Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them.

Really, guys, what is the reason for not having a picture? I can't understand why someone would do that on a dating site.

All I can think of is

1) just haven't scanned it in here yet. So it's not that they don't have a picture, they just don't have a picture yet.

2) my job is too important and someone who knows me from work might see me. Hmmm, okay....if you are in public office maybe....

3) I don't have any good pictures and I don't plan to do anything about that for some dating site.

4) I don't want to be flooded out with emails from women because I am so attractive. I'll be the judge of that! :P

Or ?

I mean really, what is the deal?

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the r...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Really, guys, what is the reason for not having a picture? I can't understand why someone would do that on a dating site.

All I can think of is

1) just haven't scanned it in here yet. So it's not that they don't have a picture, they just don't have a picture yet.

2) my job is too important and someone who knows me from work might see me. Hmmm, okay....if you are in public office maybe....

3) I don't have any good pictures and I don't plan to do anything about that for some dating site.

4) I don't want to be flooded out with emails from women because I am so attractive. I'll be the judge of that! :P

Or ?

--hide--

There are many women who do not post pictures, either.

I have pics, just not as my profile. My profile pic was noticed at work and my town does not comprehend the concept of a never been married fortysomething man. Rather than let it become a topic at work I pulled it. Now an account is needed to view my pics.

On a related note CM has been locking the "Why don't (men/women) do...." threads due to their antagonistic effect so this one may be closed soon.

Apr 8th 2013 new

Thanks for the warning!

Apr 8th 2013 new

And I should have clarified not having any pictures, not just a profile picture.

Apr 8th 2013 new

Count me among those who answer #4. laughing

Seriously ... for the longest time I posted photos in my photo gallery, but didn't include one as the main photo in my profile. Never gave it much thought, to be honest. I figured I want women to read my profile and get interested in me (or not) before viewing my photo.

I changed my approach when I realized that a lot of people include the presence of a profile photo in their search parameters.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the r...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

All I can think of is

Or ?

--hide--
No. 4 Pat, and I kid you not. I simply had to remove my profile picture as I got angry e-mails from the CM-head office that the flood of messages to my inbox almost caused the CM servers to crash. It was ugly. wink

Apr 8th 2013 new

Maybe it is because the picture may not match the definition of "slender" or "athletic" ???

Most men sure do want to see pics of ladies....

Apr 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the reason ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

All I can think of is

Or ?

--hide--

I recently read a profile of a man (with no photos) who said he had no photos up because he refused to be judged by a picture. scratchchin

I do, however, understand people's apprehension about annonimity. I actually have personal information in my profile that I wouldn't normally discuss with people in my everyday life- even my friends (who are not practicing Catholics).
Apr 8th 2013 new

a fool for sure

Apr 8th 2013 new
Who one is, is one is and, God-made.

Everyone's value is infinite....
Posts 1 - 10 of 105