Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 6th 2013 new

I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with that being said, it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ... If I had a family, I'd choose to stay, but as Chelle stated, as long as staying doesn't mess with my chances for heaven later ..

Apr 7th 2013 new

I'd stay here. There's a lot of souls that need being informed. I was thinking the other day I'd rather end up in Hell for whatever knowing that firey ramblings shocked someone into getting to know God.

Maybe I'm naive, but we're all here for a reason, I'm not about to give up 50 human years for someone's else's air conditioned eternity.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'd stay here. There's a lot of souls that need being informed. I was thinking the other ...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'd stay here. There's a lot of souls that need being informed. I was thinking the other day I'd rather end up in Hell for whatever knowing that firey ramblings shocked someone into getting to know God.

Maybe I'm naive, but we're all here for a reason, I'm not about to give up 50 human years for someone's else's air conditioned eternity.

--hide--
Well that was horrible, most daylight savings ending extra hour night shift grammar.

What I'm trying to say is I might say or do something that points someone towards God. If I go to Heaven right now then that person might end up in Hell. I'm not going to put my air conditioned eternity over someone else's.

We're all soliders, that's why we're called the Church Militant. Battles aren't won by soliders hanging out at the rec centre.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--
If the Good Lord didn't still want you here, you would NOT be here. It's all in His hands. We just here to carry on His work in the meantime.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: If the Good Lord didn't still want you here, you would NOT be here. It's all in His hands. ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

If the Good Lord didn't still want you here, you would NOT be here. It's all in His hands. We just here to carry on His work in the meantime.

--hide--

Not the question .... The question to be addressed is the hypothetical ...

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with ...

I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with that being said, it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ... If I had a family, I'd choose to stay, but as Chelle stated, as long as staying doesn't mess with my chances for heaven later ..

--hide--
Richard, we all have our ups and downs, but we DO have LIFE -- and we have it NOW. It's a gift from our Creator -- a very precious gift, indeed!!! Are we to say on a whim that we want to give back this gift so that we can have it easy?

We all want a heavenly reward, but it's up to us to do good on Earth, and the Good Lord with His final judgment.

If life is good, we want to continue to make it good. If we don't think it's good, then we still have work to do, don't we? The easy way out isn't always the better choice.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Not the question .... The question to be addressed is the hypothetical ...

Not the question .... The question to be addressed is the hypothetical ...

--hide--
I don't see a choice as being hyopthetically possible, given the nature of humanity, and God's plan for us. It's up to our Maker.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with ...

--hide--
If you say life here isn't so good, it would seem you're seeking to escape. It just doesn't work that way, Richard.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Heaven NOW.Nobody here needs me anymore.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Heaven NOW.

Nobody here needs me anymore.

--hide--
We need you around here -- to keep us focused. biggrin hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: My youngest daughter is only 8 and really needs me still. I guess I would regretfully ask to wai...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

My youngest daughter is only 8 and really needs me still. I guess I would regretfully ask to wait until my kids would be ready. But I really want heaven!

--hide--
Yes, Rachel -- you still have work to do here -- a purpose; the Good Lord needs you to be here right now.

Posts 11 - 20 of 117