Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Greetings to all my Catholic Brothers and Sisters, I purposely am not addressing the many splinter groups with names for they have been hurt enough. I see this trend to label within the Church as a Divide and Conquer strategy of Satan that on the whole has been quite successful and has made many Catholics feel as if they were aliens in another country speaking another language. The Pope of any particular era is entrusted with Jewel of Great Price, "Us!" No exceptions or, acceptable, non acceptable, categories. I have been an active promoter of The Divine Mercy Devotion for now around 26 years. Throughout these years I have met with strong resistance against the devotion, sad to say. I would think that anything that promised so much for so little effort would be snatched up. Satan again has used the tactic of using mankind’s tendency to pride of intellect, which comes down to a defective or a conscience not in harmony with the Church’s teachings. Which for us is the Will of God. When St Peter was given the Keys of leadership, the Lord empowered him with great authority, with surety in matters of Faith and Morals to never be in error. This guarantee was to be our Spiritual Compass in living out our role in God's plan for us, it also is a protection to use in assessing if something is of God or Satan. Conscience has been the devils main weapon, which he excised from Vatican11 and twisted it’s interpretation for his own sinister purposes. It was Pride that brought him down. So if it worked to undo him then how could puny Humanity resist such a clever setup?? A tactic again based on Pride. Spiritual Pride is a killer, a killer of souls that we have often been warned about.

Now back to the topic at hand, Divine Mercy devotion. Pope John Paul 11 was asked once "What was it that he thought defined his Papacy?" He replied that it was to put in place the Divine Mercy Devotion and promulgating Divine Mercy Sunday to be observed on the Second Sunday of Easter. Now Sundays are seen as memorial of the Resurrection of the Lord and nothing is to be celebrated in its' place, like a Funeral etc. Occasionally there are Feasts in relation to Mary, Christ's mother and the other that comes to mind is St John the Baptist. No one can just arbitrarily decide a new theme for the Sunday Mass. Now for a Sunday in the Easter Octave to be assigned a new role is even more a “no go” zone, As it is a part of a group of Sundays liturgically assigned the name of the Easter Octave. These particular Sundays of the Easter Octave rate higher than the Sundays that make up the rest of the Liturgical calendar. Pope John Paul used his Papal Authority, Ex Cathedra (Infallible proclamation) in relation to the Divine Mercy Devotion and the then Sister Helen Faustina's cause for canonisation. So why the indifference to this Wondrous devotion? This, on the Sunday called Divine Mercy Sunday, offers something so wondrous from the Hand and Heart of God. The Grace offered is the total remission and removal of all punishment due to sin. The persons soul is returned to the state which it possessed at Baptism. A Pope has solemnly declared this to be so. So no armchair Theologians or Smirking Modernists have any right to mock or criticize. The Devotion is under the umbrella of an Infallible pronouncement, which calls us to Obedience. Another virtue that society sees as a weakness.

If we take a look back through time and see God's pattern of dealing with the sins of mankind nothing comes close to this Divine Mercy gift in revealed efficacy other than the Birth and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ. With things of great benefit to man, as given by God, there is usually some great evil that it combats and defeats. Take the Sacraments as the main example, and the things done by Man throughout history against them. The Sacraments return order to our chaotic beings that have been ravaged by Sin. There's an unpopular word, Sin. Society has changed the name "Sin" to "Indulge" it's not Sin now! It's doing something a little bit naughty, a bit of a giggle! If it feels good, how could it be wrong?? Another clever cliché from Hell’s kitchen! Society follows a handsome Pied Piper and dances to the tune of Spiritual Death and Alienation, all the way into Eternal Death in Hell!

