Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said: I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:

I'd like to think I wuld say heaven, because life down here is not so good .. But even with that being said, it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ... If I had a family, I'd choose to stay, but as Chelle stated, as long as staying doesn't mess with my chances for heaven later ..

If you say life here isn't so good, it would seem you're seeking to escape. It just doesn't work that way, Richard.

--hide--

thumbsup No it does nto work that way. We are here to WORK OUT our salvation in fear and trembling. St Paul said all of this. Why is He a saint? Pray for Faith, Hope and Charity, Pray to understand and to even care to understand.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

I would hope that I would jump at the chance to get immediately to heaven.

This makes me think of the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's based on a true story of a German girl, who apparently suffered from demons as a sacrifice for the kingdom. She died a very holy death and her cause for canonization has been opened. There's a scene in the movie where Our Lady appears and offers to take her home immediately to heaven, but if she stays she would have the opportunity to bring many souls to the truth and earn graces through her sufferings. Ultimately, our lives on earth aren't for our own benefit, that's sort of a bonus. We're here to build up the body and bring others to Christ. Thatt's our call and our test, no?

Apr 7th 2013 new

I don't know how I would answer this as well. Part of me would want to go and be with my Pete again and all the others I love who are there. But, then I would look back and see my children and family and friends and not want them to feel the pain of losing me -- because it is really really not a good thing. I wonder every day why I am still here, why Pete was taken so early and what is it I am supposed to do that has not been done. Life is hard enough, every day we have to gird ourselves against an onslaught of negativity and hate from all points on the globe, seek and find and focus on the good and the beautiful lest we be swept up in the negative. For years this image has comforted me: to be sitting in front of Jesus with my head on his knee safe and loved and at peace, choosing the better part finally. Some days are most trying, there are so many broken, confused, hurt, hurtful, angry people in the world. But I refuse to be defeated by them, unfortunately most of them have not read my memo on not participating lol. If God offered me the chance to be wrapped in Pete's arms once again and hear his laugh and see his smile, it would be very very hard not to go. And, yet I should want to go first and foremost because I am going to be with God. So perhaps I am not ready to go. . .very hard question hypothetical or real.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elaine-525333 said: There is really no way to answer this question. Only God would decide this for us. We look forwa...
(Quote) Elaine-525333 said:

There is really no way to answer this question. Only God would decide this for us. We look forward to heaven but yet we look to address what Jesus wants us to do on our time here. Lets appreciate each that we have and give our prayer to Jesus our lord. Buts thing are in gods hands. This is something to really something thinking.

--hide--
Exactly, Elaine. It's not a viable question in the first place, as you see by my previous comments.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-901923 said: I would hope that I would jump at the chance to get immediately to heave...
(Quote) Michelle-901923 said:

I would hope that I would jump at the chance to get immediately to heaven.

This makes me think of the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's based on a true story of a German girl, who apparently suffered from demons as a sacrifice for the kingdom. She died a very holy death and her cause for canonization has been opened. There's a scene in the movie where Our Lady appears and offers to take her home immediately to heaven, but if she stays she would have the opportunity to bring many souls to the truth and earn graces through her sufferings. Ultimately, our lives on earth aren't for our own benefit, that's sort of a bonus. We're here to build up the body and bring others to Christ. Thatt's our call and our test, no?

--hide--
Are you sure you're only 22, Michelle? Lots of wisdom shown in your comments. biggrin

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: God asks us to stay here and grow in many ways and we are to cooperate with Him in His wi...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

God asks us to stay here and grow in many ways and we are to cooperate with Him in His will for us.

--hide--
Of course, Marian. He'll call us "home" when He's ready. In the meantime, we'd best keep busy doing His will.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said:..., it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:..., it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ...
--hide--
Praying that you can "let go" and trust God completely.

Then the idea of leaving this life (either via usual death or if He were to offer the choice) doesn't look so tough to do.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Oh, Pink Sistah -- been there, felt that! hug

Apr 7th 2013 new

Baby, I'd pay big money to get off here if it meant I had a CM gent to go home to.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: (Quote) Richard-15378 said:..., it still takes some guts to leave the only existe...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Quote:
Richard-15378 said:..., it still takes some guts to leave the only existence you've known ...

that you can "let go" and trust God completely.

Then the idea of leaving this life (either via usual death or if He were to offer the choice) doesn't look so tough to do.

--hide--

WHAT are these statements supposed to mean ? PLEASE explain.

WHAT exactly are you both referring to?

Posts 31 - 40 of 117