Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 4th 2013 new

wide eyed The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah www.youtube.com

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah www.youtube.com

--hide--

Thank you Bernard. FASCINATING! VERY FASCINATING!

Apr 5th 2013 new

If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right?

And if I'm in a chartiable mood; You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right? *smilie face*

If I'm in a particuarly uncharitable mood: Catholic Church: Founded by Christ. Anglicans: Founded by a fat British, murderous adulter. Lutherans: founded by an excommunicated, anti-semitic man who fornicated. Which one are you part of again?

OR: So which one of the 40,000 Christian sects do you belong to? And tell me why you're in the right one?

Try as I might, even when I'm being chartitable I sound like a jerk. I just accept I'm as tactless as a punch in the face with a sack of hammers and move on. ^__^

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, r...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right?

And if I'm in a chartiable mood; You know the Bible's a Catholic book, right? *smilie face*

If I'm in a particuarly uncharitable mood: Catholic Church: Founded by Christ. Anglicans: Founded by a fat British, murderous adulter. Lutherans: founded by an excommunicated, anti-semitic man who fornicated. Which one are you part of again?

OR: So which one of the 40,000 Christian sects do you belong to? And tell me why you're in the right one?

Try as I might, even when I'm being chartitable I sound like a jerk. I just accept I'm as tactless as a punch in the face with a sack of hammers and move on. ^__^

--hide--

Naomi YOU ARE SO Brilliant! Sunrise

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Last night I attended my Parish Bible study on the book of Acts. I am loving everything I am lear...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Last night I attended my Parish Bible study on the book of Acts. I am loving everything I am learning in the study especially the up close view of St Paul and what he must have been like. Last night we were on Chapter 22 where Paul shares his conversion in Hebrew with the Jews and people present.

Our leader asked us to share oiur conversion stories. One story that was shared was about a woman who got her teaching credential in about 2006 or so and tried working in the public schools and did not like it but then went to a local Christian school where there is a high school included.

One day she was doing study hall and heard the teens stating that Catholics are not Christians. She let it go but later it was coming up again and she confronted the teens gently and said yes we are Christians. The next thing she knew a 16 year old was 12 inches from her face telling her she was going to hell. How the encounter ended was unclear but she stood her ground.
Word spread and over night 2/3 of parents had called the school threatening to remove their children because a Catholic was teaching there.
This woman agreed to resign, if that was what the board wanted. They passed out a tract that showed some history of a Baptist relationship to Catholics and the lady said she understaood when reading that tract why there was such hatred.

The board and the Principal did decide she had to resign( and not return after Christmas). She did that.

This is illegal in our state but this is what she went through. She told the story with grace and with poise. She stated that she went through a renewed conversion after this had happened.

I found this story to be amazing. Unfortunately, there is a lot of the small mindedness prevalent in this part of California where I now reside. Amazing that they felt they could get her to resign based on this fact and not be sued. and Amazing that they could be so adamant that she could disrupt the environment..

--hide--
At George Washington University's Catholic Student Center (their Newman Center), some students have begun a campaign to get rid of their Catholic Chaplain, Father Greg Shaffer. It seems Father had the audacity to preach the Catholic Church's teaching on abortion and homosexuality:

news.yahoo.com

Last year while gathering signatures as a circulator to have the "gay marriage" issue put on the ballot in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, I was discussing this anti-Catholic sentiment with another volunteer. Catholic teaching is being increasingly marginalized and being dismissed as "hate speech," and we agreed that the future for free speech does not look good.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah http://www.youtube.com...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The Physical Ashen Remains of Sodom & Gomorrah www.youtube.com

--hide--

Excellent video Bernard! thumbsup Thanks for sharing!

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: If I'm an unchartiable mood, I just respond with: You know the Bible's a Catholic book, r...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

--hide--
Naomi, sometimes a verbal smack upside the head is the only way to reach some folks.

Apr 5th 2013 new

Yes, ignorance on the Catholic faith leads people to ask those ignorant questions... :-(
If only people read up more about the history and doctrine and of the faith, long with attending a Catholic Church to see ...I think things would be slightly different at least.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: At George Washington University's Catholic Student Center (...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

At George Washington University's Catholic Student Center (their Newman Center), some students have begun a campaign to get rid of their Catholic Chaplain, Father Greg Shaffer. It seems Father had the audacity to preach the Catholic Church's teaching on abortion and homosexuality:

news.yahoo.com

Last year while gathering signatures as a circulator to have the "gay marriage" issue put on the ballot in the Peoples Republic of Maryland, I was discussing this anti-Catholic sentiment with another volunteer. Catholic teaching is being increasingly marginalized and being dismissed as "hate speech," and we agreed that the future for free speech does not look good.

--hide--

Fascism comes to America...I can see these guys marching in brownshirts carrying rainbow flags. Perhaps they'll serve as corporate America's reserve army of perverts.

Check out this: www.thepinkswastika.com

Apr 5th 2013 new

Hi Dan,

I love that you mentioned Paul Vitz. I love him and have the utmost repect for him. I am a psychology major and am 2 classes away from getting my

degree. I have had so many roadblocks. My stories would make your skin crawl. I wanted to get my M.S. in Psych. as well , but truly, the more I study

it, the more I see how secular and twisted it can be. My M.S. will be in Health Sciences instead. great Post, Dan!!

Posts 21 - 30 of 94