Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII, shot down in France! The stories he would tell!!!!
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII, shot down in France! The stories he would tell!!!!

--hide--

Wow, glad he made it out alive. United States Flag
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I think that what amazes the women is that the guys have bothered to memorize lines from the truly stupid ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I think that what amazes the women is that the guys have bothered to memorize lines from the truly stupid movies, not from the more sophisticated ones....

--hide--

But that's the ones that entertain them . . . think 14 year old. And NO I was not insulting men by calling them 14 year old's, I just know their sense of humor is usually a little more "young."
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Charlie: Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong? Maverick: Yes maam, the data on ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Charlie: Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?

Maverick: Yes maam, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.

Charlie: Hows that, Lieutenant?

Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG 28 do a

Goose: We!

Maverick: Uh, sorry Goose. WE happened to see a MiG 28 do a 4g negative dive.

Charlie: Where did you see this?

Maverick: Uh, thats classified.

Charlie: Its what?

Maverick: Its classified. I could tell you, but then Id have to kill you.
--hide--

Bwahahahahahaa!!!!! Love it!

laughing laughing
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Top Gun is just one of the coolest movies ever. God made fighter pilots but not Vulcans and other aliens....
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Top Gun is just one of the coolest movies ever. God made fighter pilots but not Vulcans and other aliens. lol
--hide--

I still cry when Goose dies.
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Bwahahahahahaa!!!!! Love it!
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Bwahahahahahaa!!!!! Love it!

--hide--

Talk to me Joanna..... biggrin
Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII, shot down in France! The stories he would tell!!!!
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

My dad was a fighter pilot in WWII, shot down in France! The stories he would tell!!!!

--hide--

Maybe my knew your dad in WWII! He couldn't be a pilot because he didn't have 20/20 vision, but had a lot of his buddies that were pilots in Air Force. He said some of them flew like "daredevils" too! wave

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: (Quote) Frank-410833 said: Top Gun is just one of the coolest movies ever. God ...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:
Quote:
Frank-410833 said:

Top Gun is just one of the coolest movies ever. God made fighter pilots but not Vulcans and other aliens. lol

I still cry when Goose dies.
--hide--

I loved Top Gun too! Why do the good ones have to die too? I guess it wouldn't be as memorable if one didn't die! sad

Apr 9th 2013 new
I disagree with the presentation somewhat.

Women's brains are generally more interconnected between the "boxes," I agree. This allows women to be better multi-taskers. We are designed in this way to better handle our primary function: raising children. Imagine watching a 2-year-old, while juggling a stovetop. Not only are women better suited brain-wise for multi-tasking, but we may also have more experience in doing so.

Women are socialized to be more nurturing than men, so may appear more adept in dealing with human emotions. We are not necessarily trained to control our emotions, as men are.

I disagree with the idea in the presentation, that women are by nature of our brain structure, more emotional than men. There are certain emotions that are more allowable in our society for men, than for women. For example, if you live close to a larger city, examine the local news to see how many crimes are committed by men vs. women, based on emotions such as anger, resentment, territorialism, pride. Men have more testosterone hormone than women that more easily incites these emotions. It also allows men to be more physically active on a regular basis, than women.

I think that a person's mind is better defined by its centering. There is much research on this topic. Most logic is contained in the left-brain, and creativity and emotion in the right-brain. Also, the right-brain controls much of our verbal skills, e.g., vocabulary, spelling, speaking, but the left brain controls the ordering function of verbal skills, e.g., grammatical functioning. The left brain also controls spacial skills, such as map reading, and doing jigsaw puzzles.

Most people have some degree of functioning between both spheres of the human brain, right and left, but usually there is some dominance of one side over the other.
Apr 9th 2013 new
Hmmm, well there are very smart women in the world as there are men. My ex-fiance was very smart.
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hmmm, well there are very smart women in the world as there are men. My ex-fiance was very smart.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hmmm, well there are very smart women in the world as there are men. My ex-fiance was very smart.
--hide--

Meaning my ex-fiance is a woman just to clarify. lol.
Posts 21 - 30 of 77