The Divine Mercy Gift has been given to us in our life time for us to use and take benefit from. It is a gift of love from the Lord, The Father and The Holy Spirit. With such a great gift on offer what is it that it is designed to defeat. Something is coming that warrants this preparation. I do not know what this is, but as night follows day it has been demonstrated throughout Church History to be the pattern of Divine intervention . So why the resistance? Why the Indifference? Why the Opposition to a Papal declared devotion, free from error of any kind?? Have Catholic individuals taken the power of infallibility to be their own?? When God gave this authority to one, also to the bishops in union with the Pope. Even Bishops don't have access to this authority without the Popes involvement and participation.

Where do you stand?? Are you Sheep or Goat? A thing to remember, it was the blood of a lamb painted over the doorways of the Israelites that indicated to the Angel of Death to pass over that home and do no harm, as the sign of Covenant was over their doorway. What special protective benefits are yet to be revealed by God for complying with His stated wishes in regard to this Devotion? It comes down to this, are you a Catholic that lives by what the Church declares morally and spiritually good for us? Even though you don't like it?? Or are you in the camp of The Cafeteria Catholic, taking that which appeals and rejecting that which doesn't, which is the sign of a defective conscience, out of balance with our loving God.

This Sunday may be, for some of us, the last chance to avail our selves of this Pearl of Great Price. It may even turn out to be the World's last opportunity; only God knows the answer to that question. I hope you take this opportunity to paint the Lamb’s Blood over the doorway to your Heart!

I wish you Love, I wish you Grace and I wish you wisdom in considering your response, ultimately, to God the one that created you to be with and in Him.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Greetings to all my Catholic Brothers and Sisters, I purposely am not addressing the many splinter ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Greetings to all my Catholic Brothers and Sisters, I purposely am not addressing the many splinter groups with names for they have been hurt enough. I see this trend to label within the Church as a Divide and Conquer strategy of Satan that on the whole has been quite successful and has made many Catholics feel as if they were aliens in another country speaking another language. The Pope of any particular era is entrusted with Jewel of Great Price, "Us!" No exceptions or, acceptable, non acceptable, categories. I have been an active promoter of The Divine Mercy Devotion for now around 26 years. Throughout these years I have met with strong resistance against the devotion, sad to say. I would think that anything that promised so much for so little effort would be snatched up. Satan again has used the tactic of using mankind’s tendency to pride of intellect, which comes down to a defective or a conscience not in harmony with the Church’s teachings. Which for us is the Will of God. When St Peter was given the Keys of leadership, the Lord empowered him with great authority, with surety in matters of Faith and Morals to never be in error. This guarantee was to be our Spiritual Compass in living out our role in God's plan for us, it also is a protection to use in assessing if something is of God or Satan. Conscience has been the devils main weapon, which he excised from Vatican11 and twisted it’s interpretation for his own sinister purposes. It was Pride that brought him down. So if it worked to undo him then how could puny Humanity resist such a clever setup?? A tactic again based on Pride. Spiritual Pride is a killer, a killer of souls that we have often been warned about.

Now back to the topic at hand, Divine Mercy devotion. Pope John Paul 11 was asked once "What was it that he thought defined his Papacy?" He replied that it was to put in place the Divine Mercy Devotion and promulgating Divine Mercy Sunday to be observed on the Second Sunday of Easter. Now Sundays are seen as memorial of the Resurrection of the Lord and nothing is to be celebrated in its' place, like a Funeral etc. Occasionally there are Feasts in relation to Mary, Christ's mother and the other that comes to mind is St John the Baptist. No one can just arbitrarily decide a new theme for the Sunday Mass. Now for a Sunday in the Easter Octave to be assigned a new role is even more a “no go” zone, As it is a part of a group of Sundays liturgically assigned the name of the Easter Octave. These particular Sundays of the Easter Octave rate higher than the Sundays that make up the rest of the Liturgical calendar. Pope John Paul used his Papal Authority, Ex Cathedra (Infallible proclamation) in relation to the Divine Mercy Devotion and the then Sister Helen Faustina's cause for canonisation. So why the indifference to this Wondrous devotion? This, on the Sunday called Divine Mercy Sunday, offers something so wondrous from the Hand and Heart of God. The Grace offered is the total remission and removal of all punishment due to sin. The persons soul is returned to the state which it possessed at Baptism. A Pope has solemnly declared this to be so. So no armchair Theologians or Smirking Modernists have any right to mock or criticize. The Devotion is under the umbrella of an Infallible pronouncement, which calls us to Obedience. Another virtue that society sees as a weakness.

