Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Sam-427739 said: Could be when a student was staring at me while I was talking. He said, "Miss, do you have those line...
(Quote) Sam-427739 said: Could be when a student was staring at me while I was talking. He said, "Miss, do you have those lines between your eyes because you're mad or because you're old?" I laughed so hard I could barely breathe! I told him I was old, but that's ok because it makes me smart.

--hide--

Reading all these postings from so many kids I feel I am in an alternate universe.

Its bad enough when someone in their 50's is talking about being old. But really late 20's, 30's and 40's think they are old?

If you feel old now, what will you "children" fell like at my age?

Apr 7th 2013 new

[/quote]

Lucky. hug

To a 15 year old, anyone old enough to buy liquor looks old. I'm content as I am.
Apr 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Reading all these postings from so many kids I feel I am in an alternate universe. Its bad enough ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Reading all these postings from so many kids I feel I am in an alternate universe.

Its bad enough when someone in their 50's is talking about being old. But really late 20's, 30's and 40's think they are old?

--hide--

You've held up well, Paul. Of course my kids tell me that and I tell them, thanks (I think)!

My granny used to tell me when she was 60 that she still felt in mind and spirit as if she were 35; that it was only when she looked in the mirror that she realized she was not. I can testify to her youthful spirit, though. It never left her even unto her death.

Apr 7th 2013 new

Hmmm...there have been a few "A-ha" moments when I realized that although I feel younger than my years, I wasn't considered young by others:

The first time I was "ma'am-ed". When my hair dresser suggested covering my grey. When one of my daughter's friends suggested I was too old to listen to Ozzy. (I reminded her that my generation had him first!) And lately the print on OTC meds seems to have become quite tiny...bring on the "cheaters"! eyepopping
Apr 7th 2013 new

My grandmother used to say "Don't worry the first 100 years are the hardest!"

Apr 7th 2013 new

I'm definitely young at heart but had reality check recently. I was talking to a guy and we were hitting it off. Until I found out he was 24, and he found out how OLD I was! For a second, I wondered if I could be a Puma (I don't quite fit the Cougar category just yet). I just had to laugh!

Apr 7th 2013 new
I felt old when my first class of fourth graders got to college...yikes...I'm going to stop thinking about that now...it's depressing! I think I will crawl back into my cave of denial now!
Apr 8th 2013 new

You know what? I feel younger now than I did in my 20's and 30's. It must have been the considerable amount of ongoing stress I was under at the time, for I have no other explanation. I remember when I was 28 repeatedly thinking and saying that I felt more like I was 82 then 28.

Granted the joints scream at me now sometimes and the first few steps after getting out of bed, it takes a few steps for all the bones in my feet to recall how they are all supposed to fit & work together - but all-in-all, now my soul and my spirit fly higher than they ever have before! cloudnine

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”? Was it a particular a...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”?

Was it a particular age or birthday? Could it have been an awkward social situation?

I know some of the younger folks may have not reached that point in their life yet (and maybe some of the older folks either ).

So for the youngsters, at what age do you think someone officially becomes old?

--hide--

You realize how old you are not through your own age, but through the ages of your children. My age first hit me when I was sitting in the gym bleachers watching my two oldest (twins), graduate from high school. I thought to myself.....I just graduated from HS, how could I have kids that just did!!

I like old age, my goal at this point is to try and match the maturity level of my grandchildren.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Brett-848238 said: At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”? Was it a particular a...
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

At what age did you realize that “Wow, I really am old”?

Was it a particular age or birthday? Could it have been an awkward social situation?

I know some of the younger folks may have not reached that point in their life yet (and maybe some of the older folks either ).

So for the youngsters, at what age do you think someone officially becomes old?

--hide--

I was worried at 30. I was worried at 40. I am beginning to think "old" is a mindset. Sure, at 41, there are moments I FEEL old. A few more aches than when I was younger. Life experiences remind me of time I lost and can't get back - is that truly "age" or maturity?

Posts 21 - 30 of 73