Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Steven-924301 said: I do have some scars from a rather bad dog bite in my early 20s - that was one reason I grew it. It w...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

I do have some scars from a rather bad dog bite in my early 20s - that was one reason I grew it. It was that, or claim dueling scars from my (imaginary) student days in Heidelberg. Dimples, I have no idea!

--hide--
Are those stories an extension of the preverbal big fish story? You do look a little like Paul Bunyan. Eileen
Apr 2nd 2013 new

I've been working the night shift for several months and last week took the floating shift which brought me to work during daylight hours. Not only is it a shock to see the sunlight, it was also a shock to see how a policy change affected many of the men I work with. I have never seen so many men sporting a Van Dyke. But, they are growing them; it's like a virus...it just spreads and spreads. A few keep them neatly trimmed...others...look like refugees from crocodile hunters ..or the really scruffy looking Brad Pitt.

Apr 7th 2013 new

In 1975 for the bicenntenial celebration of our country, my husband grew a beard. At my request he would wear the beard the rest of his life. My husband of 50 years was laid to rest with his always well groomed beard. So I guess you can say I LIKE MEN WITH FACIAL HAIR

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: I respectfully disagree with the comparison of men with facial hair to women with make u...
(Quote) David-903579 said:

I respectfully disagree with the comparison of men with facial hair to women with make up. Totally different. The hair on my face is natural.
The opposite of your assertion could be stated, that men who shave are hiding their natural appearance. Where do hair styles enter in? If I grow a pony tail does that make me a rebel? Chic? A convict? An intellect? Effeminate? Who makes those judgments? Why does it matter anyway? Maybe I grow it because my dear uncle had one, or I am playing a part in a play with a bearded character, or my wife likes it, or my daughter,
or it's experimental, or a million other reasons? Does it have to be a mask?
I do agree though that the true self is defined by something far more important than any physical appearance, which matters so very little. But can't my beard just be a beard? Why can't a man's natural appearance include or exclude facial hair? This thread has proven that some women like it for that reason, some women dislike it for this reason.

Certainly women who use make up are hiding their natural appearance; enhancement to some, detraction to others. But make up is not natural, facial hair on men is!

Then again, women also tweeze their eyebrows (and their mustaches and beards that God gave them) so men do not have to look at them in their natural appearance.

--hide--

Apr 8th 2013 new

Then again, women tweeze their eyebrows (along with their mustaches and beards) AND they shave (or wax) their legs. They do these things because men do NOT want to look at them in the natural state that God made them!

Apr 8th 2013 new

Ach, Heidelberg! faint

Apr 8th 2013 new

Somehow I missed this. Do tell!

Apr 8th 2013 new

I dont have a preference... I just like men! ha! ha! ha!

I like both and also long haired men as well. I have never dated a man that has a braid or pony tail but I think I would be willing.

For me I would rather worry about other things than how a man acts and his spirituality.

Apr 10th 2013 new
I visited Heidelberg (and its university) shortly after graduating college, and thought grad school there would be a great experience and resume enhancer. My academics were sufficient and the finances were tenuous but doable, but the student visa and other government obstructions killed it off. At the time, student duels were uncommon but still happening, thus the thought of palming off facial scars as resulting from student days at U. Heidelberg...I already had the beard.
Apr 10th 2013 new

www.ibtimes.com

I'm OK with a nicely, well-trimmed beard, but I am not OK with a lady with a beard laughing eyepopping

Posts 111 - 120 of 123