Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

03/31/2013 new

Any and all of the Easter Vigil Masses I have attended over the years. With the baptizing of the new converts, their receiving their First Holy Communion, and those who were being confirmed in the Faith ... it was all very moving; and I am so grateful for being born and raised Catholic!

A very blessed and Happy Easter to you all rose Sunrise

03/31/2013 new

Easter Vigil in 2001 when I was in Kissimmee Florida on tour with my high school band. It was my first experience of an Easter Vigil and it was something that really moved me and made me interested in the Easter Season.

03/31/2013 new
I was blessed to attend a Mass at St Gregory's 18 years ago with my son for Father Lawrence when he became Priest. I remember well when Father Lawrence lay on the floor prostrate during one part of the Mass. You could feel the Holy Spirit at work in that Chapel that day. Now Father Lawrence is Abbott Lawrence at St Gregory's.....
04/03/2013 new

I was fortunate enough to witness the ordination of a friend into the Jesuits in Amsterdam last year. Beautiful old church; lovely ceremony, and at least tri-lingual (Dutch, German and English and I presume a bit of Latin). Even though I couldn't understand most of it it was quite remarkable.

04/03/2013 new

Easter Vigil

04/03/2013 new

I would have to say one of the most amazing was when a friend when I was in high school said his first mass. Also one some hears back, I got to go to an ordinations and then got blessed by two the priest.

Another amazing mass is at the SCRC with over a thousand people singing and praying. I look forwards to going to the conference and mass every day of the weekend.

I think one very powerful was when we had a home mass done by a bisop from England. It was awesome for me as I sat on the ground right below the host.

04/04/2013 new

Here are a few, "Most Beautiful Masses."

1) The first Mass my brother (newly ordained priest) said in my parents' living room with our family.

2) Mass in an orchard with a very small group of friends near Fatima, Portugal. A large rock was the altar, and a stray dog was our guardian.

3) A very respectful, reverent, and divine Mass that was said in a very small, rural Ecuadorian town. There was nothing substantial to the church, just a few pieces of lumber and a roof. Many came via foot to Mass.

4) Mass on the Mountain: Skiing trip with my brother, The Padre. A snowboard was our altar, and the pine trees were the church's pillars.

04/04/2013 new

It's a toss up between the Traditional Latin Mass ,or a Romanian Byzantine Catholic,or Russian Byzantine Catholic Liturgy.

04/04/2013 new

(Quote) Maire-854510 said: Here are a few, "Most Beautiful Masses." 1) The first Ma...
(Quote) Maire-854510 said:

Here are a few, "Most Beautiful Masses."

1) The first Mass my brother (newly ordained priest) said in my parents' living room with our family.

2) Mass in an orchard with a very small group of friends near Fatima, Portugal. A large rock was the altar, and a stray dog was our guardian.

3) A very respectful, reverent, and divine Mass that was said in a very small, rural Ecuadorian town. There was nothing substantial to the church, just a few pieces of lumber and a roof. Many came via foot to Mass.

4) Mass on the Mountain: Skiing trip with my brother, The Padre. A snowboard was our altar, and the pine trees were the church's pillars.

--hide--

Your #3 is quite true for our very remote villages. Simple but divine.

04/04/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: What Mass filled you with a sense of awe and wonder?
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

What Mass filled you with a sense of awe and wonder?

--hide--

Well I'd have to say there are so many Masses that I remember, and for very different reasons.

1) WYD2002 Closing Mass in Downsview Toronto. This was my first time attending a Papal Mass, and it was being hosted "at home", in addition to that I was part of the WYD Choir, so I had the great privledge of singing for His Holliness Bl. JPII. Before Mass started we timed the singing of Handal's Hallelujah to the touch-down of the Papal Helicopter. Looking back on that moment 10 years later on TV, it still gave me goose-bumps.

2) Easter Mass 2003. After a very early start, and much prayer I had front row seats (yep keener Catholic ... LOL) for Bl. JPII's Easter Mass. It was amazing to see the Military bands, the music, etc. it really was a time of great joy in Vatican City.

3) Palm Sunday 2003: I was part of the procession of the Palms towards the Papal Alter, and was less then 30 feet away from Bl. JPII. I whitnessed the transition of the WYD Cross from Toronto to Germany ... I felt like it was leaving "home".

The Masses above were very special, in part because of the size and granduer of them, and the fact that they were presided by His Holliness Bl. JPII, who was (and still is) a hero to me.

4) I don't remember the day, but it was Lent 2003 and I was in Rome. I made my way over to the Catacombs and was about to start a tour when a priest came up to me, started talking, and asked if I was Catholic. He started to tell me how he had an awful day, and how he was so excitted about being able to say Mass in the AM, but things didn't work out, and he wasn't able to say Mass. He wasn't sure if he would be able to say Mass that day, and he generally just looked and spoke as though he was "crushed". So he spoke (err begged) the Catacombs manager to see if there was a Chapal that could be used after the tour, so he could say Mass in the Catacombs. Minutes before the tour started, the tour guide advised the priest that he could use the last Chapel that we would be visiting on the tour, and he then asked if I would stay for Mass with him, to which I agreed. At the end of the tour the tour guide said that Mass would be available in the Chapel (underground cave) for anyone who was interested. After a mass exidose there were 4 of us left in the chapel, and the 1 couple sheepishly asked the priest if they could stay for Mass because they were non-Catholic (Christian) but had never seen a Catholic Mass in their life. The priest of course said, yes, but advised them that they would not be able to receive the Blessed Sacrament, but he could give them a blessing at that time if they wished. So it was the smallest Mass I have EVER been to, with myself being the only Catholic in the congregation (world's shortest communion BTW). I wasn't sure what to expect, but the Priest gave a very touching Homily, and it was inspiring to watch the priest Celebrate Mass for his own soul / happiness, then "doing a job" on Sunady. The Homily was very moving, and very informative (completly off-the-cuff), and he didnt' have to spend as much time teaching as he did. It was clearly something he WANTED to do, and it was evident on his face.

When Mass was finished he thanked me for staying behind, and being part of the celebration with him, and asked if I wanted to "break bread" with him again, so we went out to a local pizza shop and talked about our faith, and our lives. I saw the priest in the distance the next day at the General Audience in Vatican City the next day, never saw him again. I don't remember his name, but that Mass left a lasting impression.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22