Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Apr 2nd 2013 new

GONE WITH THE WIND

Scarlett
(Vivien Leigh) Where shall I go? What shall I do?

Rhett:
(Clark Gable) Frankly my dear I don't give a damn.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

JERRY MAGUIRE

Jerry Maguire
(Tom Cruise) I love you. You complete me.
Dorothy (Renée Zellweger) Shut up ... just shut up. You had me at hello.

Apr 2nd 2013 new

The last line of "What's Up Doc ?", said

by Howard Bannister (Ryan O'Neal), in

a reference to one of his (the actor's)

prior movies:

"That's the dumbest thing I ever heard."

www.imdb.com

Apr 2nd 2013 new

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance!

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or evil before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Shall We Dance

”We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go unwitnessed because I will be your witness'."

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: THE LORD OF THE RINGS
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

THE LORD OF THE RINGS

Frodo: It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill him when he had the chance!

Gandalf: Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends. My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet, for good or evil before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many.

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

--hide--

thumbsup

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl pirate

Jack Sparrow: No! Stop! You've burned the food, the shade, the RUM!

Elizabeth Swann: Yes, the rum is gone!

Jack: Why is the rum gone?

Elizabeth: One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The ENTIRE Royal Navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance that they won't see it?

Jack: But why is the rum gone?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN

Woodward: Who's Charles Colson?Rosenfeld: I would liken your query to being in Russia half a century ago and asking someone, "I understand who Lenin is and Trotsky I got too, but who's this yokel Stalin?"Woodward: Who's Colson, Harry?Rosenfeld: The most powerful man in America is President Nixon, probably you've heard his name. The second most powerful man is Robert Haldeman. Just below him are a trio: Mr. Erlichman is Haldeman's friend, and they protect the President from everybody which is why they are referred to as either The German Shepherds or the Berlin Wall. Mr. Mitchell we've already discussed. Mr. Colson is the President's special counsel.Woodward: Thanks, Harry. Know anything about Colson?Rosenfeld: Just that on his office wall there's a cartoon with a caption reading, "When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow."
Apr 3rd 2013 new

ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN

Judge
: Will you please state your professions.
Barker
: Anti-communists.
Judge
: Anti-communists? That, sir, is not your average profession. Your name, please.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

THE HORSE WHISPERER

Grace: Are you afraid of anything, Tom Booker?
Tom Booker
:
Of growing old. Being of no use.

Grace
:
Why do you always wear that hat?
Booker
:
Cuz it fits my head. Wanna try it on?

Posts 101 - 110 of 110