Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Yes we should definitely act more like brothers and sisters than like enemies. Follow in Jesus footsteps.
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Yes we should definitely act more like brothers and sisters than like enemies. Follow in Jesus footsteps.

--hide--

Acting like brothers and sisters does not mean that we do not admonish our brother or sister when time is necessary. And I agree, we have to follow in Jesus' footsteps. All of them, even the ones which we would rather ignore.

Jesus said:

"Go therefore, making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the + Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them *all* that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you even unto the end of the age."

Notice He said "All"----not just the ones we would rather ignore, including the Holy Eucharist, the priesthood, sanctity of marriage and of life, etc.
Apr 8th 2013 new
*including, not "not".
Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: Acting like brothers and sisters does not mean that we do not admonish our brother or sister when...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

Acting like brothers and sisters does not mean that we do not admonish our brother or sister when time is necessary. And I agree, we have to follow in Jesus' footsteps. All of them, even the ones which we would rather ignore.

Jesus said:

"Go therefore, making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the + Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, teaching them *all* that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you even unto the end of the age."

Notice He said "All"----not just the ones we would rather ignore, including the Holy Eucharist, the priesthood, sanctity of marriage and of life, etc.
--hide--
I agree with you Paul. It's just that too often we tend to see what separates us more than what unites us. Jesus could have focused on the errors people did, but He didn't. That might be a clue to us.

Apr 8th 2013 new
[quote]Peter-933860 said:

I agree with you Paul. It's just that too often we tend to see what separates us more than what unites us. Jesus could have focused on the errors people did, but He didn't. That might be a clue to us.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lilia-959452 said: (Quote) Peter-933860 said: I agree with you Paul. It's just that too often we...
(Quote) Lilia-959452 said: [quote]Peter-933860 said:

--hide--

What beyond beying human and baptized even unites those who profess to be Catholic to those who profess to be protestant?

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: What beyond beying human and baptized even unites those who profess to be Catholic to t...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

What beyond beying human and baptized even unites those who profess to be Catholic to those who profess to be protestant?

--hide--
Chelsea, do you honestly think that there are more that separates us than unites us?

Apr 8th 2013 new

it must be hard to be a Protestant and have only sola sciptura

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-828727 said: it must be hard to be a Protestant and have only sola sciptura
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

it must be hard to be a Protestant and have only sola sciptura

--hide--
Nah, I didn't think it was hard.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Lilia-959452 said: I've seen lately on FB, many posts from Catholics against Protestants trying to lecture ones to othe...
(Quote) Lilia-959452 said: I've seen lately on FB, many posts from Catholics against Protestants trying to lecture ones to other about their " mistakes" in their respective teachings that BTW are endless discussions followed by insults, Shouldn't we be praying ones for others? Shouldn't we act more like brothers instead oh hitting us with the Bible?
--hide--

In a word, yes. heart

Apr 8th 2013 new

A statement I once heard, We are more seporate on Sunday mornings then any other time because we go to our seporate Churches.

Posts 11 - 20 of 189