Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. Then I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'. I laughed. But do you make your interview with the idea that only certain answers are 'right' and others are 'wrong'? I made mine to find out about the taker, not try to find a twin! Please tell me how you think about the questions and answers in your and others' interviews!

04/05/2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. T...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I took someone's interview. I answered the questions as truthfully as the options allowed. Then I received a message back saying I had 'answered everything wrong'. I laughed. But do you make your interview with the idea that only certain answers are 'right' and others are 'wrong'? I made mine to find out about the taker, not try to find a twin! Please tell me how you think about the questions and answers in your and others' interviews!

--hide--
Many interviews have identical questions -- more of a cookie-cutter approach. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't encourage a lot of participation. Not criticizing those who do this either. Not everyone is a brilliant writer or interviewer; people have to work within their capabilities, likes and dislikes.

Other interviews? It seems that many don't allow for a true answer. Multiple choices are given, but frequently NONE of them apply. It's tough to have to select an answer that isn't an accurate reflection.

Now for your concern, Rachel -- there are many questions that don't have a right or wrong answer. If you gave an honest answer to an honest question, then your answer CAN'T possibly be wrong. It's the right answer, very simply. It's just that the composer believes it's wrong because it's not the response he hoped for or expected. Also, it's a far stretch to say you "answered everything wrong." I'm not sure that's even possible, in reality.

And.....if the Good Lord wanted you to have a twin, He would have given one to you.

The results of your "failed" interview? Someone misses out on an excellent opportunity to get to know you better. His loss. Not to worry -- you can do better.... hug

04/05/2013 new

I hid some make-or-break questions in my quiz, but there are not any real wrong answers... Perhaps this is because I went more for humour than anything.

Rachel: I suspect that person should have phrased what he meant differently... it probably just meant, he felt no connection to your answers and/or he could never deal with that in a person (make-or-break) ?

Take mine!

04/06/2013 new

I mostly tried to make mine fun. I also tried to give each question an option that would let the girls off the hook if they didn't like any of the other options.

When the interviews first came out, you could asign point values to the answers (they were only known to you, not the person taking your interview). On those questions where I had a favorite answer (such as the all important question about one's favorite type of pizza), I gave that one 5 points. The next best I gave 4, and pretty much anything else got you 3 points. I only ever had one question where you got 0 points. I really didn't care if somebody got all 3's.

I think it's pretty hard to come up with a multiple choice questionaire to probe what kind of person is taking your interview - it's too hard for the real answer to be "none of the above" or "all" or "some." So I tried to make one that would be non-threatening and fun, while gaining a little bit of insight about the person.

04/06/2013 new

If you leave the last answer as OTHER, then if none of the previous answers fit ,you have given the person an out!
They can always tell you in a private e-mail what the "other" they had in mind was!

You might not have answered the answers the other person wanted, But you answered what applied to YOU!

04/06/2013 new

The interview questions do not have 'right' or 'wrong' answers......Whats your favorite dessert? is ask for an opinion not a fact and can be 'right' or 'wrong'.

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) Steven-958229 said: The interview questions do not have 'right' or 'wrong' answers......Whats ...
(Quote) Steven-958229 said:

The interview questions do not have 'right' or 'wrong' answers......Whats your favorite dessert? is ask for an opinion not a fact and can be 'right' or 'wrong'.

--hide--

The interview questions do not have 'right' or 'wrong' answers......Whats your favorite dessert? is ask for an opinion not a fact and NOT can be 'right' or 'wrong'.

04/06/2013 new

I strongly dislike anything that has a very limited scope, so I try to incorporate multiple options including a "what i think isn't listed, let me tell you..." options.

The idea that there can be a wrong answer in a personal interview is kind of assinine. Its supposed to be about the person clicking the answers, not the person asking them.

04/06/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Many interviews have identical questions -- more of a cookie-cutter approach. Nothing wrong with th...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Many interviews have identical questions -- more of a cookie-cutter approach. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't encourage a lot of participation. Not criticizing those who do this either. Not everyone is a brilliant writer or interviewer; people have to work within their capabilities, likes and dislikes.

Other interviews? It seems that many don't allow for a true answer. Multiple choices are given, but frequently NONE of them apply. It's tough to have to select an answer that isn't an accurate reflection.

Now for your concern, Rachel -- there are many questions that don't have a right or wrong answer. If you gave an honest answer to an honest question, then your answer CAN'T possibly be wrong. It's the right answer, very simply. It's just that the composer believes it's wrong because it's not the response he hoped for or expected. Also, it's a far stretch to say you "answered everything wrong." I'm not sure that's even possible, in reality.

And.....if the Good Lord wanted you to have a twin, He would have given one to you.

The results of your "failed" interview? Someone misses out on an excellent opportunity to get to know you better. His loss. Not to worry -- you can do better....

--hide--

Very, very well said, Ray! clap Chelle

04/06/2013 new

Now you know that the person who wrote the interview is narrow-minded and judgmental. Next! rolling eyes

Most often the interview gives more clues about the writer than about the responder.

Posts 1 - 10 of 29