If we take a look back through time and see God's pattern of dealing with the sins of mankind nothing comes close to this Divine Mercy gift in revealed efficacy other than the Birth and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ. With things of great benefit to man, as given by God, there is usually some great evil that it combats and defeats. Take the Sacraments as the main example, and the things done by Man throughout history against them. The Sacraments return order to our chaotic beings that have been ravaged by Sin. There's an unpopular word, Sin. Society has changed the name "Sin" to "Indulge" it's not Sin now! It's doing something a little bit naughty, a bit of a giggle! If it feels good, how could it be wrong?? Another clever cliché from Hell’s kitchen! Society follows a handsome Pied Piper and dances to the tune of Spiritual Death and Alienation, all the way into Eternal Death in Hell!

The Divine Mercy Gift has been given to us in our life time for us to use and take benefit from. It is a gift of love from the Lord, The Father and The Holy Spirit. With such a great gift on offer what is it that it is designed to defeat. Something is coming that warrants this preparation. I do not know what this is, but as night follows day it has been demonstrated throughout Church History to be the pattern of Divine intervention . So why the resistance? Why the Indifference? Why the Opposition to a Papal declared devotion, free from error of any kind?? Have Catholic individuals taken the power of infallibility to be their own?? When God gave this authority to one, also to the bishops in union with the Pope. Even Bishops don't have access to this authority without the Popes involvement and participation.

Where do you stand?? Are you Sheep or Goat? A thing to remember, it was the blood of a lamb painted over the doorways of the Israelites that indicated to the Angel of Death to pass over that home and do no harm, as the sign of Covenant was over their doorway. What special protective benefits are yet to be revealed by God for complying with His stated wishes in regard to this Devotion? It comes down to this, are you a Catholic that lives by what the Church declares morally and spiritually good for us? Even though you don't like it?? Or are you in the camp of The Cafeteria Catholic, taking that which appeals and rejecting that which doesn't, which is the sign of a defective conscience, out of balance with our loving God.

This Sunday may be, for some of us, the last chance to avail our selves of this Pearl of Great Price. It may even turn out to be the World's last opportunity; only God knows the answer to that question. I hope you take this opportunity to paint the Lamb’s Blood over the doorway to your Heart!

I wish you Love, I wish you Grace and I wish you wisdom in considering your response, ultimately, to God the one that created you to be with and in Him.

--hide--

Yes, I am on my 7th day with the DM novena. "Every Catholic should be familiar with the teaching of the Church on this matter, contained in paragraphs 668 to 679 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Only in the context of public revelation as taught by the Magisterium can we situate the words of private revelation given to Sr. Faustina." (ewtn)

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Yes, I am on my 7th day with the DM novena. "Every Catholic should be...
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Yes, I am on my 7th day with the DM novena. "Every Catholic should be familiar with the teaching of the Church on this matter, contained in paragraphs 668 to 679 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Only in the context of public revelation as taught by the Magisterium can we situate the words of private revelation given to Sr. Faustina." (ewtn)

--hide--
It puzzles me when people disregard this gift. I have found priests to be quite resistant as well. Disobedience seems to be the in thing.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: It puzzles me when people disregard this gift. I have found priests to be quite resistant as well. ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

It puzzles me when people disregard this gift. I have found priests to be quite resistant as well. Disobedience seems to be the in thing.

--hide--

My country is a very Marian country with many faithful Marian priests.

