Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 7th 2013 new

Yes, it's true and I think that the opposite is true to a point as well. But I totally agree, ya just gotta pray about it. God will place someone on your heart and you on his biggrin

Apr 7th 2013 new

Depends, in the virtual world I think there are different rules. If someone looks at my profile and doesn't sent a wink or something I will assume they are not interested. If I don't get a response to a message I sent I assume that is the end of the story usually. I don't want to come off al a stalker or weirdo so I just move on. Just like fishing I guess. Sometimes you only get a bite, sometimes they are on the hook and get away, but eventually you will catch one! ;-)

Apr 7th 2013 new

Hi Gary,
What you say is true. In today's society it is difficult to meet others. I am basically shy and would not be able to be the aggressor in a relationship.

Freindship is easy. When I see someone I may be interested in it would be hard for me to approach this person. Someone on this forum posted that

"Interest has feet". I would like to be the type of woman who could walk up to a man if I am interested. When someone smiles at me or talks to me if I

am in a social gathering I have no problem letting them know that I would like to get tp know them better. I am getting pickier and I try and keep

myself from going too much in that direction. I see so many of my friends that have such heavy criteria in the " dating world". is that inevitable as we

get older?????

Apr 7th 2013 new
Yes...its is,if someone is interested with someone they well go the extra mile.
Apr 7th 2013 new

This is a simple one to answer....YES! That is how God set it up in all of nature:) The male pursues the female lovestruck!

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: Hi Gary,What you say is true. In today's society it is difficult to meet others. I am...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

Hi Gary,
What you say is true. In today's society it is difficult to meet others. I am basically shy and would not be able to be the aggressor in a relationship.

Freindship is easy. When I see someone I may be interested in it would be hard for me to approach this person. Someone on this forum posted that

"Interest has feet". I would like to be the type of woman who could walk up to a man if I am interested. When someone smiles at me or talks to me if I

am in a social gathering I have no problem letting them know that I would like to get tp know them better. I am getting pickier and I try and keep

myself from going too much in that direction. I see so many of my friends that have such heavy criteria in the " dating world". is that inevitable as we

get older?????

--hide--

I can't really tell a woman what to do -- I'm single! (And for that joke, I will remain so!)

I don't think it's necessary for a woman to learn to make the first move. Some women just DO have that personality, and some don't. If that's not you, don't beat yourself up over it. Accept challenges in life. Stretch. Grow. But to ask how assertive women "should" be? Oh boy. Ask yourself: how assertive do you want to be in the relationship itself? How much do you want to be the one who keeps the marriage afloat on the big questions?

If you are traditional and you want a man who will handle the traditional male burdens as well as privileges, then making the first move probably isn't right for you. Although, as I said to Stacey: emotigrams don't count as a real "move". Do that, if you're comfortable with it. But if making the first move is something you're just not comfortable with, you know what? THAT'S FINE. Please don't feel inadequate or guilty for that.

The one thing that makes dating complicated is that we don't all know what we're doing, or what we "should" be doing. But whatever we're doing, someone will tell us it's wrong. There's no winning! It's kind of like parenting books. Oh, goodness. *You can never win with parenting books*. Same deal.

I think some people become pickier with age, which probably isn't a good thing. We grow far too comfortable in our independence which makes us much more resistant to marriage. The more we have the "what's in it for ME?" shopping mentality of dating, the less our minds are geared on the mutual self-sacrifice that is at the core of the marital commitment.

Anyway, I wish you blessings on this wonderful Mercy Sunday. Be blessed, and be encouraged.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: If a man is interested he will break down doors and walls for the woman he desires. That'...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

If a man is interested he will break down doors and walls for the woman he desires. That's how I look at it and will settle for nothing but this kind of

man!

--hide--

I agree. I don't make the first move. If you look at my profile, contact me if you like what you see... Lol

Apr 7th 2013 new

I'm not so sure about that.

Personally, I'm not as interested in pursuing a woman if she gives me some very mixed signals early on. Maybe it's because I deal in a black-and-white work environment as an engineer, but I really don't have the patience or the discernment to deal with confusion and uncertainty in an important matter like this.

Apr 7th 2013 new

I think generally, men will pursue when interested.

I do believe some men could be shy and it may take a few tries but he will work that out if he's really interested. Shyness goes both ways, though, and some women are shy and/or oblivious, especially if the guy's pursuit is somewhat tentative.

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:
(Quote) Stacey-733420 said:
--hide--

yes

Posts 61 - 70 of 123