Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

For us golfers...

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Hi, all! wave

I'm not sure if this is real, but as a golfer, I must admit that this would be really cool cool to have...

www.youtube.com

Driving across the sand or the water hazards will be incredible. Not that I ever visit the hazards or traps... wink

What do you think?

Apr 3rd 2013 new

Heh, I actually saw that mentioned on the end of one our news shows.

I'm not a big fan of golf carts to be honest, part of the fun of golf is the long walks amongst park like settings.

Of course, I'm rather traditional when it comes to my golf. I hate those metal "woods", they take all the skill out, are too large, too light and the sound they make when you strike doesn't compare to the beautiful symphony that arises when you use a wooden driver.

Apr 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Hi, all! I'm not sure if this is real, but as a golfer, I must admit that this would ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Hi, all!

I'm not sure if this is real, but as a golfer, I must admit that this would be really cool to have...

www.youtube.com

Driving across the sand or the water hazards will be incredible. Not that I ever visit the hazards or traps...

What do you think?

--hide--

Oh Steve, this looks so COOL. However, like you who has time to bother with the traps and water. That is for the rookies right?laughing laughing laughing

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Oh Steve, this looks so COOL. However, like you who has time to bother with the traps...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said:

Oh Steve, this looks so COOL. However, like you who has time to bother with the traps and water. That is for the rookies right?

--hide--

Yep, like you, Elizabeth, I never visit the sand or water. wink I save that for vacations at the beach... surfing

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: Heh, I actually saw that mentioned on the end of one our news shows. I'm not a big fan...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Heh, I actually saw that mentioned on the end of one our news shows.

I'm not a big fan of golf carts to be honest, part of the fun of golf is the long walks amongst park like settings.

Of course, I'm rather traditional when it comes to my golf. I hate those metal "woods", they take all the skill out, are too large, too light and the sound they make when you strike doesn't compare to the beautiful symphony that arises when you use a wooden driver.

--hide--

When I played golf with my dad, we never used a cart. It was much better exercise to walk than ride. Of course, it was somewhat difficult during the hot, humid summers in Ohio (85 degrees F and 80 percent humidity). But like my dad used to say, that builds character. laughing

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Hi, all! I'm not sure if this is real, but as a golfer, I must admit that this would ...

Hi, all!

I'm not sure if this is real, but as a golfer, I must admit that this would be really cool to have...

www.youtube.com

Driving across the sand or the water hazards will be incredible. Not that I ever visit the hazards or traps...

What do you think?

--hide--

He can keep the Hovercraft.. i'll take his swing! eyebrow

Apr 4th 2013 new
That swing and i will even walk on a hot humid day to improve my character!!!
Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: When I played golf with my dad, we never used a cart. It was much better exercise to walk...

When I played golf with my dad, we never used a cart. It was much better exercise to walk than ride. Of course, it was somewhat difficult during the hot, humid summers in Ohio (85 degrees F and 80 percent humidity). But like my dad used to say, that builds character.

--hide--
If the converter is correct, that's only what, 29 C?

Without sounding the bell of arrogant snobbery, I was playing golf in 39 C [104F?] with near 90% humidity. :p

Granted, we don't have air conditioning so widespread in this country, so we're quite tolerant of extremes, we just suck it up.

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If the converter is correct, that's only what, 29 C? Without sounding the bell of arro...

Without sounding the bell of arrogant snobbery, I was playing golf in 39 C [104F?] with near 90% humidity. :p

Granted, we don't have air conditioning so widespread in this country, so we're quite tolerant of extremes, we just suck it up.

--hide--

Naomi --
The joy of your youthrolling eyes or better character. You are right, we Americans are too used to A/C. Perhaps I will suck it up a bit more this summer for the love of the game -- ok, not really love, just an excuse to get out and enjoy the fresh air.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If the converter is correct, that's only what, 29 C? Without sounding the bell of arro...

--hide--

shocked Wow, 104F and 90 percent humidity? Now, I've played golf in Florida in the middle of the summer, but you've got me beat. Bow In the States, it usually only gets over 100 with LOW humidity (think Arizona or Death Valley, California). Where I grew up in Ohio, the only time we ever made it over 100 degrees F was in an extremely dry drought year.

Is Christchurch somewhere fairly close to the equator? That might explain the combination of heat and humidity. I must admit that my knowledge of New Zealand is limited to the 80's pop group Split Enz and that you're relatively close to Australia geographically. I'll have to brush up on my New Zealand studies.

By the way, I've found that at around 90 degrees and 80 percent humidity, it becomes difficult to hold on to a standard leather-gripped golf club. duck laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 11