"Because of the simple faith of the Filipinos, akin to their national identity and character. Filipinos are simple, God-fearing, trustful, patient, loving, self-sacrificing, open, generous, and industrious, etc. We, as a people, are God fearing and submissive to God and His divine will. We are a country comprised mostly of Catholics who have learned to live their daily life in faith, imbued with a sense of God and His abiding presence, and who have a respect for the clergy and the hierarchical Church. Also, Marian devotion is very strong here. Generally, the poor who, in their want or lack of basic necessities, will put their trust in Divine Providence and have a recognition of their weakness and limitation and need for God and others. They use their trustfulness in God's mercy as a source of strength and hope!..."

www.marian.org

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: My country is a very Marian country with many faithful Marian priests.
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

My country is a very Marian country with many faithful Marian priests.

"Because of the simple faith of the Filipinos, akin to their national identity and character. Filipinos are simple, God-fearing, trustful, patient, loving, self-sacrificing, open, generous, and industrious, etc. We, as a people, are God fearing and submissive to God and His divine will. We are a country comprised mostly of Catholics who have learned to live their daily life in faith, imbued with a sense of God and His abiding presence, and who have a respect for the clergy and the hierarchical Church. Also, Marian devotion is very strong here. Generally, the poor who, in their want or lack of basic necessities, will put their trust in Divine Providence and have a recognition of their weakness and limitation and need for God and others. They use their trustfulness in God's mercy as a source of strength and hope!..."

www.marian.org

--hide--
Your Country is a land that comforts Our Loving God in an age so poisoned against Him.God Bless You and may He reward your land with many vocations to flood the world!

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Your Country is a land that comforts Our Loving God in an age so poisoned against Him.God Bless You...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Your Country is a land that comforts Our Loving God in an age so poisoned against Him.God Bless You and may He reward your land with many vocations to flood the world!

--hide--

Thanks, Con. It is a constant struggle living in a third world country... Increasing secularism around due to Western influences, big gap between the Church and the government. Majority of the population is poor. We pray a lot because we need the strength to overcome the evil around.

Apr 4th 2013 new

I plan to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday. I don't feel there is apathy or unacceptance of this great gift; rather, many Catholics simply don't know much about it. So it is up to our priests and the rest of us to educate and spread the word. Praying

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Sue-935039 said: I plan to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday. I don't feel there is apathy or unacceptance of t...
(Quote) Sue-935039 said:

I plan to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday. I don't feel there is apathy or unacceptance of this great gift; rather, many Catholics simply don't know much about it. So it is up to our priests and the rest of us to educate and spread the word.

--hide--
Me as well.....I didn't know about it until you good people put some threads on here with the novena which I am praying every day now ! Thanks. Jesus saves theheart

Apr 4th 2013 new

Many people don't know about this great blessing and look at me blankly as I try to explain it. My girls and I are very devoted in our participation in praying the Divine Mercy chaplet all year and especially now until Divine Mercy Sunday.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Sue-935039 said: I plan to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday. I don't feel there is apathy or unacceptance of t...
(Quote) Sue-935039 said:

I plan to participate in Divine Mercy Sunday. I don't feel there is apathy or unacceptance of this great gift; rather, many Catholics simply don't know much about it. So it is up to our priests and the rest of us to educate and spread the word.

--hide--

That's completely right Sue, it is up to our priests but with 29 years of promoting Divine Mercy in 2 Diocese and 420 priest knockbacks and a percentage of hostile knock backs and priests who refuse even to mention it. I still hold by what I say. You may be a lucky one and have a willing parish priest. It is not up to them to say yes or no. They are required to obey a Papal pronouncement. Unfortunately I have encounterted disobedience. I have produced printed and distributed for those 29 years at my own expense. It looks like you will have a much easier time promoting it in your diocese.

I had to revise the amount of years I have been promoting this wonderful gift. Time flys as the crows say!

Posts 1 - 10 of 128