Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Are you "Ready for Love"?

04/09/2013 new

So tonight a new TV dating show starts on NBC: "Ready for Love."

www.nbc.com

This one is not your typical "Bachelor" format. These three guys (and the girls they will be dating) are going to have help from 3 matchmaker/dating coaches.

I am thinking there might be something to be learned form these folks. All the previews suggest that there will be.

One of the experts is a guy who is going to tell the girls what the guys are actually thinking.

Another one's tactic seems to be telling them "what is wrong with you" --the stuff that everyone else is afraid to say because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I think it is going to be interesting and will take some notes myself.

Too bad we don't all have people like this in our own lives who could tell us the hard truth and explain others' behavior to us!

If you had a dating coach/matchmaker working with you, what would they say to you?

Can we be that objective so as to see ourselves as others see us and take the critique to heart?

04/09/2013 new
I think mine would say that I hold myself back. And probably for a variety of reasons. When I accepted my late husband's proposal of marriage we had only dated 5 times, over a period of 3 years. Yes I know that sounds very unlikely. But we were married 37 years before God called him and we were incredibly happy despite all the problems life put in our way. So dating is such an unfamiliar thing for me that I think that is my biggest stumbling block. Plus I tend to judge myself somewhat harshly I think. Pair that with the fact that I get very little response to messages I have had the nerve to send, it has made me somewhat reluctant and confused about how all of this is actually supposed to work!
04/09/2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said:Too bad we don't all have people like this in our own lives who could tell us the hard truth and explain ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:Too bad we don't all have people like this in our own lives who could tell us the hard truth and explain others' behavior to us!
--hide--
Go to a CM Event.
Share a hotel room with 3 other Pink Sistahs (esp. if they are forumites).
All your questions will be answered.

04/09/2013 new
These shows are soooooo stupid in my opinion. Terrible television.
04/09/2013 new

Checkout the Singles Dance this Sat nite in Cincy. Should be 160 there. The List you'll see is from that Group only. 44 were Listed from that Group last month, but 160 tickets were sold.

meetup.com/cincinnati-nky-30-catholic-singles

04/09/2013 new

I always feel like the people have to give away all their dignity to participate. The motive is good, but the execution is always very sleazy and voyeuristic....

04/09/2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I always feel like the people have to give away all their dignity to participate. The motive is good, but the ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I always feel like the people have to give away all their dignity to participate. The motive is good, but the execution is always very sleazy and voyeuristic....

--hide--

Exactly and you'll hear one month after the show is over that the couple who ended up together broke up. What a huge shock. Those shows should be banned by Congress. Lol.
04/09/2013 new
Seems odd to listen to opinion from a source that helped establish the corrupt society in wich we live rather than God who loves us?

I'd guess things like, "He thinks you are really hot," and, "To win him over sleep with him." re going to be said. NBC has nothing to gain from Godly behavior. How, why trust a liar?
04/09/2013 new
NBC. Nothing But Crap.
04/09/2013 new

Gee, y'all tell me what you really think!

You miss my point: what would the matchmatcher/dating coaches have to say to us?

I just got done watching it, so I will share what I heard that made sense:

1) You are your own brand. Be consistent with your brand. Decide what it is, and reflect it through your look, your dress, your conversation, how you present youself.

2) Be in the present moment, not in the past, not in the future.

3) People have a key interest or thing that they are about. Try to make a connection on that right away. Tonight's guy was a musician, so the girls that tried to meet him on that plane did well.

Posts 1 - 10 of 73