Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said: Basic and tried and true answer...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:
Quote:
Shara-929649 said:

Basic and tried and true answer is yes. If a guy is truly interested he will pursue no matter what is going on in his life.

To a point. I've come across a couple ladies that would only send something if I first sent something. This was at 20 messages.
--hide--
They are just playing hard to get Clair. wink

Apr 6th 2013 new

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "pursue". Do you mean you expect a guy will make the first move on here? If so, I think that's an interesting question. In most settings, the "good" guys don't pursue unless they know you're interested a little bit. I'm guessing the CM equivalent of a "look" or a "smile" in real life would be if someone "liked" one of my photos or sent me an emotigram. Seems like that would give me an indication that it was ok to contact her. If neither of those things show up and it just shows that she looked at my profile, I always assume (right or wrong) that she wasn't really interested. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's one guy's view. :-)

Apr 6th 2013 new

In what way is it not "all" true, do you think? scratchchin

Apr 6th 2013 new

Not true, in my experience.

Apr 6th 2013 new
(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:
(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:
--hide--

I think it's mostly true. But there a few painfully shy guys out there who might not- or so I've heard.
Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jarrod-583666 said: I suppose it depends on what you mean by "pursue". Do you mean you expect a guy will m...
(Quote) Jarrod-583666 said:

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "pursue". Do you mean you expect a guy will make the first move on here? If so, I think that's an interesting question. In most settings, the "good" guys don't pursue unless they know you're interested a little bit. I'm guessing the CM equivalent of a "look" or a "smile" in real life would be if someone "liked" one of my photos or sent me an emotigram. Seems like that would give me an indication that it was ok to contact her. If neither of those things show up and it just shows that she looked at my profile, I always assume (right or wrong) that she wasn't really interested. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it's one guy's view. :-)

--hide--

Well that's interesting to know! I went about here thinking that most guys take the hint with just a profile view. I recently bought a month just for fun, and haven't gotten hardly any messages...I thought that to be very odd. I think on the woman's end it's hard to find a balance between showing interest and letting the man pursue. For me it feels very forward to make the first connection with a guy, but it's igood to know I guess that most men won't take initiative without some interest.

Apr 6th 2013 new

Ladies can drop a hankie. But if a guy is truly beguiled, he will pursue.

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Basic and tried and true answer is yes. If a guy is truly interested he will pursue no m...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Basic and tried and true answer is yes. If a guy is truly interested he will pursue no matter what is going on in his life.

--hide--
Amen Shara!!! clap clap clap

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jarrod-583666 said: I suppose it depends on what you mean by "pursue". Do you mean you expect a guy will m...
(Quote) Jarrod-583666 said:

--hide--

hi Jarrod,

I hadn't thought about liking a profile pic. I have sent some emotigrams and gotten a few. I think I can still hear my father's voice in my head that good girls do not contact men, it was also my best friend's in high school philosophy, man's place to call and if he didn't then he wasn't interested or in her opinion worth the time, lol. Of course she never married, so who knows. :-)) I will try the like thing though. Lauren

Apr 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: hi Jarrod, I hadn't thought about liking a profile pic. I have sent some emo...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

hi Jarrod,

I hadn't thought about liking a profile pic. I have sent some emotigrams and gotten a few. I think I can still hear my father's voice in my head that good girls do not contact men, it was also my best friend's in high school philosophy, man's place to call and if he didn't then he wasn't interested or in her opinion worth the time, lol. Of course she never married, so who knows. :-)) I will try the like thing though. Lauren

--hide--

Good deal, Lauren. Good luck and God bless! :-)

Posts 11 - 20 of 123