Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them.

Really, guys, what is the reason for not having a picture? I can't understand why someone would do that on a dating site.

All I can think of is

1) just haven't scanned it in here yet. So it's not that they don't have a picture, they just don't have a picture yet.

2) my job is too important and someone who knows me from work might see me. Hmmm, okay....if you are in public office maybe....

3) I don't have any good pictures and I don't plan to do anything about that for some dating site.

4) I don't want to be flooded out with emails from women because I am so attractive. I'll be the judge of that! :P

Or ?

I mean really, what is the deal?

04/08/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the r...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Really, guys, what is the reason for not having a picture? I can't understand why someone would do that on a dating site.

All I can think of is

1) just haven't scanned it in here yet. So it's not that they don't have a picture, they just don't have a picture yet.

2) my job is too important and someone who knows me from work might see me. Hmmm, okay....if you are in public office maybe....

3) I don't have any good pictures and I don't plan to do anything about that for some dating site.

4) I don't want to be flooded out with emails from women because I am so attractive. I'll be the judge of that! :P

Or ?

--hide--

There are many women who do not post pictures, either.

I have pics, just not as my profile. My profile pic was noticed at work and my town does not comprehend the concept of a never been married fortysomething man. Rather than let it become a topic at work I pulled it. Now an account is needed to view my pics.

On a related note CM has been locking the "Why don't (men/women) do...." threads due to their antagonistic effect so this one may be closed soon.

04/08/2013 new

Thanks for the warning!

04/08/2013 new

And I should have clarified not having any pictures, not just a profile picture.

04/08/2013 new

Count me among those who answer #4. laughing

Seriously ... for the longest time I posted photos in my photo gallery, but didn't include one as the main photo in my profile. Never gave it much thought, to be honest. I figured I want women to read my profile and get interested in me (or not) before viewing my photo.

I changed my approach when I realized that a lot of people include the presence of a profile photo in their search parameters.

04/08/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the r...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

All I can think of is

Or ?

--hide--
No. 4 Pat, and I kid you not. I simply had to remove my profile picture as I got angry e-mails from the CM-head office that the flood of messages to my inbox almost caused the CM servers to crash. It was ugly. wink

04/08/2013 new

Maybe it is because the picture may not match the definition of "slender" or "athletic" ???

Most men sure do want to see pics of ladies....

04/08/2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Maybe as many women don't either, but I don't notice them. Really, guys, what is the reason ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

All I can think of is

Or ?

--hide--

I recently read a profile of a man (with no photos) who said he had no photos up because he refused to be judged by a picture. scratchchin

I do, however, understand people's apprehension about annonimity. I actually have personal information in my profile that I wouldn't normally discuss with people in my everyday life- even my friends (who are not practicing Catholics).
04/08/2013 new

a fool for sure

04/08/2013 new
Who one is, is one is and, God-made.

Everyone's value is infinite....
Posts 1 - 10 of 105