Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/08/2013 new

I think for me personally......given the close calls I've had....I would prefer to live out my life the normal way. I think God has designs on us and His work is only done when we die.~ (just MHO)

04/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--
I believe I'm here on earth for a reason and it is not up to me to decide when my time here is up. Why am I here? To learn what love is and decide if I want to love.

So no, if given the choice here and now, I wouldn't give up my time here.

04/08/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: .... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... wha...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

.... to either go to heaven right at the moment ...or, to live out the rest of your life ... what would you choose? It seems that if heaven is our goal, what we're all working for, well then .... But would we give up our life immediately to get it? Hmmm ...

Of course, this is all hypothetical,of course!

--hide--

Well if Billy Joel is correct, and "Only the Good Die Young" I won't have to worry about a call to heaven anytime soon!! scratchchin shhh laughing

04/08/2013 new

Hi Peter!

I used to believe that when I heard it on the radio! But now that I have 'lived' a bit...I know that is so untrue. Besides, Catholics believe that Our

Blessed Mother died and was Assumed intoi heaven in her seventies!!!! So much for 'only the good die young'!!! Thought provoking response Peter,

God bless!

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said: I used to believe that when I heard it on the radio! But now that I have 'lived' a bi...
(Quote) Elizabeth-726465 said:

I used to believe that when I heard it on the radio! But now that I have 'lived' a bit...I know that is so untrue.

--hide--

I know it's not true as well (one need look no further then Bl. JPII for a recent example), just an attempt to bring some humour into the discussion.

04/09/2013 new

I hope my answer would be "May it be done unto me according to Thy will."

04/09/2013 new
If God will bring you too it he will bring you through it!!!
04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hey everyone, If you won the lottery, would you cash in the ticket?
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hey everyone,

If you won the lottery, would you cash in the ticket?
--hide--
AMEN clap

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Susan-940526 said: AMEN
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

AMEN

--hide--

Lol Thanks Susan. I'm glad you can see the innocent humor in that.
04/09/2013 new

Are you sure? Because you still have he gift of life, the Lord has important work for you to do. There are people on earth that only you can serve. Remember you do have the Lord's gifts. With all the hard times you have suffered, you understand others who suffer the same way, with the same struggle. Go service others that suffer like you. This is your gift to the Lord. Keep the faith.Know the Lord's peace. As far as heaven, you will get there is due time, but you still important work to do.

God Bless,

John

Posts 81 - 90 of 117