Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

03/27/2013 new
Pope Francis has decided to not live in Papal apartments...for now www.romereports.com

Pope Francis won't be moving to the papal apartments: First pope in more than 100 years not to live in the Apostolic Palace www.catholicworldreport.com
04/02/2013 new
Pope Francis hugs boy with cerebral palsy after Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square -

www.youtube.com
04/02/2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Pope Francis hugs boy with cerebral palsy after Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square - http://www....
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Pope Francis hugs boy with cerebral palsy after Easter Mass in St. Peter's Square -

www.youtube.com
--hide--
"The following is a guest post from Paul Gondreau, Professor of Theology at Providence College. Paul is serving as the Faculty Resident Director at PC/CEAs Center for Theology and Religious Studies in Rome this semester, joined by his wife Christiana and their 5 kids. After Easter Mass in St. Peters Square yesterday, Pope Francis hugged their son Dominic."

A Special Vocation: To Show People How To Love - catholicmoraltheology.com
04/02/2013 new
I think the fact that he likes Math is positive. Not enough people like Math. A man in our church just ran for office today. My father said to me...."Well, I guess I'll vote for him. I can't not vote for him and look him in the eye....but I hope he doesn't win....he's a great guy....but he sucks at Math". Sometimes Pareto's Law is simply too difficult to grasp! :) To have a man who understands math but also theology....what a great combination. The two actually go very well together.
04/02/2013 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos A...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II!

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

--hide--
In honor of Pope John Paul II, I'd like to mention that today was the anniversary of his death. sad

Holy Papa, pray for us!

www.romereports.com
04/03/2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesu...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:
Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

Did you know that Pope Francis was essentially "exiled" by the Jesuits to the outskirts of Buenos Aires before he was an Archbishop after he tried to reform the Jesuits (and this was done with agreement of the "government" of Buenos Aires apparently). He ended up teaching Math to students living in poverty in the outskirts of Buenos Aires. Pope John Paul II "rescued" him and appointed him Archbishop of Buenos Aires. Thanks be to God for our Saint Pope John Paul II!

What a courageous man to live his principles to the point of effectively "trashing" his career with the Jesuits (at least for a period of time) and the humility to accept his "exile" to teaching students in a very poor area of Buenos Aires on the outskirts. He did not know that he would be "rescued" by Pope John Paul II. He truly lived out his Faith in God here! Thanks be to God for our new Pope Francis!

In honor of Pope John Paul II, I'd like to mention that today was the anniversary of his death.

Holy Papa, pray for us!

www.romereports.com
--hide--
"In this picture made available by the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Pope Francis prays in front of the tomb of Pope John Paul II, at the Vatican Tuesday, April 2, 2013. Pope Francis has prayed before the tomb of Pope John Paul II on the eighth anniversary of the much-beloved pontiff's death."

media.cmgdigital.com
04/04/2013 new

This is an article that I found from FOX news Latino (dated 3/16 or 3/17):

latino.foxnews.com

I do hope that Cardinal Law will be dealt with to the full extent that it can be done within the Church. If Pope Francis can do something to make this happen, I think that it would be a great thing. From everything that I remember in the news at the time that Law dashed off to the Vatican, it seemed to me that the more appropriate residence for Cardinal Law was a prison cell rather than hanging out at the Vatican. I was happy to see that since Cardinal Law was over the age of 80, he was not eligible to vote in the conclave. To bad that couldn't be said of Cardinal Mohoney (of LA).

Ed

04/04/2013 new

ncronline.org

This article still has most of your information, but focuses on the official word from the Vatican spokesperson.

04/04/2013 new

Mike,

Thanks for the article.

I was having a difficult time finding much reported about this from reliable, main-stream media sources.

Ed

04/06/2013 new
Pope chooses Franciscan leader as Secretary of the Vatican's Congregation for Religious -

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it
Posts 91 - 100 of 100