--hide--

Some of us have had to learn to tone down our expressive personalities for the same or similar reasons. Try to picture yourself toning it down and see if you can do it that...way....

Apr 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I recently became an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist as we have great need in our p...

--hide--

Maybe it means you will meet someone from there soon... wink and you will leave us here... sorry

Apr 3rd 2013 new

--hide--
You could focus your eyes on the Chalice I suppose, or think about your income taxes. I'll bet you and Marian have the longest lines in your Churches! theheart

Jun 6th 2013 new
If Christ's love for humanity is flowing through you to His needy flock, let it. You are guilty of nothing. The receiver of God's most precious gift through you has to take a long hard look at Whom he/she is receiving. Many people are ignorant, uncaring or unworthy due to grave sin in their lives (not judging bit I know it happens.)

Let His love flow. Pray for them. We need your hearts.
Jun 6th 2013 new
Rachel,
I can understand part of how you feel.
I used to be an Eucharistic Minister in my old church and when I held the body or the Chalice with the blood of Christ, my entire being filled with love and awe and that to me is our mission.
I did not have anyone wink at me, perhaps because I am older and perhaps because at that stage I was married.
I would pray for those who wink at you - continue to keep your eyes focused on Jesus and continue to be his vehicle of love. You may never know the impact of your love reaching out to others.
God Bless you
Jun 6th 2013 new
Maybe they are not winking for flirtatious reasons, maybe it's their way of acknowledging you. Maybe they want you to know they see your Christlike love. I know when I go up to receive, I'm grinning like a Cheshire cat. My parish priest is solemn and reverent, but when I come up he grins too. It is like a silent acknowledgment of both of our joy. It has nothing to do with us, but everything to do with Our Lord. I know Him (Jesus) and He knows me. To receive Him in such a vulnerable state is a joy. I am sure a few EM's have been taken aback.

If it really bothers you, just keep your eyes focused on Jesus. He'll work out the details.

On a separate note, we had a new EM at my former parish and he didn't take his station properly, it created a "traffic" mess so to speak, I tried to discreetly get him to step back into the appropriate area, but he looked at me like I was crazy. I don't think he ever figured it out, it was a Mass I rarely attended and I never saw him again.
Jun 6th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I recently became an Extraordinary Minister of the Holy Eucharist as we have great need in our parish and not enough willing. So -- I always dress modestly in my best dresses, usually longer than just to the knee, especially when I am to be EMHE. But the problem is, as I'm up there giving Jesus to everyone, I feel like God's Love for them is pouring through me and I feel so tender and loving to each soul as they come forward and I know I get an 'in love' sort of look on my face too. And -- some of the men seem to get the wrong idea! and take it personally, like I'm, you know, personally interested in them. In fact, even Easter Vigil I was again winked at! It's very unsettling! I can't seem to control these feelings of intense love or the expression on my face. I have a good friend who also has this happen to her. All I can figure is that I have to no longer serve in this way! Any other ideas??
Tell your priest about this and ask him for advice. I don't think this would necessarily be a reason to quit what you're doing--neither the EM'ing nor the loving looks--unless your priest advised doing one or the other. Years ago, I was inspired to be Love for people in a way I had never been before, so I try to be conscious of that as I greet people, having that Love manifest in my facial expression. The man I last dated said that one of the things he loved or appreciated about me was the loving look I had in my eyes for him. I don't know whether I did right or wrong by biting my tongue when I wanted to say, "But that's how I look at everyone." It makes no sense to advise, "BE loving but just don't LOOK it." There must have been times when women, seeing Jesus' Loving expression, started to wonder romantic things...but I doubt that would have stopped Jesus from looking Lovingly at them and others. The error was on the other person, not the Looker.
Jun 6th 2013 new
Don/t blame your self too much, a smile is always good, but those receiving communion should be focused on what they are receiving and not the one giving them communion.
Jun 6th 2013 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: Maybe they are not winking for flirtatious reasons, 
Maybe they all had something stuck in their eyes. laughing
Posts 1 - 10 of 18