Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

The plain-spoken, pipe-smoking, bike-riding chaplain was credited with saving hundreds of soldiers during the Korean War. Kapaun (pronounced Kah-PAHWN) received the Distinguished Service Cross and many other medals. His exploits were chronicled in books, magazines and a TV show. A high school was named for him. His statue stands outside his former parish in tiny Pilsen, Kan.

www.foxnews.com

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: The plain-spoken, pipe-smoking, bike-riding chaplain was credited with saving hundreds of soldiers during...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

The plain-spoken, pipe-smoking, bike-riding chaplain was credited with saving hundreds of soldiers during the Korean War. Kapaun (pronounced Kah-PAHWN) received the Distinguished Service Cross and many other medals. His exploits were chronicled in books, magazines and a TV show. A high school was named for him. His statue stands outside his former parish in tiny Pilsen, Kan.

www.foxnews.com

--hide--

Peter, thanks for sharing. Father Kapaun was a wonderful man and he has been submitted for canonization. The Diocese of Wichita continues to honor him and their Vocation rate is outstanding. I have been to Pilsen, several times. It is a small world....

biggrin
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Peter, thanks for sharing. Father Kapaun was a wonderful man and he has been submitted for canoniz...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

Peter, thanks for sharing. Father Kapaun was a wonderful man and he has been submitted for canonization. The Diocese of Wichita continues to honor him and their Vocation rate is outstanding. I have been to Pilsen, several times. It is a small world....

--hide--
I remember reading about Father Kapaun years ago. He was a true hero, and perhaps with hope and prayer, a saint someday.

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I remember reading about Father Kapaun years ago. He was a true hero, and perhaps with hope and prayer, a saint...

I remember reading about Father Kapaun years ago. He was a true hero, and perhaps with hope and prayer, a saint someday.

--hide--

I hope so!!
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: The plain-spoken, pipe-smoking, bike-riding chaplain was credited with saving hundreds of s...

www.foxnews.com

--hide--

Thanks, Peter. I was stationed in Korea during Vietnam, when it was a lot safer. My three sons will be getting a copy of Father Kapauns story.

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: The plain-spoken, pipe-smoking, bike-riding chaplain was credited with saving hundreds of soldiers during...

www.foxnews.com

--hide--

Thanks Peter. That's awesome.
Apr 6th 2013 new

Thanks Peter, it is about time! I have read about this humble "saint" how brave! Let's pray for his sainthood. Praying

Posts 1 - 7 of 7