Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

03/22/2013 new

(Quote) Christy-661564 said: At the top of the Matches page, the following paragraph appears:Our new matching system ge...
(Quote) Christy-661564 said: At the top of the Matches page, the following paragraph appears:

Our new matching system generates matches for you by comparing the results of your Match Portrait with those of other members. The Match Portrait test was developed specifically for CatholicMatch with the help of Catholic psychiatrist and counselor Dr. Mark Frederick. In addition to the match portrait, we use some of the criteria that you specify in your Primary Search to help deliver better matches. Please be aware that matches are being recommended primarily on the results of the match portrait, so they may not always be a perfect fit in terms of your ideal age or other "search" criteria. As potential matches are found, you will be asked if you are interested in the match. If both you and the other member express interest in the match, a notification will be sent to both of you. You can still send communication to a match right away, or you can wait to see if they are interested using our double blind system. If you aren't interested in the match, just click no. Your feedback here will help us deliver better matches in the future. This system is in beta, and we are still working to improve the matches and the flow of the process.

I'm not sure if redoing the match portrait will help resolve the problem, but I think you can contact customer support under the help topics and request to retake it. Hopefully, as the matching system improves our ideal age range will be used as a factor in selecting matches for us.

--hide--

Christy, Welcome to the Forums. smile And Thank you for your spot on response. Yes the "matching" system recommends different matches from the Search that is in the Blue Menu Bar and from which you can set your own criteria. thumbsup biggrin

03/27/2013 new
when I rec'd. my business degree Christy. There was the same results.. And I get friend resposes. from the sight. sometimes better than Facebook..More personal. touch...Just as for any Successful relationship. its give and receive...When tutoring Highschool Physics. and Science I keep my Comm skills UP and utilize. The students to help them succeed with teamwork..I learned. the same thingsAt College. orgs..give time and talent and seek recognition. Experience counts...and I also have Corporate and Marketing experience ...take Care
03/28/2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: For some reason, most of the ladies that appear in my "matches" section are well outsid...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

For some reason, most of the ladies that appear in my "matches" section are well outside of my age range. It's somewhat disappointing to check my new matches only to find out that the vast majority are out of my range.

Is there something I need to change in my match protrait to stop this from happening? Do I need to re-submit an age range or something? (It's been so long since I filled out the match protrait -- April 2012 -- that I can't remember if CM even asked for an age range in there.)

Thanks for any help and God bless,
Steve

P.S.: How does one go about changing their match portrait if they need to? I don't see an option to do so...

--hide--
Steve -- we're always encouraged to post current profile photos -- a rule of thumb is yearly. But....if the picture is still an accurate reflection of your appearance, you can get by for a longer period of time.

My own take on the match section is that it is computer generated and not necessarily an accurate reflection of what you're looking for. You might think about emphasizing those who viewed you. At least there's some kind of interest or at least curiosity being shown.

03/29/2013 new

I've stopped getting matches... I got 2 or 3 a day since joining but since yesterday there have been zero. Is there an advantage to redoing the portrait at this point?

03/30/2013 new

(Quote) David-955946 said: I've stopped getting matches... I got 2 or 3 a day since joining but since yesterday there ha...
(Quote) David-955946 said:

I've stopped getting matches... I got 2 or 3 a day since joining but since yesterday there have been zero. Is there an advantage to redoing the portrait at this point?

--hide--

I don't think its an option to redo your match portrait.

04/01/2013 new

I'm getting matches again, so it's moot now. I guess not a lot of members have done the Match Portrait so as they take it, you get more matches.

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You might think about emphasizing those who viewed you. At least there's some kind of interest ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You might think about emphasizing those who viewed you. At least there's some kind of interest or at least curiosity being shown.

--hide--

Thanks for the advice of the "viewed me" section, Ray. It seems, however, that 90% of the ladies who view my profile are either out of my age range or live overseas. Hopefully, that luck will change soon... crossfingers

04/02/2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Thanks for the advice of the "viewed me" section, Ray. It seems, however, that 90% of the la...

Thanks for the advice of the "viewed me" section, Ray. It seems, however, that 90% of the ladies who view my profile are either out of my age range or live overseas. Hopefully, that luck will change soon...

--hide--
Steve, maybe you need to get a pilot's license and buy a little plane. Better yet, my neighbor bought a plane kit and was building it in his garage. He and his wife were both pilots. Just a suggestion for those long distance relationships! HaHaHa!
04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Thanks for the advice of the "viewed me" section, Ray. It seems, however, that ...

Thanks for the advice of the "viewed me" section, Ray. It seems, however, that 90% of the ladies who view my profile are either out of my age range or live overseas. Hopefully, that luck will change soon...

--hide--
Oh, Steve? You plan to move overseas??? scratchchin

04/02/2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Steve, maybe you need to get a pilot's license and buy a little plane. Better yet, my neighbor boug...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Steve, maybe you need to get a pilot's license and buy a little plane. Better yet, my neighbor bought a plane kit and was building it in his garage. He and his wife were both pilots. Just a suggestion for those long distance relationships! HaHaHa!
--hide--

laughing

Posts 11 - 20 of 21