Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

04/09/2013 new

My dad was shot down on the outskirts of Paris. He spent the rest of the war in a German prison camp - Stalag III. I love this video every time I see it and it always makes me laugh - it's so true.

04/09/2013 new

Love it - Love it- Love it!!

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your liiiiiips!
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your liiiiiips!
--hide--

And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertiiiiiiiips. lovestruck!
04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I disagree with the presentation somewhat. Women's brains are generally more interconne...
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: I disagree with the presentation somewhat.

Women's brains are generally more interconnected between the "boxes," I agree. This allows women to be better multi-taskers. We are designed in this way to better handle our primary function: raising children. Imagine watching a 2-year-old, while juggling a stovetop. Not only are women better suited brain-wise for multi-tasking, but we may also have more experience in doing so.

Women are socialized to be more nurturing than men, so may appear more adept in dealing with human emotions. We are not necessarily trained to control our emotions, as men are.

I disagree with the idea in the presentation, that women are by nature of our brain structure, more emotional than men. There are certain emotions that are more allowable in our society for men, than for women. For example, if you live close to a larger city, examine the local news to see how many crimes are committed by men vs. women, based on emotions such as anger, resentment, territorialism, pride. Men have more testosterone hormone than women that more easily incites these emotions. It also allows men to be more physically active on a regular basis, than women.

I think that a person's mind is better defined by its centering. There is much research on this topic. Most logic is contained in the left-brain, and creativity and emotion in the right-brain. Also, the right-brain controls much of our verbal skills, e.g., vocabulary, spelling, speaking, but the left brain controls the ordering function of verbal skills, e.g., grammatical functioning. The left brain also controls spacial skills, such as map reading, and doing jigsaw puzzles.

Most people have some degree of functioning between both spheres of the human brain, right and left, but usually there is some dominance of one side over the other.
--hide--

I'm both left and right centered, Jacqueline. With more dominance in the left. Must be why I have a nothing box ! laughing laughing laughing

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertiiiiiiiips.
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertiiiiiiiips.
--hide--

You're trying hard not to show it baby, but BABY! BABY I KNOW IT! YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN! OHHH THAT LOVIN FEELIN! YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN! Now it's gone gone gone ohhhh.
04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: You're trying hard not to show it baby, but BABY! BABY I KNOW IT! YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN! O...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

You're trying hard not to show it baby, but BABY! BABY I KNOW IT! YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN! OHHH THAT LOVIN FEELIN! YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN! Now it's gone gone gone ohhhh.
--hide--

Now there's no welcome look in your eyes when I reach for you.
04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: www.youtube.com I'm still laughing.
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: www.youtube.com

I'm still laughing.
--hide--

Germany Woman Chancellor

UK Woman Prime Minister

Ireland Woman President(2)

Israel Woman Prime Minister

India Woman Prime Minister

South Korea Woman President

United States of America long overdue!!!
04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: But she's actually WATCHING 3 shows, men just click away.

But she's actually WATCHING 3 shows, men just click away.
--hide--

I guess that's why women aren't into watching football...football requires deep thinking instead of random thoughts...

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Now there's no welcome look in your eyes when I reach for you.

Now there's no welcome look in your eyes when I reach for you.
--hide--

Ladies and gentleman I'm going to have to ask you to leave the forum. It's getting a little heated between Joanna and me. Lol.
04/09/2013 new
Joanna's brain is much smarter than my brain. Hi Joanna. Lol. I LUV U
Posts 41 - 50 of 77