Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I just noticed a New Member here, that I know, who on his profile stated: "DIVORCED" and "IN PROCESS OF ANNULLMENT".

I know for a fact that he is in the PROCESS of divorce (because his wife summitted the papers), and HAS NOT worked on his annullment!

I find this very disturbing! How can anyone in good conscience come on this site and flat out lie? It is beyond me!

How can God bless anything that starts out as a lie?? What is also sad is the man's wife (I say wife because they are still married and were married in the Catholic Church, even though she is not Catholic), also has told her boyfriend that she is divorced and is keeping the recent, actual filing of the papers a secret! They have been dating for a while.

I would hate to think this man finds a woman here on CM and continues these lies and this woman gets hurt. We are all sisters and brothers in Christ here, and the thought of someone getting their heart broken, because of this lie, would devast me. So, I am in the process of letting CM know....

All this saddens me! I feel for their young child and ask for prayers for this child and the family.

What are your thoughts???

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Veronica-56352 said: I just noticed a New Member here, that I know, who on his profile stated: "DIVORCED" ...
(Quote) Veronica-56352 said:

I just noticed a New Member here, that I know, who on his profile stated: "DIVORCED" and "IN PROCESS OF ANNULLMENT".

I know for a fact that he is in the PROCESS of divorce (because his wife summitted the papers), and HAS NOT worked on his annullment!

I find this very disturbing! How can anyone in good conscience come on this site and flat out lie? It is beyond me!

How can God bless anything that starts out as a lie?? What is also sad is the man's wife (I say wife because they are still married and were married in the Catholic Church, even though she is not Catholic), also has told her boyfriend that she is divorced and is keeping the recent, actual filing of the papers a secret! They have been dating for a while.

I would hate to think this man finds a woman here on CM and continues these lies and this woman gets hurt. We are all sisters and brothers in Christ here, and the thought of someone getting their heart broken, because of this lie, would devast me. So, I am in the process of letting CM know....

All this saddens me! I feel for their young child and ask for prayers for this child and the family.

--hide--

Veronica,

I totally agree. It is an abomination. I feel far too many people don't consider anything a sin. They live their everyday lives thinking if it feels good or fits their lifestyle, just do it.

You did the proper thing in reporting it to administration. Whether it is this site or any other, CM just does not have the resources to check every fact on each subscriber. They depend heavily on people as you and me to bring those facts to their attention.

I know you would not do this but for all in general, make 100% sure your facts are accurate. Not just what someone told you.

Veronica, this is off-topic but I am getting tired of using the air conditioner one day and having to use the heater the next. According to the weather guru's, that is what is in store for us in the next two days.

Blessings always, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Veronica-56352 said: I just noticed a New Member here, that I know, who on his profile stated: "DIVORCED" ...
(Quote) Veronica-56352 said:

--hide--

It is against CM rules for anyone who does not have a final divorce decree to have a general CM membership account (there are a very few married members who are admins/staff, blog ot article writers, etc., but they use the site for a very specific function, which does not include dating purposes.)

Since, like the rest of us, the CM staff are not mind readers and they are not able to read every forum post for evidence of people misrepresenting their marital status when they register on the site, they need our help. If you encounter a situation where it appears someone does not meet the membership requirements, please submit a Help ticket, being sure to include the member number. The Customer Service staff will take care of it from there.

Thanks,
Jerry

Apr 9th 2013 new

Thanks for your reply, Leon! Always nice to hear from you!

Yes, I checked my resources before I did anything. Thank you.

Thank God for central air and heating! hehe!!!! Another day in Houston! :o)

All God's blessings to you Leon. Veronica theheart

Apr 9th 2013 new

Already done, Jerry.

You are right, it is up to us on CM to let you all know what is going on out there "in the world". And it is a sad world out there, sometimes!

Thank you and God bless.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5