Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Wisdom Teeth Removal

04/04/2013 new

wide eyed eep... I just read this story about a young man who went in to have his wisdom teeth removed but later died. gma.yahoo.com

weeping How I am so sad and pray for the family that is grieving over his death. I am even more sad and scared now for myself. Monday at 10:40 I will be having having my wisdom teeth removed. I have been putting it off because I thought it was unnecessary plus when I was still covered under my parents insurance my mom suggested I wait a year until the new plan starts but then I forgot all about it. Now I am 28 soon to be 29 and I read that there are more complications that can arise when you are older. All four of my teeth are impacted, two are peeking through the gums and my mouth is not big enough for them to fully come in. They aren't really bothering me, the gums become tender every now and then but the pain is never unbearable. I do have teeth that aren't touching the wisdom teeth that hurt every now and then but the dentists can't find anything wrong with them. I am hoping that it is my wisdom teeth that is causing the problems with the other teeth. Now I am scared to go in and have them removed because I was going to opt to get general anesthetic because I read that that is the best option when getting all four teeth out.

Please pray for me, pray for that the procedure will go well with no complications on Monday (if I go through with it), so many fears and uncertainties are running through me regarding this procedure on Monday. I just want to cry and I really wish I never had wisdom teeth now. weeping

04/04/2013 new

"Pray, Hope, Don't Worry" --- Fr. Pio

hug Praying theheart

04/04/2013 new

Hi Jessicahug any procedure and outcome can bring anxiety-it is human nature(: welcome(:------maybe talk with your dentist some more--maybe get a second opinion-- PLUS being filled with the Holy Spirit-we are children of God in union with Jesus having a Father in Heaven watching over His children-biggrin --Lord be with Jessica-comfort her -guide her--May she know You are with her everyday watching over her --Guardian Angel be with Jessica--Thank You Father for always being with hertheheart rosary

04/04/2013 new

ST Apollonia, Pray for us

04/04/2013 new

Praying Praying Praying

04/04/2013 new
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: eep... I just read this story about a young man who went in to have his wisdom teeth removed but later died....
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

eep... I just read this story about a young man who went in to have his wisdom teeth removed but later died. gma.yahoo.com

How I am so sad and pray for the family that is grieving over his death. I am even more sad and scared now for myself. Monday at 10:40 I will be having having my wisdom teeth removed. I have been putting it off because I thought it was unnecessary plus when I was still covered under my parents insurance my mom suggested I wait a year until the new plan starts but then I forgot all about it. Now I am 28 soon to be 29 and I read that there are more complications that can arise when you are older. All four of my teeth are impacted, two are peeking through the gums and my mouth is not big enough for them to fully come in. They aren't really bothering me, the gums become tender every now and then but the pain is never unbearable. I do have teeth that aren't touching the wisdom teeth that hurt every now and then but the dentists can't find anything wrong with them. I am hoping that it is my wisdom teeth that is causing the problems with the other teeth. Now I am scared to go in and have them removed because I was going to opt to get general anesthetic because I read that that is the best option when getting all four teeth out.

Please pray for me, pray for that the procedure will go well with no complications on Monday (if I go through with it), so many fears and uncertainties are running through me regarding this procedure on Monday. I just want to cry and I really wish I never had wisdom teeth now.

--hide--

I will pray or a good outcome Jessica. All three of my boys went through it with minimal difficulty and hope you will too. Eileen
04/04/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: eep... I just read this story about a young man who went in to have his wisdom teeth removed bu...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

eep... I just read this story about a young man who went in to have his wisdom teeth removed but later died. gma.yahoo.com

How I am so sad and pray for the family that is grieving over his death. I am even more sad and scared now for myself. Monday at 10:40 I will be having having my wisdom teeth removed. I have been putting it off because I thought it was unnecessary plus when I was still covered under my parents insurance my mom suggested I wait a year until the new plan starts but then I forgot all about it. Now I am 28 soon to be 29 and I read that there are more complications that can arise when you are older. All four of my teeth are impacted, two are peeking through the gums and my mouth is not big enough for them to fully come in. They aren't really bothering me, the gums become tender every now and then but the pain is never unbearable. I do have teeth that aren't touching the wisdom teeth that hurt every now and then but the dentists can't find anything wrong with them. I am hoping that it is my wisdom teeth that is causing the problems with the other teeth. Now I am scared to go in and have them removed because I was going to opt to get general anesthetic because I read that that is the best option when getting all four teeth out.

Please pray for me, pray for that the procedure will go well with no complications on Monday (if I go through with it), so many fears and uncertainties are running through me regarding this procedure on Monday. I just want to cry and I really wish I never had wisdom teeth now.

--hide--

Jessica, don't be scared and don't worry, be brave and everything's gonna be alright. Removing the wisdom teeth is a very simple procedure. If something bad happened to someone it does not meant that it will happen to you. Perhaps the guy that died had some underlying illness or complications that may have caused his death, i.e. diabetes, heart disease, allergy from the anesthesia, etc. I'll be praying for you, Praying rosary theheart hug

04/04/2013 new

Hey, Jessica,

You will be okay! smile I haven't heard of anyone dying after wisdom teeth removal - this case must have been from some other underlying medical condition like someone else suggested. I got my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago and even though my mouth was sore for about a week following it never got any worse than that. The typical experience is swollen cheeks, a sore mouth, and some bleeding immediately after the surgery, but from what I know anybody experiencing serious medical problems or dying because of the procedure is pretty rare. The worst you'll probably experience is the soreness, and you might have to lie in bed for a couple days just to rest. Other than that you should be fine smile Nevertheless I will put in a prayer for you.

God Bless hug

PS: If you're still worried - the one big plus about getting them removed is that you have an excuse to eat lots of ice cream! :D Keep your sights on the bright side. You'll be okay :)

04/04/2013 new

Best of luck to you, Jessica, in whatever you decide! It's better to have them out before they cause problems, but on the other hand my dentist is a big proponent of not messing with them until they make themselves a nuisance. I'm having a lot of the same anxiety, since I'm supposed to have two wisdom teeth. I'd never heard of anyone dying after removal (I too think there was probably some other condition and the surgery was the tip of the iceberg), but I do know my Dad slept longer after his wisdom teeth surgery than he was "supposed to". That's always scared me, and I've always opted for local anaesthetic with all my dental procedures. P.S. I know an oral surgeon who hates me... ;) Definitely talk to your dentist/surgeon, let them know how you're feeling, discuss options - you can never have too much information.

04/05/2013 new

Praying Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 20