Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-267933 said: I'm only "picky" about Catholic faith and morals. I think a lot of "pickiness' comes from ...
(Quote) Tom-267933 said:

I'm only "picky" about Catholic faith and morals. I think a lot of "pickiness' comes from being overly cautious in this modern, secular world. Because there are no common principles in our society and no real standards of behavior, I believe single Catholics who attempt to live their faith well tend to be cautious about meeting other singles and look for signs of "trouble" even as they hold out hope for the future.

--hide--

Exactly Tom. I think the same way. As long as I'm attracted to the woman physically whether she's taller, bigger or older the Catholic faith and morals is all I care about. But I think guys tend to think more openly than women these days. That's just my opinion.
Apr 9th 2013 new

I'm acused of being picky too but I don't think I am. I'm just the right amount of picky. But I'm prickly extremely laughing in the sense that I'm initially shy and reserve around guys I like which may come off as being picky.

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: How many of you too picky when it comes to dating? Either the person is too tall or short, thin or heavy...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: How many of you too picky when it comes to dating? Either the person is too tall or short, thin or heavyset, young or old etc..
--hide--

I don't know if I'd say I am too picky, but I think my expectations have been adjusted after some time on CM. I think there are probably a lot of people with unreasonable expectations on here, but such is the state of humanity.

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: But I think guys tend to think more openly than women these days. That's just my opinion.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

But I think guys tend to think more openly than women these days. That's just my opinion.
--hide--

I disagree that guys tend to think more openly. Women seem to be more forgiving to 'imperfections', especially when it comes to appearance. Again, society has a lot to do with this. Just my opinion.

Apr 9th 2013 new
I think there is enough picky to go around for both sexes. Age compatibility, orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and common sense are all important to me. Of course love for the Latin Mass would make it even sweeter. This is just for the ones that I'm looking forward to make friends with!! Lol
Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: I think there is enough picky to go around for both sexes. Age compatibility, orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and common sens...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: I think there is enough picky to go around for both sexes. Age compatibility, orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and common sense are all important to me. Of course love for the Latin Mass would make it even sweeter. This is just for the ones that I'm looking forward to make friends with!! Lol
--hide--

Man I really need to get into this Latin mass. Not for Tim lol, but just because it seems popular and pretty cool. Is there a program I can use to follow along until I learn the words?
Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Man I really need to get into this Latin mass. Not for Tim lol, but just because it seems popula...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Man I really need to get into this Latin mass. Not for Tim lol, but just because it seems popular and pretty cool. Is there a program I can use to follow along until I learn the words?
--hide--

+

J.M.J.

Frank, the Latin Mass is just sublime. This is a great little video introduction. vimeo.com

Most parishes have free missals for you to borrow during Mass, until you buy your own full missal. It may seem daunting at first, but after a few times, you will get the grasp of what's going on. Regardless, it is remarkably gorgeous, reverent, and special!

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Mariette-959211 said: + J.M.J. Frank, the Latin Mass is just...
(Quote) Mariette-959211 said:

+

J.M.J.

Frank, the Latin Mass is just sublime. This is a great little video introduction. vimeo.com

Most parishes have free missals for you to borrow during Mass, until you buy your own full missal. It may seem daunting at first, but after a few times, you will get the grasp of what's going on. Regardless, it is remarkably gorgeous, reverent, and special!

--hide--

Sounds lovely. I'll be sure to inquire about this at my parish. I like how you put J.M.J in there.
Apr 9th 2013 new

I prefer the term "selective" and agree with Pat about having non-negotiables, but I don't consider myself to be TOO picky.

Apr 9th 2013 new

I don't think of myself as picky. (Who does?) embarassed

But I think at this stage of the game, I'm experienced enough to know what sort of people tend to get along well with me.

Every one has value, as a child of God. Most people are nice, and interesting. And some are just - WOW. cloudnine

Posts 11 - 20 of 61