Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

The book, America the Beautiful, Rediscovering What Made America Great, by neurosurgeon, Dr. Benjamin Carson,
is a great book which describes how our current Government is trying to change the fabric of our country. He says
"Freedom of Speech" is extremely threatened, especially on college campuses.

Dr. Carson is a black surgeon, nationally famous, who has lived the American Dream. He feels that political
correctness is a burden for our society. He is worried about what is happening to America and wants to push
an agenda to bring our country back to its original ideologies--that were America's traditional values.

He recently spoke at a White House Prayer Breakfast. He was on the Mark Levin show a few days ago. The
interview was very informative.

Below is the interview by Mark Levin. Please listen. If you are worried about our country, this interview
will give you hope. Dr. Carson writes all about this in his book.

www.youtube.com

Apr 5th 2013 new

Marianne - Thank you for posting this information.

Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: Marianne - Thank you for posting this information.
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

Marianne - Thank you for posting this information.

--hide--

Did you listen to the interview? Wasn't it refreshing and hopeful? I felt so relieved after I heard it
on the radio. Unfortunately, whatever is going on in Washington, has nothing to do with what the
people (Americans) want. There is such a disconnect that it is scary.

Apr 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Did you listen to the interview? Wasn't it refreshing and hopeful? I felt so relieved after I ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Did you listen to the interview? Wasn't it refreshing and hopeful? I felt so relieved after I heard it
on the radio. Unfortunately, whatever is going on in Washington, has nothing to do with what the
people (Americans) want. There is such a disconnect that it is scary.

--hide--
Yes, that's how I experienced it. Calming. Reassuring. That there are good and principled men willing to take the bull by the horns and lead!

However, it's bitter-sweet because the field of pediatric neurology will lose a brilliant surgeon in the process. I guess God has a new mission for this honorable man....to battle the social and political demons attacking our beloved country.

May the Holy Spirit of God bless, protect, and guide him.
Apr 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, that's how I experienced it. Calming. Reassuring. That there are good and principled men willing...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, that's how I experienced it. Calming. Reassuring. That there are good and principled men willing to take the bull by the horns and lead!

However, it's bitter-sweet because the field of pediatric neurology will lose a brilliant surgeon in the process. I guess God has a new mission for this honorable man....to battle the social and political demons attacking our beloved country.

--hide--

Are you familiar with his medical works, Mary?

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, that's how I experienced it. Calming. Reassuring. That there are good and principled men willing to take...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes, that's how I experienced it. Calming. Reassuring. That there are good and principled men willing to take the bull by the horns and lead!

--hide--
A synopsis on Dr. Benjamin Carson:

"Carson is a Professor of Neurosurgery, Oncology, Plastic Surgery and Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University. He was inspired to pursue a career in medicine when he heard stories in church of missionary doctors and their ability to heal people physically, mentally, and spiritually. At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery. He is also a Co-Director of The Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center. Carson used to perform 450 - 500 surgeries per year, but has reduced his surgery load to approximately 350 per year as his scheduled speaking engagements have increased.

According to Johns Hopkins Hospital: "Dr. Carson focuses on traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia. He is also interested in maximizing the intellectual potential of every child."

Carson's hand-eye coordination and three-dimensional reasoning skills made him a gifted surgeon. After medical school, he became a neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Starting off as an adult neurosurgeon, Carson became more interested in pediatrics. He believed that with children, "what you see is what you get,... when they're in pain they clearly show it with a frown on their face or when they are happy they show it by smiling brightly."

Carson's other surgical innovations have included the first intrauterine procedure to relieve pressure on the brain of a hydrocephalic fetal twin, and a hemispherectomy, in which a young girl suffering from uncontrollable seizures had one half of her brain removed.

In 1987, Carson made medical history by being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins (the Binder twins) who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently."

en.wikipedia.org

www.hopkinsmedicine.org
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A synopsis on Dr. Benjamin Carson: "Carson is a Professor of Neurosurgery, Oncology,...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A synopsis on Dr. Benjamin Carson:

"Carson is a Professor of Neurosurgery, Oncology, Plastic Surgery and Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University. He was inspired to pursue a career in medicine when he heard stories in church of missionary doctors and their ability to heal people physically, mentally, and spiritually. At age 33, he became the youngest major division director in Johns Hopkins history, as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery. He is also a Co-Director of The Johns Hopkins Craniofacial Center. Carson used to perform 450 - 500 surgeries per year, but has reduced his surgery load to approximately 350 per year as his scheduled speaking engagements have increased.

According to Johns Hopkins Hospital: "Dr. Carson focuses on traumatic brain injuries, brain and spinal cord tumors, achondroplasia, neurological and congenital disorders, craniosynostosis, epilepsy and trigeminal neuralgia. He is also interested in maximizing the intellectual potential of every child."

Carson's hand-eye coordination and three-dimensional reasoning skills made him a gifted surgeon. After medical school, he became a neurosurgery resident at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. Starting off as an adult neurosurgeon, Carson became more interested in pediatrics. He believed that with children, "what you see is what you get,... when they're in pain they clearly show it with a frown on their face or when they are happy they show it by smiling brightly."

Carson's other surgical innovations have included the first intrauterine procedure to relieve pressure on the brain of a hydrocephalic fetal twin, and a hemispherectomy, in which a young girl suffering from uncontrollable seizures had one half of her brain removed.

In 1987, Carson made medical history by being the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins (the Binder twins) who had been joined at the back of the head (craniopagus twins). The 70-member surgical team, led by Carson, worked for 22 hours. At the end, the twins were successfully separated and can now survive independently."

en.wikipedia.org

www.hopkinsmedicine.org
--hide--

Mary: I had no idea the man I heard on the radio was so successful and so groundbreaking with his medical career.

Thank you so much for that information.

I hope other CM members will read it and be awakened by his brilliance.

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: A synopsis on Dr. Benjamin Carson: "Carson is...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: A synopsis on Dr. Benjamin Carson:

en.wikipedia.org

www.hopkinsmedicine.org

Mary: I had no idea the man I heard on the radio was so successful and so groundbreaking with his medical career.

Thank you so much for that information.

I hope other CM members will read it and be awakened by his brilliance.

--hide--
There's a movie about his life that everyone can watch.

Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story www.youtube.com

www.amazon.com
Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: There's a movie about his life that everyone can watch. Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story<...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: There's a movie about his life that everyone can watch.

Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story www.youtube.com

www.amazon.com
--hide--
And there's a documentary on his life as well -

www.youtube.com
Apr 6th 2013 new

You MUST SEE his very impressive speech at the White House Prayer Breakfast meeting. He was standing only about 10 feet away from President Obama as he delivered the speech. The expression on Obama's face really changed as the speech went on. Obama had nowhere to run and hide from his policies.

I would love to see his debate Obama on social and economic policies. I don't think that Obama would stand a chance against him

Ed

Posts 1 - 10 of 25