Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: Many people don't know about this great blessing and look at me blankly as I try to explain ...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

Many people don't know about this great blessing and look at me blankly as I try to explain it. My girls and I are very devoted in our participation in praying the Divine Mercy chaplet all year and especially now until Divine Mercy Sunday.

--hide--
Very true Rachel, it is the Churches best kept secret by a significant number of priests. Even though it is in the Ordo, which is the little book used to keep track of the Liturgical calendar in regards to Feasts and the praying of the Divine Office. For the Divine Mercy Sunday to still be unheard of after such a long time and having been promoted by one of the greatest Popes the Catholic Church has had given it by the Lord, means stubborn disobedience and obstructionism and the organisational level of the Church.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Me as well.....I didn't know about it until you good people put some threads on here with the...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Me as well.....I didn't know about it until you good people put some threads on here with the novena which I am praying every day now ! Thanks. Jesus saves

--hide--

In all your personal suffering this grace will make sense of it. God bless and welcome aboard! The Church has much good to share, good hunting.

Apr 4th 2013 new

I have only done 1 or 2 Devine Mercy Chaplets since Good Friday. Can I still jump in the ball game?

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I have only done 1 or 2 Devine Mercy Chaplets since Good Friday. Can I still jump in the ball ga...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I have only done 1 or 2 Devine Mercy Chaplets since Good Friday. Can I still jump in the ball game?

--hide--
To participate any time is a good time. The requirements Marita, are simple to receive this Great gift. Go to Confession or Recocilliation during lent or the following week after the Feast. That is if it is not available on the day where you attend Mass. The other part is to receive the Eucharist in a good state of soul. That is it. Your soul will be shiny brand new and all the past blown away, except for the good you have done. Pretty good deal I would say. God rewards the good intention, continue with your prayer and be assured God generosity to you will fasr exceed your expectations. God Bless and enjoy this Special Day. Spread the Word.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: Me as well.....I didn't know about it until you good people put some threads on here with the...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

Me as well.....I didn't know about it until you good people put some threads on here with the novena which I am praying every day now ! Thanks. Jesus saves

--hide--
Just one more thing Susan, remember your father this day and at the time you receive Communion ask the Lord to apply these graces to your father as well. Have faith and take comfort God's Mercy knows no limits . The same is true in regards to His love for us. God Bless and I wish Peace to dwell in your heart.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: To participate any time is a good time. The requirements Marita, are simple to receive this Great g...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

To participate any time is a good time. The requirements Marita, are simple to receive this Great gift. Go to Confession or Recocilliation during lent or the following week after the Feast. That is if it is not available on the day where you attend Mass. The other part is to receive the Eucharist in a good state of soul. That is it. Your soul will be shiny brand new and all the past blown away, except for the good you have done. Pretty good deal I would say. God rewards the good intention, continue with your prayer and be assured God generosity to you will fasr exceed your expectations. God Bless and enjoy this Special Day. Spread the Word.

--hide--

So what about the four or five DM Chaplets I've missed?

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Con-888377 said: Just one more thing Susan, remember your father this day and at the time you receive Communion ask ...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Just one more thing Susan, remember your father this day and at the time you receive Communion ask the Lord to apply these graces to your father as well. Have faith and take comfort God's Mercy knows no limits . The same is true in regards to His love for us. God Bless and I wish Peace to dwell in your heart.

--hide--

Thank you Con. I will. God bless you Dove

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: So what about the four or five DM Chaplets I've missed?
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

So what about the four or five DM Chaplets I've missed?

--hide--
That's up to you, if your feeling bright eyed and ready to bite a passing car tyre you can do them when you can. If you are not up to it just continue from this point. The Novena is not part of the actual Feast it is an act of generosity on your part in joining in the prayers for Jesus's intentions. You are also allowed to ask for a special need for your self. Just remember, Marita, God is not keeping score and doing inventory of deeds and how there done. That's how the world works. God only wants what is best for you out of 100 percent distilled love. So don't let anyone disturb your peace on this wonderful day of Mercy.

Apr 4th 2013 new

I am definitely for Divine Mercy Sunday. my family has been participating actively for the last decade or so. I love it! We say our chaplet together every night, and started the novena with the rest of the parish during the Good Friday devotions.

I thought Divine Mercy was a private revelation, like the Rosary or Fatima, which we are not obligated to beleive in. Granted, I'm not advocating for not beleiving in private revelation, for I think it very helpful with regards to our daily struggles.

Paragraph 67 CCC: Throughout the ages, there have been so-called “private” revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I am definitely for Divine Mercy Sunday. my family has been participating actively for the last d...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I am definitely for Divine Mercy Sunday. my family has been participating actively for the last decade or so. I love it! We say our chaplet together every night, and started the novena with the rest of the parish during the Good Friday devotions.

I thought Divine Mercy was a private revelation, like the Rosary or Fatima, which we are not obligated to beleive in. Granted, I'm not advocating for not beleiving in private revelation, for I think it very helpful with regards to our daily struggles.

Paragraph 67 CCC: Throughout the ages, there have been so-called “private” revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history.

--hide--

Pope John Paul 11 used his power of Ex Cathedra so as no one could speak against it within the Church. This fact is not spoken about, especially by those that think they are pope for a day. The amount of resistance and opposition can sometimes be a good indicator of something spiritually good. Good on you and your family. Love displayed in loyalty goes down big in Heaven!

Posts 11 - 20 of 128