Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 7th 2013 new

I understand it says praying that you can let go. But the second part is not making sense..

Apr 7th 2013 new

I think that Richard is saying that, though he desires it, he has some level of fear about leaving earthly life (since this is all we know).

I know that I'm saying that going to heaven right now would be easy. I think it's a matter of, how much does one really trust God?

Apr 7th 2013 new

I am not bothered by the idea of leaving the present world.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I am not bothered by the idea of leaving the present world.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I am not bothered by the idea of leaving the present world.

--hide--
But on whose terms, Marge? Yours, or your Creator's?

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: He may only ask once...I would be front and center!
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

He may only ask once...I would be front and center!

--hide--
Amen

Apr 7th 2013 new

Hi Richard, I would want to live out my life here. My children have already lost their Dad; it would be devastating for them to suffer the loss of their Mom so early in their lives.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--
Just to reword previous thoughts a little bit.....This could be construed as a selfish act, with little or no regard for what or who is being left behind. It's taking the easy way out. If someone is feeling sorry for himself or not getting up after being knocked down, the offer might be more tempting. I think of Pope JP II who could have discontinued efforts to prolong his life, but he prolonged it as long as humanly possible out of respect for human life. That's a key element here. Catholics, according to a study (name of which I don't recall) have a tendency to "hang on" as long as possible. Is it because they fear the unknown? Not so, according to the study. It's because of the Catholic view of the value of human life.

Could be really be sure such an offer is coming from a heavenly source? If you dig deeper into the questions, you could discover that the offer is satanic (from the wolf in sheep's clothing, no less).

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--
The 2005 film, The Exorcism of Emily Rose was based loosely upon the true story of Anneliese Michel, a young devout German Catholic who began experiencing demonic possession in the early 70's. While I do not know how much of the movie was based upon eyewitness accounts and testimony taken from the real trial, I remember one scene in which Fr. Moore, the priest who attempted the exorcism, read a letter written by the title character, Emily Rose. In the letter, Emily recounted a vision in which she was visited by the Blessed Mother who tells her the demons will not leave her, but she can leave her body and end her suffering. However, the Blessed Mother also tells Emily that if she returns to her body, she will help to prove to the world that God and the devil are real. Emily chooses to return, concluding the letter by saying: "People say that God is dead. But how can they think that if I show them the devil?". If Annelise Michel was also presented with the same offer and made the same decision, her place in Heaven is undoubtedly secured and she should be venerated as a saint (IMO).

In response to your original question my response to this offer would be to ask our Lord if I would best serve Him by continuing in this life. Otherwise, I would choose Heaven without hesitation.

Apr 7th 2013 new
Selfishness is in the heart of this question. Following the example Christ gave us in the garden, "If there is any way let this cip pass me by. Not my will, but yours be done."

If we selfishly choose the easy way out who in purgatory is cheated the merits of the redemptive suffering we will, may, offer? True love is sacrifice.

Mother Abgelica also answered this on her live show once with: The longer we stay here we learn more about God. The more we learn here the greater the reward that waits for us in heaven.

Looking at Bible verses about we are saved by faith alone, NOT~, I found one that said the same. I can't find it back though? irked

In example, if I would have let my brain cancer win thirteen years ago there would be one less marriage and at least one child not born. I was told by her my friendship developed over CM was half of the help she needed to overcome thoughts of suicide! How great is it to be used as God's tool?

rosary Clair

OGMBC
Apr 7th 2013 new
I would Defiantly remain here; 1, my children need their mother 2, there is still so much to experience 3, I still feel I haven't earned my place in heaven
Posts 41 - 50 of 117