Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

The Pill Kills

04/09/2013 new

The Life Threatening Medical Consequences of Oral Contraceptives
or
estrogen-progestin combination drugs

Abortion and Breast Cancer Link.

Watch the videos.

www.bcpinstitute.org

04/09/2013 new

What really annoys all sorts of living steak out of me is when people are against vaccinations because they give you MMR or AIDS or whatever and don't go to KFC because of the chicken hormones, yet they'll happily pop the Pill daily.

Pill has KILLED way more and caused more complications than vaccinations and KFC.

The way they developed and tested the Pill and other hormonal contraceptives is really quite repugnant.

04/09/2013 new

I would say that the Pill, vaccinations and KFC are all about the same. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The natural way is the best, without any chemicals.

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: I would say that the Pill, vaccinations and KFC are all about the same. Everyone is entitled to ...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

I would say that the Pill, vaccinations and KFC are all about the same. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The natural way is the best, without any chemicals.

--hide--
Since all chemicals are natural, that is a bit of a contradiction. wink

04/09/2013 new

Here's another link that supports it.

www.cancer.gov

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: Here's another link that supports it. www.cancer.gov.
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

Here's another link that supports it.

www.cancer.gov

--hide--
Anything we put in our bodies can kill us. What differs is the dose needed and the time it takes.

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Since all chemicals are natural, that is a bit of a contradiction.
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

Since all chemicals are natural, that is a bit of a contradiction.

--hide--

There are many, many chemical compounds that are synthesized in laboratories and not found in nature. The chemical elements these compounds are composed of are found in nature, but that does not make the compounds natural.

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: There are many, many chemical compounds that are synthesized in laboratories and not foun...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

There are many, many chemical compounds that are synthesized in laboratories and not found in nature. The chemical elements these compounds are composed of are found in nature, but that does not make the compounds natural.

--hide--
The popular science definition of natural is, in principal, what can be found in our neighbourhood. If we dissect the term "natural" properly we'll likely come to another conclusion.

In the universe there is a lot of stuff we can't create as well as on this planet and inside ourselves. No laws of nature have been broken to create that stuff. We can create stuff in our laboratories which is, most likely, not found anywhere else. But, as no laws of nature have been broken to create that laboratory stuff it is erroneous to label it unnatural. We simply can't create anything outside what the laws of nature allows.

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Peter-933860 said: Since all chemicals are natural, that is a bit o...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Peter-933860 said:

Since all chemicals are natural, that is a bit of a contradiction.

--hide--

I think Peter might have made his point better if he had pointed out that ALL MATTER is made up of chemicals. Remember Star Trek: The Motion Picture when the Ilia-probe referred to humans as "carbon-based units"?

04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I think Peter might have made his point better if he had pointed out that ALL MATTER ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I think Peter might have made his point better if he had pointed out that ALL MATTER is made up of chemicals. Remember Star Trek: The Motion Picture when the Ilia-probe referred to humans as "carbon-based units"?

--hide--
Not to be nit picking here but not all matter is made up from chemicals. Far from actually. Chemicals is atoms in various combination but there are for example far more neutrinos in the universe than atoms. And neutrinos have mass and is a fundamental part of all matter but isn't part of any atom. Then we have the mysterious dark matter which we haven't a clue what it is but there is far, far more of it in the universe than ordinary matter such as atoms and neutrinos.

Posts 1 - 10 of 44